Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Lake renamed  (Read 3047 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
What's interesting, is that there is no definitive proof this lake was named after John Calhoun...it's one of four different alleged stories. Read an in-depth article a bit ago about that in Big River magazine.

http://www.kaaltv.com/news/minnesota-lake-calhoun-renamed/4749441/?cat=10151
« Last Edit: January 01/19/18, 08:51:35 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline ray634

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I don't go there but if i did I would never call it by the new name. Cant stand all the PC crap out there now. :angry2:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Same here. All this PC crap and trying to change history just pi$$es me off. :angry2: :angry2:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Same here. All this PC crap and trying to change history just pi$$es me off. :angry2: :angry2:

amen brother!!!! :mad1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
What's interesting, is that there is no definitive proof this lake was named after John Calhoun...

The revisionists don't care about facts.  How else can you explain why a guy can be asked not to NOT call a football game because he coincidentally has the same name as a southern general and somebody's sensibilities my be offended because it reminded them that this county had a civil war.

ESPN Pulls Announcer Robert Lee From Virginia Game Because of His Name

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/23/business/media/robert-lee-university-virginia-charlottesville.html

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Its Calhoun in my lifetime,always was and always will be...

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I feel for the guy with the last name of Dick or Whanger...... :doah:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Da Brothas' and Sistas' down here in Chicago are ranting and raving :taz: bout changing da street names & signs (not politically correct). Den der all Pe-ode cuz some a da schools in da area are closing. Closing because enrollment numbers keep dropping due to drop-outs. City can't afford to keep um open under da circumstances. :banghead:

You can't win fur loosing! :angry2:
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I feel for the guy with the last name of Dick or Whanger...... :doah:

what about Dick Head????    knew a guy who's name was Richard Head....

and when you at the airport to pick a friend and you see him do nor yell "hi Jack"!!!!!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Da Brothas' and Sistas' down here in Chicago are ranting and raving :taz: bout changing da street names & signs (not politically correct).

Since it looks like the nation is going to be banging back and forth for a while:  Bush to Obama to Trump to Winfrey to God-knows-where...

Why don't we just have two sets of names for everything.  When the "lefties" are in power we can call it Bde Maka Ska and when the "righties" are in the White House we can keep calling it Lake Calhoun.  That way we can be spared the righteous indignation, offended sensibilities, and constant hand wringing that goes along with the time and money our government wastes on unimportant issues.  We can switch everything over in the first week of January when the new president gets sworn in.   :scratch:

And while we are at it, we might as well have two sets of statues, cause folks get pretty worked up about those too.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I feel black Lake and Blackduck are racist towards whites. Let's rename them Lake Nipplelotta and Coalquack lake.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
It is clear the South American's don't have the same hang-ups we do...

:coffee:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I knew you'd post that. Every school kid giggles at lake titicaca. Kinda like biology and blue-footed boobies.  :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: January 01/20/18, 06:23:20 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
I grew up a block away from Calhoun, I’ll always call it that. Besides, I alway thought it was named after the character Calhoun from the Amos N Andy tv show.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
To me changing these names is like we are turning our heads and trying to forget the bad things that have happened.  They should remind us so it doesn't happen again.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
its always gonna be Calhoun to me !!!!!!!!!!! those bleeding hearts can kiss my patoot!!!!!!!!! :happy1: 
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Boy, the Cowsills are gonna be in deep doo-doo....................... :doah:

« Last Edit: January 01/20/18, 05:32:15 PM by Rebel SS »

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

This really hurts my feelings every time I drive by. It needs to be Changed!   :pouty:

Paleface River
The Paleface River is a 26.0-mile-long (41.8 km)[1] tributary of the Whiteface River in Saint Louis County, Minnesota, United States. The Paleface River is approximately 50 miles (80 km) inland from Lake Superior. The banks are heavily wooded with old birch and pine trees.

And

Whiteface, Minnesota
Location of the community of Whiteface
within Cotton Township, Saint Louis County
Coordinates: 47°11′12″N 92°21′59″WCoordinates: 47°11′12″N 92°21′59″W
Country    United States
State    Minnesota
County    Saint Louis
Township    Cotton Township
Elevation    1,371 ft (418 m)

« Last Edit: January 01/21/18, 07:38:11 AM by Leech~~ »
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
You should drive by Glenn's house!  "You are now entering Buttmunch County"..... :shocked:

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
You should drive by Glenn's house!  "You are now entering Buttmunch County"..... :shocked:

But, is that Race specific?  Or do they Buttmunch everyone?  :scratch:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!

But, is that Race specific?  Or do they Buttmunch everyone?  :scratch:
hey were not prejudice..............we buttmunch everyone..............................whatever dat means???????? :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :doah: :doah:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!