Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Dick's Sporting Goods  (Read 16902 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
all i know is i'm staying outta these gun threads for a while till things settle down out in the real world. we can agree to disagreee but to get butthurt here amongst friends and get pissy aint worth it to me!!!!!!!!!! :surrender: :surrender:

That ain't gonna happen on here. We're all too smart, and I betcha anything that we all agree on the crap that's going on out there.  We're all on the same page here.  :happy1:
« Last Edit: March 03/01/18, 01:58:06 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
all i know is i'm staying outta these gun threads for a while till things settle down out in the real world. we can agree to disagreee but to get butthurt here amongst friends and get pissy aint worth it to me!!!!!!!!!! :surrender: :surrender:

That ain't gonna happen on here. We're all too smart, and I betcha anything that we all agree on the crap that's going on out there.  We're all on the same page here.  :happy1:
maybe i can change that!!!!!!!!! :smoking: :smoking: :sleazy: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :angry2:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn are you trying to get on the wrong page again? :doofus:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
maybe  :sleazy: :sleazy: :smoking: :smoking: :evil: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Hey JB, can we put him in the corner in a "time out"??  :rotflmao:  :rotflmao:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep, just better put some newspaper down in the corner too. Since he wants to be on the wrong page. :rotflmao:

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman

No butt hurt here, everyone has their own beliefs and opinions and there are never any two exactly alike. I agree with reb I think we are all to smart here to get upset with each other except when it comes to either using Hunts or Heinz ketchup, right Glenn  :sleazy:
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

No butt hurt here, everyone has their own beliefs and opinions and there are never any two exactly alike. I agree with reb I think we are all to smart here to get upset with each other except when it comes to either using Hunts or Heinz ketchup, right Glenn  :sleazy:
damn tootin right!! :banghead: training-087 :banghead: :taz:Dems fighting words not using heinz KATCHUP!!! :crazy: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

That ain't gonna happen on here. We're all too smart, and I betcha anything that we all agree on the crap that's going on out there.  We're all on the same page here.   :happy1:

Absolutely, Coffee!   :happy1:    And most folks know Hunt's is the best!!   :azn:
« Last Edit: March 03/01/18, 02:26:05 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
... except when it comes to either using Hunts or Heinz ketchup, right Glenn

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :bonk: :bonk: :pouty: :crazy: :confused: ok you clowns............iffin i wanna get paid next week, i gotta get back to posting dues!!!!!!!!!! :moon:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
... except when it comes to either using Hunts or Heinz ketchup, right Glenn

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAAAAAA!

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
Wrong Reb, Heinz is the best. Because it's a Burgh thing.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline infamousdave

• Outdoorsman
I do agree there shouldn't be a ban on assault type weapons but there should be an age restriction on any type of gun that is not considered a hunting gun. I know it's not a popular opinion here but it's mine. Smite away   :doah:

What guns would you NOT consider a hunting gun?
I was going to say any semi automatic. Here in Pennsylvania hunters were only allowed to start using semi automatic guns to hunt with last year and since I haven't hunted in over 10 years I didn't know of that change, but in my opinion if you need a semi auto to hunt with then your a pretty lousy shot and should go to the range and practice some.

Oh boy.... :doah:

I'm guessing you're not a hunter or gun owner?

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
I do agree there shouldn't be a ban on assault type weapons but there should be an age restriction on any type of gun that is not considered a hunting gun. I know it's not a popular opinion here but it's mine. Smite away   :doah:

I was going to say any semi automatic. Here in Pennsylvania hunters were only allowed to start using semi automatic guns to hunt with last year and since I haven't hunted in over 10 years I didn't know of that change, but in my opinion if you need a semi auto to hunt with then your a pretty lousy shot and should go to the range and practice some.

I hunted and was a gun owner for over 30 years. One day I lost the desire to hunt, so when my nephew was old enough to hunt I gave him my bow 2 shotguns and 4 HUNTING rifles. I don't even have one for self defense anymore, I use the 21 foot rule for my defense.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hell, the Deer Hunter takes PLACE in Pennsylvania!!!   :happy1: 

Offline infamousdave

• Outdoorsman

I hunted and was a gun owner for over 30 years. One day I lost the desire to hunt, so when my nephew was old enough to hunt I gave him my bow 2 shotguns and 4 HUNTING rifles. I don't even have one for self defense anymore, I use the 21 foot rule for my defense.

But you still don't see how a semi-automatic rifle or shotgun could be handy for hunting purposes?

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman

But you still don't see how a semi-automatic rifle or shotgun could be handy for hunting purposes?
[/quote]
Ok let me clarify my position for you again since you didn't understand what I said before. Do I see a semi automatic usefull for hunting? No I don't, like I said if you are a good shot with a rifle why do you need More than one shot?? When bird hunting with a shot gun I could get multiple shots at multiple birds pretty damn fast. Like I said before practice makes perfect so one shot one down, all the deer I've gotten I've only had to shoot once so why do I need a semi automatic. My uncle was a champion skeet and trap shooter so he taught me how to shoot birds on the fly quickly and efficiently and I can work a shotgun just as fast as a semi automatic so once again why do you need a semi automatic. I hope I clarified my position as simply and clearly for you so you will fully understand. Have a wonderful day.
« Last Edit: March 03/01/18, 07:03:15 PM by Coffee118 »

Offline infamousdave

• Outdoorsman

Ok let me clarify my position for you again since you didn't understand what I said before. Do I see a semi automatic usefull for hunting? No I don't, like I said if you are a good shot with a rifle why do you need More than one shot?? When bird hunting with a shot gun I could get multiple shots at multiple birds pretty damn fast. Like I said before practice makes perfect so one shot one down, all the deer I've gotten I've only had to shoot once so why do I need a semi automatic. My uncle was a champion skeet and trap shooter so he taught me how to shoot birds on the fly quickly and efficiently and I can work a shotgun just as fast as a semi automatic so once again why do you need a semi automatic. I hope I clarified my position as simply and clearly for you so you will fully understand. Have a wonderful day.
[/quote]

Oh I understood what you said, it's a standard liberal argument that I've heard many times before. No need to be so condescending.

1. The second amendment, which protects the right of citizens to own firearms, is not about hunting. The restriction of firearm ownership to some vague “sporting” purpose is, therefore, a fiction.

2. This country does not define what people can own by making them demonstrate a need. Nobody needs a Porsche to get to work, nobody needs designer clothes, an Ice Castle fish house or a big cabin on the lake.

3. A hunting rifle in semi auto is a feature. It’s like your car. Most likely an automatic transmission. That’s a feature that you either want, don’t want, or are indifferent about it. You can get a rifle in more that one action. Your car comes with manual, auto, CVT trans. It’s a matter of preference

4. Quick follow up shots when necessary are the responsibility of the hunter.

5. If one can be so proficient with a pump action gun that a semi-automatic is not needed for hunting then why can't a killer be proficient enough to kill just as many people with the pump making the semi-automatic unnecessary anyway?

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
So, we go from :

to this:

5. If one can be so proficient with a pump action gun that a semi-automatic is not needed for hunting then why can't a killer be proficient enough to kill just as many people with the pump making the semi-automatic unnecessary anyway?

That's been skewed to the point of wondering WHAT point this is trying to make....
« Last Edit: March 03/01/18, 09:01:48 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
Condescending no I just figured that that is the only way I could get that type of response from you. See this is the difference here than over there on your home site, we don't get butt hurt over here. We have fun with each other, educate each other and care about each other, I'm far from liberal but that you wouldn't know because your nothing but a mole from the other site to cause friction over here and everyone knows it and I've enjoyed exposing you. I've always been told that sometimes I should use my filter before I speak but I think I had to turn it off and say what everyone here is thinking but wanted to try to be nice guys but not me not today.  And like I said earlier, have a wonderful day.

Offline infamousdave

• Outdoorsman
So, we go from :

to this:

That's been skewed to the point of wondering WHAT point this is trying to make....

So YOU think semi-auto's should be outlawed too?

Offline infamousdave

• Outdoorsman
Condescending no I just figured that that is the only way I could get that type of response from you. See this is the difference here than over there on your home site, we don't get butt hurt over here. We have fun with each other, educate each other and care about each other, I'm far from liberal but that you wouldn't know because your nothing but a mole from the other site to cause friction over here and everyone knows it and I've enjoyed exposing you. I've always been told that sometimes I should use my filter before I speak but I think I had to turn it off and say what everyone here is thinking but wanted to try to be nice guys but not me not today.  And like I said earlier, have a wonderful day.

So, because I don't agree with you on a subject that makes me a mole from a different site? You really have an active imagination. What reason would I have to "cause friction"?

Seems also like you have a lot of butthurt for someone on a site that doesn't get butthurt.

Sorry if I interrupted your love fest.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I think Dave was trying to present his side of the argument, which I agree with him 100%. No need to get upset about it. Back to our love fest.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
So, we go from :

to this:

Nope, not me. Nobody's taking mine. I just can't follow the point you are trying to make & not sure what you are trying to say.
« Last Edit: March 03/02/18, 07:50:09 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Hell, the Deer Hunter takes PLACE in Pennsylvania!!!   :happy1:

Da, 30-30 worked for Rubin in Escanaba pretty well!  :deer:

Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Who Rubin?? Nice place, dat Escanaba, eh. Stayed there one nite while on the drive up to St. Ignace and out to Mackinac Island....hadda get some of dat fudge, ya know, eh.
« Last Edit: March 03/02/18, 07:50:53 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline infamousdave

• Outdoorsman
So, we go from :

to this:

Nope, not me. I just can't follow what point you are trying to make or not sure what you are trying to say.

Coffee is saying that semi-automatic firearms are not "needed" for hunting purposes. He insinuated that one can be just as proficient using a manual action firearm. If that is the case, why is he only concerned about banning semi-auto's? If one can be just as proficient at using a manual action firearm for hunting, why couldn't that same person also be proficient at killing with a manual action firearm?

What it boils down to is I think there is a place for semi-auto firearms in hunting and in self defense. I think people who are not well versed in guns don't understand them and seem to be afraid of them. I also take exception to a stranger telling me what I need or don't need.

Rebel, I've read your posts on subjects like this for years. Unless you have flip flopped like Trump on this issue, I guarantee you and I are basically on the same page here.