Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Feed deer mo harm den good  (Read 2420 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service

:coffee: .....
2018 Wisconsin bear harvest quotas are among the items the state Natural Resources Board will address when it meets Wednesday, January 24 in Madison.

Feeding deer throughout the winter can do more harm than good. :tut:

MADISON -- Wisconsin's deer herd is faring well so far this winter as low snow levels have deer moving freely throughout the state. Yet, the onset of snow and cold often turns people's thoughts to overwinter survival and a desire to feed deer and other wildlife. Residents should consider the negative impacts of wildlife feeding as well as alternatives that provide long-term benefits to help wildlife through a cold and snowy winter season.

Baiting and feeding ban to begin for Milwaukee County after first positive CWD detection.

MADISON - The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources has received confirmation that a wild deer has tested positive for chronic wasting disease in the West Allis metropolitan area of Milwaukee County.
 :banghead:

MADISON --
Wisconsin's deer herd is faring well so far this winter as low snow levels have deer moving freely throughout the state. Yet, the onset of snow and cold often turns people's thoughts to overwinter survival and a desire to feed deer and other wildlife. Residents should consider the negative impacts of wildlife feeding as well as alternatives that provide long-term benefits to help wildlife through a cold and snowy winter season.

Baiting and feeding ban to begin for Milwaukee County after first positive CWD detection :banghead:

MADISON - The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources has received confirmation that a wild deer has tested positive for chronic wasting disease in the West Allis metropolitan area of Milwaukee County. :doah:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
but yet they can legally bait der for deer hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :doofus: :doofus: :doofus: :doofus: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :confused: :confused: :confused: :doofus: :doofus: :doofus: :doofus:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
but yet they can legally bait der for deer hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :doofus: :doofus: :doofus: :doofus: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :confused: :confused: :confused: :doofus: :doofus: :doofus: :doofus:

Interesting Responds Glenn :happy1:

Quick Question: Dis is wid-out me takin any sides on dis question. :whistling:

If hunting over bait was legal in yer state would you do it? :scratch:
or would it be a madder of pride aginst yer judgement.

Also
             If you lived in Wisconsin would you do it?
                                        I'm just curious.

Like ta hear everyones opinion on dis. :scratch:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 01/17/18, 09:20:08 AM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
the connection i have in wisconsin is my step dad. he lives near new richmond and yea he baits so if i hunted i would be hunting over bait.

to answer your question if it was legal in Minnesota, would i bait, the answer is probably NO!!! SEVERAL REASONS why.............i live 3 1/2 hours from my deer stand, and when i am at the cabin its one hell of a hike back to my stand to set out dinner.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Lee, my personal feeling is I would not hunt over bait. I'd like to think I spent the time and effort to figure out where the deer are and what they doing where I'm hunting. After that I can enjoy the gradification of my efforts when I do harvest a deer and knowing I outsmarted it by being in the right place at the right time. If I don't get a deer and get to see one or two each day that's just as rewarding as shooting one for me.
 Also, food plots IMO are not baiting.

There's my $00.02. Thanks for listening.
mm

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Like markn, I'm against baiting deer for hunting.  With that said, I don't know if I would bait in Wisconsin.  Maybe just look for somebody's bait pile and hunt there.  lol.
I always though I would put a scope on my muzzleloader if it became legal.  Well, I still don't have a scope so there you are.   :confused:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I think the issue of baiting deer is more cultural then ethics.  If you grew up where baiting was legal and practiced, you probably wouldn't have a problem with it.

I talked to one 'Sconnie transplant who had a pretty good compromise.  No baiting during early archery and the rut while he hunted for trophy bucks.  He would put out bait in the late season if he wanted to take a doe for the freezer.

Don't ask me what he'd do if he had an open buck tag and a monster walked in on his bait.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
WHAT..........  would he do if a monster walked up to his bait???????????????????? :smoking: :sleazy: :dancinred: :dancinred: :super smiley: :super smiley: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:

sorry .....mikey made me do it!!!!!!!!!!!! :pouty:
« Last Edit: January 01/17/18, 03:12:35 PM by glenn57 »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
hey knock it off!!!! :angry2: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman