Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Does anyone Ride?  (Read 13597 times)

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Got a "09 Snobear!  :mooning:   Yep it's a licensed sled!   My Grandsons came home from Okinawa Japan at Christmas for two weeks.  Was miserably cold.  They are 5 and 7.  Grandpa found a 2000 Polaris 120cc almost like new!!  Granny was way pissed when I came home with it.  But we had to go out to pull them off so not to frostbite after Xmas.  Guess I better find myself another real sled for next winter.

Dang, I always wanted a Snobear!    :happy1:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Put tracks on yer SNOWPUP.  RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR........ :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Put tracks on yer SNOWPUP.  RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR........ :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So how is it riding in that Snobear?  I have always wondered how noisy they are and how smooth they ride?

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
So how is it riding in that Snobear?  I have always wondered how noisy they are and how smooth they ride?

Ya talkin' about fat wimmen or snow vehicles?! I had to clarify for Leech, lest he get more confused.  ;)  :bonk:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Greetings from Itasca State Park our first stop. Minus 17 this morning. Did manage 100 miles.

mm

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Greetings from Itasca State Park our first stop. Minus 17 this morning. Did manage 100 miles.

Post up a few more pic's of the snow and trails your seeing.  Ton's of sled on trailers heading up north on our way to Brainerd today.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

Spent a weekend out on LOW's in one with a guy I knew. The ride is not to bad, way better then those old or home made bombers the resorts have. Went all the way to Oak Inland and stayed at the Sportmans and fished all the way back down. Wish I could get one.  :pouty:

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
Snobears do have quite a bit track noise esp when going top speed (20 mph).  But I had a guy sprayfoam my floor and way quieter.  The ride is smooth if you slow down to 12-15 mph.  They are now made in Minnesota, Isanti.  Use to be made in West Fargo.  The older 2012 and older are the best made ones IMO.   But wow 😳 have they gone up in cost.  I got a lot of grief buying a 20K icefishing machine when I got mine.  A lot of people buy ice castles more $$ now a days.  My Bear maintained will last as long as I can ride and icefish.  My icefishing buddy and I took the wives yesterday caught 25-30 big smallmouth and about 5 eyes at dark.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
yup would love to have one also!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline gophergunner

• Master Outdoorsman
I haven't ridden in over a decade.  My brother and I used to race.  Man, I wish I had back half the money we blew on equipment, repairs, travel expense.  We raced just about anything we could keep running for a few weeks in a row.  Everything from Rupps,Yamaha's, Skiroule's to John Deere's and even a Massey Ferguson. Our best sleds were three  1976 Mercury Sno Twisters that we raced for two full seasons.  We both sustained serious injuries which led us to call it quits. My brother broke a steering linkage  on a Polaris TXL up in Erie Pa. and took out about 10 feet of retaining wall, busting him up pretty badly.  I suffered two concussions. The second time, I was walking  across the infield and my feet went out from under me.  The  next thing I knew I woke up in a hospital  The first time it happend, I was chasing an El Tigre into a corner on a banked oval track,and he  started losing studs off his track.  One hit me square in the helmet, right above my eyes.  I went off the back of the sled  and got run into by a sled behind me. I was out for about 10 hours from that  one.  I've never been  so stiff and sore in my life. No way I'd suit up and race again.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
I haven't ridden in over a decade.  My brother and I used to race.  Man, I wish I had back half the money we blew on equipment, repairs, travel expense.  We raced just about anything we could keep running for a few weeks in a row.  Everything from Rupps,Yamaha's, Skiroule's to John Deere's and even a Massey Ferguson. Our best sleds were three  1976 Mercury Sno Twisters that we raced for two full seasons.  We both sustained serious injuries which led us to call it quits. My brother broke a steering linkage  on a Polaris TXL up in Erie Pa. and took out about 10 feet of retaining wall, busting him up pretty badly.  I suffered two concussions. The second time, I was walking  across the infield and my feet went out from under me.  The  next thing I knew I woke up in a hospital  The first time it happend, I was chasing an El Tigre into a corner on a banked oval track,and he  started losing studs off his track.  One hit me square in the helmet, right above my eyes.  I went off the back of the sled  and got run into by a sled behind me. I was out for about 10 hours from that  one.  I've never been  so stiff and sore in my life. No way I'd suit up and race again.

Those Mercury Sno Twisters were the shats back then. I was a SkiDoo guy then and really liked the little yellow Canaries! Never raced but went to a bunch.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I still be a ski-doo guy!; :happy1: mom had the little Elan man that thing could go thru snow.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
I still be a ski-doo guy!; :happy1: mom had the little Elan man that thing could go thru snow.

Yeah, was kind of more thinking these little yellow Canaries then the Elan's.  ;)

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
leech, my phone froze up and died shortly after I took the pic at the headwaters. The trails in the woods were down to dirt on the corners in a few spots otherwise in Ok condition. The trails that are on the min. maint. roads and fire roads were like a billiard table. Smooth, flat and plenty of snow. We went North of the park and made that loop to Becida, Lake Plangenet and back to Emmaville. Trails weren't groomed, but in decent condition due to light traffic. Two weeks ago the Paul Bunyan trails were pretty good also, but that was two weeks ago. Have fun.
mm

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
leech, my phone froze up and died shortly after I took the pic at the headwaters. The trails in the woods were down to dirt on the corners in a few spots otherwise in Ok condition. The trails that are on the min. maint. roads and fire roads were like a billiard table. Smooth, flat and plenty of snow. We went North of the park and made that loop to Becida, Lake Plangenet and back to Emmaville. Trails weren't groomed, but in decent condition due to light traffic. Two weeks ago the Paul Bunyan trails were pretty good also, but that was two weeks ago. Have fun.

Thanks for the report. I have got to get out and find some place to ride.  :sad:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
what about the north shore area????
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

I am in touch with someone that lives up there and it is getting hit pretty hard. No new snow for a while and the trails are getting pretty beat down with rocks showing. We need snow.  :pouty:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Lee said he wants about 10" more, send it his way.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

I am in touch with someone that lives up there and it is getting hit pretty hard. No new snow for a while and the trails are getting pretty beat down with rocks showing. We need snow.  :pouty:

dat sucks......

Offline gophergunner

• Master Outdoorsman

Those Mercury Sno Twisters were the shats back then. I was a SkiDoo guy then and really liked the little yellow Canaries! Never raced but went to a bunch.
I always liked those little TNT RV's.  Just a damn well put together sled.  The Sno Twisters were great sleds.  Their fate was pretty much sealed thought when Polaris came out with their independent front suspension Centurions.  We could match them out of the hole, but couldn't turn with 'em. All we could do was try to get in front of them and clog up the track to the point they couldn't get around us. Didn't take them long to figure that out. We watched Polaris's factory team-Bunke, Hulings, and Steve Thorsen just about lap the field up at Eagle River and knew the old Sno-Twisters were on borrowed time.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
And right on the blacktop..... :doah:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
more stupid is as stupid does!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :doofus:

Offline gophergunner

• Master Outdoorsman
Man, that had to hurt.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
hey LEECH................wanna ride...............head to the grand rapids area next weekend. they just got at least a good 8 inches of snow..............chased us home early from fishing. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
hey LEECH................wanna ride...............head to the grand rapids area next weekend. they just got at least a good 8 inches of snow..............chased us home early from fishing. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Would love too. After I put in a new piston from the one I burned this weekend!  :sad:  Looks like my trail riding is over for this year because even on a top-end rebuild I will have to take it slow.   :pouty:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Would love too. After I put in a new piston from the one I burned this weekend!  :sad:  Looks like my trail riding is over for this year because even on a top-end rebuild I will have to take it slow.   :pouty:

dats not good....

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
UFFDA!!!!!!!!