Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: LOW west side Jan 5-6-7 2018  (Read 5800 times)

Offline Northerndave

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Hi there friends. Sharing a DIY wheel house experience from lake of the woods west side.

We put on the ice at springsteel resort on Friday around 4:30 PM, we pulled a tandem axle wheel house down onto the ice with a crew cab 3/4 ton truck, no plow blade. Ramp was slightly sketchy, I usually take it at an angle and I was glad I did. The ice road was pretty normal, a little rough but nothing like you see up the middle of the lake like rocky point area. I had nobody behind me going out so I traveled about 10 mph so I don't beat the hell out of the wheel house and contents. We went past the usual areas known as the sand bar and the DNR reef, I felt that the ice house populations seemed a bit down for both of these areas. Our destination was the "south tip" area, we set up in 24 FOW. I drilled 8 holes in the wheel house with a new 8" ION X which I love tremendously. Ice measured 23" with a tape. No flooding, snow for banking was scarce but achievable. We picked up 2 nice sauger Friday evening and a couple of pout. Saturday morning we experienced busy fishing, doubles and triples on up to around 9AM. The bite would continue through the day in school like activity surges. We dead sticked with no electronics and managed to ice 75+ fish. I didn't leave any rattle reels down saturday night. Sunday morning started off hot with a morning bite and slowed considerably by mid day. We iced around 30-32 fish sunday, packed up around 2:30 pm. Road was decent on the way off the lake, ramp looked terrible coming off but we pulled the big house up off the lake with no bouncing or wheel spinning.

Good trip.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds fun Dave. All is we did was cut firewood all weekend.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
far better than we faired only 300 yards north of ya. still awsome time.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Northerndave

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Boar, the smoked ring sausage was excellent. I snacked on some last night with a baked pike that Joey caught, finished the rest for breakfast this morning.

Thanks again!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
far better than we faired only 300 yards north of ya. still awsome time.
andwe expected nothing less from you!!!!!!!!!!!!! :super smiley: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :mooning:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Northerndave

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I try to tell him, forget about that new fangled flashy buzz box gizmo.

Put that junk away, use the force, luke.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I try to tell him, forget about that new fangled flashy buzz box gizmo.

Put that junk away, use the force, luke.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: buy him books send him to school................. and all he does is torment the females!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Northerndave

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
jan 12-13-14 we hit it again, same area. Didn't do as good as the previous weekend but we were happy with the number of fish we caught.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
jan 12-13-14 we hit it again, same area. Didn't do as good as the previous weekend but we were happy with the number of fish we caught.

So, you didn't bring a camera either time?  :scratch:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
78.50"

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Water to stained

Um, for pictures of all the fish they caught?  :scratch:  Not the one swimming still!  :thumbs:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
oh lol! gota laugh at myself for that one...... :rotflmao:
78.50"

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
oh lol! gota laugh at myself for that one...... :rotflmao:

any on would!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Northerndave

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
sorry, yeah i did snap a few pics. ive been slacking on pic posting ever since photobucket lost their minds. I do have a new photo host but im still a little clumsy with it.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Vixeos seem to need a hosting site, but picture can be uploaded straight from the fonem
78.50"

Offline Northerndave

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Troubles with phone also. My droid has no storage left. I don't know what's wrong with my phones but they always seem to self fill with app garbage that I don't want. Every now and then I safely unload photos and contacts and do factory reset to get my phone back to a functional state, but as it stands, I am unable to do much from my phone, short of pulling the micro SD card and physically moving photos to my laptop for uploads.

Offline Northerndave

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I fixed my phone so that I can share photos again. one problem though, I accidentally deleted my folder entitled "ice fishing".

so, I need to make new ice fishing photos I guess.

For now, here's what I work on every day. We've been on this project since deer hunting season.

1935 plymouth with a custom tube frame chassis, 4 linked 9" rear on coil overs, mustang II style tubular arms up front on coil overs, power rack. Gen III 6.4 Hemi, 545 RFE trans. Air conditioning, power disc brakes on all 4, power steering. Shaved door handles, shaved external hinges, hidden internal door hinges with suicide rear doors. Custom interior, power everywhere, door poppers, power trunk lid, power cowl vent... keyless push button ignition... It's keeping us busy between fishing adventures.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Man shes awsome!! Ill take 2 please!!
78.50"

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that is going to be one sweet ride!!!!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Northerndave

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Thanks, I wish it was mine! lol!

We will be back out in the south tip area again this weekend. Bringing the V plow again like we did last weekend. If you see a small red Marine Corps flag stabbed into the main road plow berm southish from the main house group at south tip, that'd be our "driveway" marker for our little trailer park.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
I fixed my phone so that I can share photos again. one problem though, I accidentally deleted my folder entitled "ice fishing".

so, I need to make new ice fishing photos I guess.

For now, here's what I work on every day. We've been on this project since deer hunting season.

1935 plymouth with a custom tube frame chassis, 4 linked 9" rear on coil overs, mustang II style tubular arms up front on coil overs, power rack. Gen III 6.4 Hemi, 545 RFE trans. Air conditioning, power disc brakes on all 4, power steering. Shaved door handles, shaved external hinges, hidden internal door hinges with suicide rear doors. Custom interior, power everywhere, door poppers, power trunk lid, power cowl vent... keyless push button ignition... It's keeping us busy between fishing adventures.

Well put some tracks on the sum-btch and get Ice fishing.  We're waiting for those photos!  :mad1:   :rotflmao:

Offline Northerndave

• Xtreme Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
That sure would look swell sitting in my garage... :happy1:

Offline Northerndave

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: January 01/20/18, 09:32:50 AM by Northerndave »

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
78.50"

Offline Northerndave

• Xtreme Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Northerndave

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
 beautiful day out here

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Yeah went from january straigbt into late march
78.50"