Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Meat thermometer  (Read 3213 times)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
They sure have a long way over the years. I ended up getting a weber Bluetooth mini for Xmas.  Here's the graph on the fatties today. Pretty neat.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 01/01/18, 05:35:54 PM by Bobberineyes »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Very cool.
They are,  except the app sure chews up battry on my phone..

Offline MN RACK ATTACK

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I've been looking at getting a new meat thermometer and going blue-tooth this time.
Any recommendations on brand or model?
A buddy had an I-grill that lasted only 1 smoking cycle so i'm not thinking that is the right one.
2020 Big Buck Slayer

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Did your buddy ever call Weber,  most companies will stand behind their products and work with you. My mini igrill thermometer has been used a lot since I got it, works awesome.  With any bluetooth unit,  you'll find the range might differ. This one covers a good area but if I get too far it'll show a break in the graph, note the upper graph has no break.   Heres a pic of the one I use.. Good luck!

Offline MN RACK ATTACK

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I'm sure he took it back to Fleet Farm.
thanks for your input
2020 Big Buck Slayer

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Did your buddy ever call Weber,  most companies will stand behind their products and work with you. My mini igrill thermometer has been used a lot since I got it, works awesome.  With any bluetooth unit,  you'll find the range might differ. This one covers a good area but if I get too far it'll show a break in the graph, note the upper graph has no break.   Heres a pic of the one I use.. Good luck!

Boob! Don't you use the "thumb push" test like all us great grillers?! 👌
« Last Edit: September 09/21/18, 05:08:52 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Instant read thermometers are cheap.  Get into the 21st century, reb

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have three, poindexter. Don't need them. Use 'em for doing my HVAC checks. When ya know how to grill, ya know how to grill.  :moon:

« Last Edit: September 09/22/18, 06:31:20 AM by Rebel SS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have had my $10 one for about 3 years and really like it but my hand does get hot cuz it is so short.  Have wondered about one that shoots the beam and are they good to measure a steak temp?

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Not for internal temp, Barry. Surface only. Have one of those too. Great for checking uninsulated cold spots in house or AC output temp in yer truck. Ya need a pair of these for the grill....remember the back of the comic books ads?  ;)  :rotflmao:

« Last Edit: September 09/22/18, 08:15:50 AM by Rebel SS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL ya I remember those.  Of course my buddies and I wondered if they really worked so we could see through girls clothes.  LOL