Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Looking for an ice fishing jig....  (Read 3176 times)

Offline Onin24Eagle

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Used to pound crappies with these.  At one time had quite a few in the tackle box.  I think I bought them at L&M fleet but that was something like 15-20 years ago.  I have one left, it doesn't even glow any more.  I'm trying to find more but none of the tackle shops in my area have them and I can't for the life of me remember what brand they are or what they're called...

Here's a pic:

If anyone knows what these are called or who makes them please let me know.  I'd like to see if I can find more again...
2011 MNO Deer Hunting Challenge Champion

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I can't really see from the pic, but that eye loop looks custom - almost like it was produced by hand or in small batches.  Also - let me know if I'm wrong - it looks like the the hook curves down when you move it in the water.  Today's jigs all seem to have the hook curving up.

I'd retire that lure before you loose it to a snag or broken off line.  It might be the last of its kind.

When I was in junior high, my buddy and I bought little black beetle looking things with black hackle sticking out the back at a bait store in Walker.  We hammered the crappies and sunnies with them.  Over time the paint wore off, the hair fell out, or we lost them.  I kept my last one for reference, but I've never seen anything like them since.

Good luck.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
I have some very similar at could be the same, and I recall northland tacklemaking them, some kinda gubb worm, when I get my new phone Ill post a few pics of the ones I have
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I have 3 just like 'em, don't now where I got mine either. Probably L & M in GR. Boars right(sssssh  ;) :laugh:) as I just looked & Northland Tackle has a couple things very close in the Jiggle Bug & the Creep Worm.
« Last Edit: January 01/11/18, 08:56:17 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm having a hard time figuring out what is going on from the pics.  Do you just have fas-snap or speed clip attached to the eyes of your jigs, or is there something else going on?

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
No wire on the end of mine
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like a Dave Genz sort of jig to me. 

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
doodle bug

northland tacle maybe?
Cookie's on Upper Red Lake
e-mail: cookie16@paulbunyan.net

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Look up K&E Tackle, sold at Fleet Farm. Looks like one of theirs, or with a bit straighter, aka less "Aberdeen" style  hook, a Bro mud bug.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
When I was in junior high, my buddy and I bought little black beetle looking things with black hackle sticking out the back at a bait store in Walker.  We hammered the crappies and sunnies with them.  Over time the paint wore off, the hair fell out, or we lost them.  I kept my last one for reference, but I've never seen anything like them since.

Not that anyone prolly cares, but I coincidentally found a picture posted of the beetles I fished with as a kid.  They were identified as LUR All Beetle Bugs and the pic looks just like them.  Originally they were sold as flies, but they look as if the might work under the ice as well.

Now that I know what I'm looking for, there are plenty for sale on the internets from $3 to $30.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I'd try them for sure...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I'd try them for sure...
why would you take them to the fish isle at cub!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scratch: :scratch: :moon: :moon: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
don't go to that store...   I do live by the lake, not in town!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
don't go to that store...   I do live by the lake, not in town!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
you know full well what i mean!!!!!!!!!!!!! :moon: :moon: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: and living by a lake dont mean nuttin!!!!!!!!!! :tut: :thumbs: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

:popcorn:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Of course we care Steve-O ......nice find!
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
No doubt steve cool find!!!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"