Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: on X Maps  (Read 2816 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Have any of you used this app?
It is very detailed....
Just not sure how often I would use it....therefore, is it worth the money?
(they have a trial version)

« Last Edit: December 12/23/17, 02:55:42 PM by HD »
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya me neither Hd,  maybe next time I head to the north woods to chase grouse I might try the free trial. I can see hunting out of state it might come in handy for sure.

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
I have a customer that bought it this fall and loved it. 
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I got the trial app, and used it...I found several things out that I didn't know...land has switched hands so much around here, it's hard to keep track. This app, has the latest details of land ownership.....

But, since we mainly hunt our own property, or my sister-in laws...I can't justify the cost....

$9.95 a month, for something that I might look at once or twice a year.

Granted, it's a very nice thing to use if you are touring and thinking of hunting / hiking / canoeing WMA's
At least you would know where the boundaries are....
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline UplandObsession

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
BE VERY CAREFUL!!!!  I know of a group of guys that were hunting what was labeled school land on ON X and they got pinned for trespassing in both MN and NE.  I personally would go nuts without it, Its great for out of state hunts and I have been able to find small parcels on public land because of the App. I bought the US $100 version because I do go on out of state hunts and has been too Valuable to ever hunt with out it again.   

Offline Tom7227

• Outdoorsman
I just went to the website and two things seem odd to me.

First is a claim that the GPS system on your phone works even if you don't have service.  I don't have a cell phone and so I can't check that out but I don't understand how that can be accurate.  I was on a road trip to DC and my companion had an Iphone and an Ipad.  We were in no place West Virginia and were getting really weird info from them, and they didn't match up.

Second I don't see how the land ownership info can be accurate.  There are a lot of places where ownership records aren't maintained on-line very well.  How does this company come up with the info and how often is it reviewed?  Does the name do you any good without more contact info?  Knowing that the Dorko Trust owns the piece you would like to access doesn't do you much good.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Welcome aboard Tom7227!!! :happy1:go to the welcome to MNO thread, first one on the forums page and tell us a bit about yourself!!!
« Last Edit: January 01/19/18, 06:27:43 AM by glenn57 »
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yup welcome  Tom7227!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline UplandObsession

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
They have people that contact each County for the records.  I have been using it for 3 years and it has been updated 2 times in those 3 years. You ave the saved map in your "off grid" content and it still tracks without service to some degree. As for the parcel owner Info,  it is nice to have the Address of the land owner in case an injured animal goes onto their property you know when to find them and is typically pretty easy to come up with a phone # with just the name and address.  It is also handy to simply know the land owners name when asking for permission.  MN land owners are not friendly when it comes to asking but you get to some other state and a basic knock on the door can turn a quick conversation into 10 acres of hunting one year to 150 acres the next and so on. (As long as you're not a POS).