Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2018 gardens  (Read 59054 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
try using water when you plant, it might help the seed!!! :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
:pouty: :tut: you putz!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
:angry2: stuck my pepper seeds in starter soil on Feb 21 and as of last nite not a one has emerged. :confused: :censored: they got till next weekend, if nuttin then I,m turning it in as crop failure. ,Got Pepperchinies,AnehimesAnd I will officially retire from the seed starting business and just see the greenhouse.
I planted mine Margrets 2/7/18 none sprouted till 2/26 wernt moist enough.I give them a shot glass every 3ed day and spritz inbetween.So dry inside houses this time a year,KEEP THE SOIL MOIST!! Some just sprouted last Monday! I took 3 cups that didnt sprout and planted orange milkweed watered and Margrets sprouted today!! I got bout 50 plants a margrets growin if ya need any I want 24 plants,Got pepperchinies,anaheims,serranos,2 jalapinos early and late producers,tabascos,pablemos,new mexicos.Gettin short of dried ground hot paprika,the Margrets are goin for paprika also some sweet and smoked sweet,Maters are up an gorwin got lots more than I'll plant think I planted 10 different types + or- 2-3 of each as always I take the strongest an give the rest away, Most all my herbs are growin the ones I can start inside,Started flowers today wit da ole girl
 Now go water dem peppers glenn :happy1:
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :doofus: :doofus: :rotflmao: they are watered!!!!!!!!!!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:angry2: stuck my pepper seeds in starter soil on Feb 21 and as of last nite not a one has emerged. :confused: :censored: they got till next weekend, if nuttin then I,m turning it in as crop failure. ,Got Pepperchinies,AnehimesAnd I will officially retire from the seed starting business and just see the greenhouse.
I planted mine Margrets 2/7/18 none sprouted till 2/26 wernt moist enough.I give them a shot glass every 3ed day and spritz inbetween.So dry inside houses this time a year,KEEP THE SOIL MOIST!! Some just sprouted last Monday! I took 3 cups that didnt sprout and planted orange milkweed watered and Margrets sprouted today!! I got bout 50 plants a margrets growin if ya need any I want 24 plants,Got pepperchinies,anaheims,serranos,2 jalapinos early and late producers,tabascos,pablemos,new mexicos.Gettin short of dried ground hot paprika,the Margrets are goin for paprika also some sweet and smoked sweet,Maters are up an gorwin got lots more than I'll plant think I planted 10 different types + or- 2-3 of each as always I take the strongest an give the rest away, Most all my herbs are growin the ones I can start inside,Started flowers today wit da ole girl
 Now go water dem peppers glenn :happy1: i may take you up on that...........if you got others in mind let them have them!!!!!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Smurfy, maybe you could get Reb to start them for you. He has lots of time. Peppers need heat, and water of course.  :mooning: :mooning:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
So your saying my unheated garage won't cut it?? :scratch: :confused: :pouty: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: so what kinda ND of heat we talking here. It's in a 70 degree room with a bulb over it. My heating pad went to hell on me so.....

Maybe I need a couple grease zerks! :smoking: :sleazy: :moon: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: March 03/16/18, 12:56:43 PM by glenn57 »

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn, Like I told you before, I start my seeds on the top of the boiler in my shop. I just stuck a digital thermometer in a little starting pot on there to find out just what the temp is and the reading was 84 degrees. Some spots on there are a little cooler and some a little warmer I suppose. I hope this helps.
Art

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yea it did.............need to get additional heat!!!!!!! :bonk: :bonk: not sure if all this fun is worth the effort though!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
yea it did.............need to get additional heat!!!!!!! :bonk: :bonk: not sure if all this fun is worth the effort though!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty:

Of course its not worth it if you think your time is worth anything. I enjoy it though. I suppose none of gardening is really worth it but its kinda fun to grow your own stuff..... as long as you don't get too carried away. I have a tendency to go a bit overboard and make it too much work for the warden and I.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Of course its not worth it if you think your time is worth anything. I enjoy it though. I suppose none of gardening is really worth it but its kinda fun to grow your own stuff..... as long as you don't get too carried away. I have a tendency to go a bit overboard and make it too much work for the warden and I.
:rotflmao: yea thats just it. its fun, the rewards are second to none and i do really enjoy it. failure suxs though!!!!!! :pouty: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: yea thats just it. its fun, the rewards are second to none and i do really enjoy it. failure suxs though!!!!!! :pouty: :happy1: :rotflmao:

I'm just not going to touch this one........... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

I'm just not going to touch this one........... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:doah: :doah: why now???? :scratch: :scratch: :banghead: training-087 :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

:doah: :doah: why now???? :scratch: :scratch: :banghead: training-087 :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

cause it feels right leaving it alone..... :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
hey you need any ice cream pails??????????? i got like 20 of them!!!!!! need to reduce my stock some!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yes I could use some!!  my last one broke!!!! 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yes I could use some!!  my last one broke!!!!
:happy1: :happy1: oK DOKEY I'LL bring ya some!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
tanks!!!! :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
different catalog today,  Gardener's supply company... don't recall ever seeing it before

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I already got my seeds in the mail. I got them from the "seeds n such"

I hope they are the same ones I bought from Gurney's.....

They sent me a crap ton of free seeds too.... prolly won't plant them though.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
different catalog today,  Gardener's supply company... don't recall ever seeing it before
i've got that one in the past...........not recently.

picked up all my seeds at fleet farm a while back!!!!!!!!

i noticed this weekend that a fair amount of the hen-n-chicks i planted last year appear to be gone?????? wonder if them F#%^^$#$ RABBITS ATE THEM.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
hey you need any ice cream pails??????????? i got like 20 of them!!!!!! need to reduce my stock some!!!!!!!

YES!!! About 5!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

i noticed this weekend that a fair amount of the hen-n-chicks i planted last year appear to be gone?????? wonder if them F#%^^$#$ RABBITS ATE THEM.

SKWIRRELS!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

wife planted them a few years ago and yup they are gone...   and no I did not get rid of them!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I got a packet of "Bee-friendly" flower seeds in my new box of Honey-nut Cheerios!  :azn:
« Last Edit: March 03/20/18, 07:22:52 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
Hard winter this year and yer H&Cs wernt well established,Little snow an cold.
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Hard winter this year and yer H&Cs wernt well established,Little snow an cold.
yea kinda thought that too! No snow like forever to cover them.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Here Glenn...helpful hints.  :smiley:

https://youtu.be/Cu1J7K2VKDY

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 i can do one better...............just go to greenhouse!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: