Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2018 gardens  (Read 59053 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Works for me!! :azn:

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
i can do one better...............just go to greenhouse!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
UMMM What ya spose Margret peppers cost there?? Mine range in height fron 2-5 inches some are on their 3ed set of leaves,I had to hide the maters outta the sun they are growing to fast,They will develope stronger root systems that way.
 If ya want peppers I'll be going through CS Fri and then again around May 16th-23?  Save ya a trip down here just for plants.
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
you bet.........i'm pretty sure i didn't have it warm enough. my heating pad went kapout so............ but iffin you have someone elde tht wants them go ahead nd give them to them. 

wont be home much Friday!!!! not sure about the wifey either.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
you bet.........i'm pretty sure i didn't have it warm enough. my heating pad went kapout so............ but iffin you have someone elde tht wants them go ahead nd give them to them. 

wont be home much Friday!!!! not sure about the wifey either.
Heating pad??What ya got sore muscles? My plants get started in a south facing window, Thermostat set at 66 degrees for the whole house. You seen my grow room.The flowers are in a north facin winder and sprouted no problemo,Maybe a pic is commin? altho I kinda shy away from postin pics. Been tryin to do other stuff rather than the internet addiction!! :doofus: :smoking:

Besides I have 58 plants goin and want 24 that leaves lots to off 2-3 at a time I'll still have 20 or so leftover,Started so many cause I wasnt sure how many would pop bein good seed was from 2013
« Last Edit: March 03/26/18, 07:40:15 PM by dew2 »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Mine get started the same way....south facing window. My house is kept at 64* all winter long.
« Last Edit: March 03/27/18, 11:44:22 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Which way's south? :confused: ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I looked at my garden notes from last year today. On April 23rd my garden was tilled, April 29th I was planting stuff!! This year lookin more like may 23rd. :doofus: :confused: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  It'll just die anyway.   Gonna snow into May.   :rotflmao:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 04/16/18, 06:22:01 AM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  It'll just die anyway.   Gonna snow into May.   :rotflmao:
awe go back to bed!!! :tut: :doofus

Good one though. Made me chuckle!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I would, if I didn't haveta shovel SNOW every couple hours!!!  I just can't have the neighbor be doing it every day!   :angry2:
« Last Edit: April 04/16/18, 06:43:07 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
When the glacier recedes maybe I can think about gardening. Went out to the back garden where the cutworm moth trap is and snow is 2' - 3' deep out there. The hazelnuts with the tree wrap on them are back under the snow again. Oh goody.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Well, while wondering around in Menards today, (my wife and I had cabin fever) I did pick up a bag of seed potatoes and a couple bags of onion sets.  This was more of a placebo as I don't know when I will plant these.   :confused:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
No offense, Deadeye, but you may have to lighten up on yer words used, ie; "placebo". Now Glenn will probably be tearing up Menard's looking for "placebo onion sets".   :doah: :rotflmao:

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
 3 gardens tilled just on the edge of too moist, but it worked. 2 left to go one is the largest at bout 20ft X 30ft but first plant tatters,onions  latest I ever planted em!! Thats tomorrow along with the whole Herb garden, 9 different herbs I think Then my salad garden and early stuff.Maters an peppers are huge!
 Friggin wind is horrible today!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I hosed out the central AC, which sits on a pad between the house and deck. The water just rose up over the edge of the pad and didn't sink into the ground, must be frost in there yet a ways down.

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
 North side of our place has 1 ft a snow yet and the ground is frozen,Cant get into the crawlspace to get the outdoor water for hoses turned on unless I get the ice spud out.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
And we're supposed to have T-storms all week....hmmm....but, my sump pump hasn't run in a couple days. Could be interesting.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
frost in the ground be time yet!!!  amish were plowing Friday....  horse power!!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Planted peas, radishes, onions, carrots, and red beets. But those are in a raised bed. Ground level still has frost down about 4 inches. This is at Hawley. Farmers are out planting around here.

« Last Edit: April 04/30/18, 08:11:04 PM by KEN W »
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
lookin at the month long forecast.............thinkin its time to start gettin going on da garden.........but man i gots lotz of tings to do!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
lookin at the month long forecast.............thinkin its time to start gettin going on da garden.........but man i gots lotz of tings to do!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Too wet in my garden to do much. The winter onions are looking great, thanks Glenn. Rhubarb is going strong but no sign of asparagus emerging yet. If we get a bit of rain that will bring it up. I know the farmers are anxious but I think it's plenty early and a nice rain will bring the last of the frost out.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Too wet in my garden to do much. The winter onions are looking great, thanks Glenn. Rhubarb is going strong but no sign of asparagus emerging yet. If we get a bit of rain that will bring it up. I know the farmers are anxious but I think it's plenty early and a nice rain will bring the last of the frost out.
no problem...........glad to share!!!!!!!!! i noticed farmers are in the feild this morning..........figured its time to start !!!!!! first things first and gettin the ground tilled up!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
If it doesn't rain before dark will try to put some radishes in. The small garden is ready for that. Rhubarb is coming along there. Gardening the rest will be a while. Snow just got off it last week.  :confused:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well your next batch of french fries are going into the ground. them tater farmers are hard at it plantin!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn in his earlier years.... likin' dem 'taters's......:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pz2kXoDo_s
« Last Edit: May 05/02/18, 10:09:45 AM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn in his earlier years.... likin' dem 'taters's......:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pz2kXoDo_s
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: yea not hardly.............i threw 50 and 100 lb feed sacks around.

that actually looks like you and dotch down on campus of da mayo clinic!!!!!!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: :smoking: :sleazy: :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I think that's Del & Dotch, the Baa Baa Boyz..... :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Planted radishes last nite right before .05" of rain fell, followed by anudder .17" overnite. Nope, not me. Dem guys was clean shaven. Here's a recent photo w/my girlfriend: