Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Ask a Trooper:  (Read 923 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
                     :police:  Ask a Trooper:

:scratch: Are there any laws regarding loud music in cars or wearing hoodies while driving?

:reporter; 2/16/18

Q: Last summer at a stoplight, my car was vibrating from the bass booming in the car next to me. I looked over and saw, what I assume was a person driving but could see only the outline of his pulled up hoodie. :doah: As we drove away, I thought there is no way he is going to be able to hear or see an ambulance or fire truck coming into the intersection on an emergency. While we know driving with extremely loud music and having a driver's peripheral vision blocked isn't wise, is it illegal and is it enforced? :confused:

A: There is no state law that prohibits how loud music can be inside of a vehicle, but it could be a violation of a city or county ordinance.

Regarding the hoodie that is potentially blocking their vision, there is no law that directly covers this as well. There are laws that cover suspended objects from the rearview mirror and cracked or tinted windshields as they are considered vision obstructions.

It is very important for the driver to be aware and alert to everything that is going on around them. Listening to very loud music while driving can block out an emergency vehicle’s siren or another vehicle’s horn, and it could cause a crash or reduce the response time for an emergency vehicle. Emergency vehicles are equipped with lights and sirens to warn others when responding to an emergency. Being able to hear a siren and see emergency lights will enable the driver to safety pull over and yield for approaching emergency vehicles.

Please turn down music :rocker; so you are able to hear any potential hazards and make sure you and your vehicle are free from anything that will block your view. It will help reduce your chances of being involved in a crash.  :happy1:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 02/17/18, 08:53:50 AM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again