Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Think I've found a new game to try...  (Read 1819 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Too funny.  obviously slow learners.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline gophergunner

• Master Outdoorsman
Man, that's funny!  We had a crab apple tree in our front yard with a bird feeder in it.  The squirrels would sit in the feeder with their back turned towards the front door of the house.  I could sneak the door open and throw a cup of water at the squirrel.  If I timed it just right, I'd hiss at the squirrel when the water was about half way there.  They'd stick their head out to see where the noise came from and just get showered by the cup of water.  Oh man, did they get mad!  They'd sprint over to the next tree, sit up there and bark at this unknown threat for half an hour.  I got 'em trained pretty well-all I had to do was rattle the doorknob and they'd bail out of the feeder like they got hit with a cattle prod.

I also learned that they really don't like paintball guns very much.  They'd bail out of the feeder, run up the tree and hunker down on top of a branch.  I'd shoot the branch above them and douse them with paintball goo.  I had the purtiest batch of booger green squirrels running around the neighborhood!  I chased one all the way down the street lobbing paintballs at him as he ran for his life.  'Came close to him a couple times, and man, did he turn on the afterburners!  I never laughed so hard in my life.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
We HAVE to get together, GG.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
thanks for the morning laugh fellers!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline gophergunner

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline gophergunner

• Master Outdoorsman
We had a marsh hawk that used to make a pretty good living off our bird feeder.  He'd come from behind the house, fly past the feeder then turn on a wing and dive at the feeder.  The birds would scatter, and the sparrows would dive into a little yew bush that was on the corner of our front stoop.  He'd trap the spitzies in that bush and fly right in behind them.  If you were standing at the window and saw the explosion of sparrows as they bailed out of that bush, you'd see this hawk hauling off a sparrow for it's next meal.  He caught a big fox squirrel one time and it was so big, he couldn't fly away with it.  He dropped it out in the yard and when he tried to come back for it, the squirrel out ran him and hid in our paperbox till he left.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
We had a marsh hawk that used to make a pretty good living off our bird feeder.  He'd come from behind the house, fly past the feeder then turn on a wing and dive at the feeder.  The birds would scatter, and the sparrows would dive into a little yew bush that was on the corner of our front stoop.  He'd trap the spitzies in that bush and fly right in behind them.  If you were standing at the window and saw the explosion of sparrows as they bailed out of that bush, you'd see this hawk hauling off a sparrow for it's next meal.  He caught a big fox squirrel one time and it was so big, he couldn't fly away with it.  He dropped it out in the yard and when he tried to come back for it, the squirrel out ran him and hid in our paperbox till he left.

dat's good!!!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya!!! Stoopid skwirrels!  :fudd: