Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Keenum's re-signing????  (Read 7418 times)

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Just read on MSN that the Vikings signed Philly's QB coach as the Viking's new offensive coordinator.
mm

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Seen that early this morning as well, looks like the Eagles OC is being interviewed for the Colts HC job too.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Another report yday of Shurmur & the Giants wantin permission to talk to our QB coach, Stefanski, but were denied.
« Last Edit: February 02/12/18, 07:39:59 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline infamousdave

• Outdoorsman

Teams that overpay superstars have to give up talent at other positions.  The reason we were able to improve our offensive line last year and keep the defense in tact was because we weren't overpaying at QB, wide receiver, etc.

Well, if that list of salaries above is accurate and the Vikings paid Bradford more than the Patriots paid Tom Brady, then I would say the Vikings over payed at QB. :smiley:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Word on the street is that Denver may be interested in Keenum if the Vikes don't lock up a deal with him.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I heard that the Broncos might make a run at Cousins.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
I think Cousins is heading to Oakland myself.  Keenan had a great year and knows our system.  However with a new OC some things could change but still Keenan knows the teamates and the coaches and staff.  I  say as a couch potato superstar that they  franshise Keenum.  Yes it's big money for one year but if he maintains what he did last season it will be money well spent and can sign him to more years or if he is a bust then they can cut him or trade him.  Bradford will be gone and Teddy want's to be a starter and my want to be traded.  With free agents around we can find a good backup along with other players.  I forgot what NFL term they use but Teddy may have no choice but to stick around next season.  Read something about that recently.  He had that bad injury and that may affect everrything along with his lack of playing time.  good luck.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Its interesting how teams find reasons NOT to pay players what they want - or might otherwise deserve (to the extent that anyone "deserves" to make the kind of Monopoly money that sports teams owners and players make).  Too injury prone.  Haven't done it long enough.  Too short.  Small hands.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
RH, I think they may have a option on Teddy as he spent so much time on the PUP list. Physically Unable to Play, I believe they might be able to extend his original contract & not negotiate a new 1. Steve-o that's why those front office guys make big $ too. Even when they do pay 'em the ways they have to get around the cap keeps it interesting.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
The next few months are going to be make or break for Rick Spielman. 

This time last year many fans were calling for his head.  With a string of free agent signings and some 1st round draft picks that didn't pan out and a neglected offensive line that was in shambles, the natives were getting restless.

He pulled out of that tailspin successfully and the rest is history, but with all things pro sports-related - you are only as good as your last move.

The Vikings seem to have everything going for them - cap space, proven coaching staff, recent success - they will definitely be players in the great QB free agent shuffle of 2018,  but the questions is, will Spielman make the right call?

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Bet the final decision isn't all his but if whatever they decide doesn't work out it'll most likely be his job though. Your right though as they had a season or 2 where a couple of their early picks didn't play much. Both the DB & WR seen more time this season though.