Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Kitchen remodel going ok  (Read 7668 times)

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, my thoughts on the GFCI's....(I do my own wiring) even though code says ya haveta have them, especially anywhere near water, I put my 'frig, downstairs freezer AND sump pump on seperate, non-GFCI circuits, exactly for that reason, Deadeye. They sometimes WILL trip circuit when the compressor kicks in. And no, technically, they shouldn't...but they do. Some people have issues with it, others don't.....but sometimes if the power goes off, then comes back on *TRIP*. That's why I put in "regular" breakers on just those outlets.
Just my thoughts...and my ice fishing buddy, who owns an Electric Co, as a licensed electrician, agrees....I consulted him on the same subject when I put my seperate circuits in for those items. :rolleyes:

I heard the same thing, never put a frig or freezer on a GFCI because of the cycling they do can trip them.
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We have a lot of power outages here, that's why we have the 20K propane genny that's hard wired to the main panel so it kicks in automatically after the power is off for 30 seconds. I'm not convinced that those power outages didn't help the original breakers go bad. Since we changed to a different brand of arc fault breakers there's been no issues. My brother is really good with this stuff, so was Dad.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Thanks for all the help and good advice.  I to did some research and see it's a common issue.  Funny the people at Warner Stallion didn't mention this?  The fridge is on the opposite wall as the sink but is powered off a GFI that also powers several outlets near the sink.  I thought of changing to load off the GFI to the not protected side but two of the outlets are too close to the sink and probably should be protected.  I guess i could wire a separate circuit for the fridge (I pulled a water line so I should be able to pull a power line) but I had another plan.  There was a hardwired light under the cabinet and over the desk next to the fridge.  We never used this halogen light because it got very hot when used.  I simply moved the wires up into the cabinet, installed an outlet and now can plug the fridge in this "new" circuit. It's been working fine since the move. 
Thanks again for the help

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Bravo!!!! :happy1:  No dummies on this site! Well, maybe....no, never mind.  :lipsrsealed:  :azn:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Granite counter tops are in.  Now it's time to start on the backsplash.

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :cool: Nice! Like the wrap around counter. :happy1:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :happy1: :happy1: nice.............like that shiny stainless too!!!!!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
looking sweet!!!! :happy1:
Hey look your bobber is up!