Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Dick's Sporting Goods  (Read 16897 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
OK, let's clear up something first.One; I don't flip-flop on issues. I stand firm on all my beliefs. Always have.  Two. Don't ever compare me to Trump.
Now, from personal experience:  Blasting 'yotes and whistle pigs with a semi-auto "Sportser" aka "AR15" is a blast. (Pardon pun) Bunny blasting with one so-so. But, Deer hunting with one is one I do NOT agree with. Totally unnecessary. Something called sport and other things involved there, I am not going to get into a dissertation on that, period. My cuz hunts deer and other large critters with a semi-auto "AR-15" type, been some VERY heated "talking" on THAT one. My own cuz. So, in summation, for SOME types of hunting, semi-auto's are great. Some types NOT. The end.

PS...I saw a 'yote nosing around the neighbors yard the other day; she has free-roaming cats. 'Yotes love cats. This scraggly looking guy sure coulda used one. Saw his tracks in my yard yday, too...but no one in this high-falutin' city would believe it, or even be able to tell a 'yote from a german shepherd. Mum's the word for me.
« Last Edit: March 03/02/18, 08:52:54 AM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
whats all the buzz about semi autos.  :doah: :doah: i have a Barretta shotgun semi auto......... holds 3 shells.
 i deer/bear hunt with a remington 30-06 semi auto...........holds 5 total shells WITH  the clip in. AND i have never emptied the clip deer hunting.
as i tell my kids your first shot will be most likely your best shot........make it count. but then again i dont plan on shootin up anything. :doah:

ok now i'm totally done with this!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Back to our love fest.

Hello, world, hear the song that we're singin'
C'mon get happy!
A whole lot of lovin' is what we'll be bringin'
We'll make you happy!

Offline infamousdave

• Outdoorsman
OK, let's clear up something first.One; I don't flip-flop on issues. I stand firm on all my beliefs. Always have.  Two. Don't ever compare me to Trump.
Now, from personal experience:  Blasting 'yotes and whistle pigs with a semi-auto "Sportser" aka "AR15" is a blast. (Pardon pun) Bunny blasting with one so-so. But, Deer hunting with one is one I do NOT agree with. Totally unnecessary. Something called sport and other things involved there, I am not going to get into a dissertation on that, period. My cuz hunts deer and other large critters with a semi-auto, been some VERY heated "talking" on THAT one. My own cuz. So, in summation, for SOME types of hunting, semi-auto's are great. Some types NOT. The end.

PS...I saw a 'yote nosing around the neighbors yard the other day; she has free-roaming cats. 'Yotes love cats. This scraggly looking guy sure coulda used one. Saw his tracks in my yard yday, too...but no one in this high-falutin' city would believe it, or even be able to tell a 'yote from a german shepherd. Mum's the word for me.

So, do you agree with Coffee's statements about semi-auto's for hunting?

in my opinion if you need a semi auto to hunt with then your a pretty lousy shot and should go to the range and practice some

Do I see a semi automatic usefull for hunting? No I don't, like I said if you are a good shot with a rifle why do you need More than one shot??

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I stated my points Dave. Read 'em again. It's clear. Quit trying to drag me into an argument.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Who Rubin?? Nice place, dat Escanaba, eh. Stayed there one nite while on the drive up to St. Ignace and out to Mackinac Island....hadda get some of dat fudge, ya know, eh.

You look me in Da hairy eye ball and say you never heard, nor saw Escanabe in DA Moonlight?  :bonk: :bonk:  :doah:

Only the best darn Deer hunten video ever which be watched every opener at our camp!  You need to find and see it!  :happy1: 

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 03/02/18, 04:44:56 PM by Leech~~ »
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline infamousdave

• Outdoorsman
I stated my points Dave. Read 'em again. It's clear. Quit trying to drag me into an argument.

It's not clear at all from my prospective. Coffee made a blanket statement that semi-automatic firearms are not "needed" for hunting. Based on your statements I can only conclude that you basically agree.

Seems like everyone is in favor of gun control these days.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

It's not clear at all from my prospective. Coffee made a blanket statement that semi-automatic firearms are not "needed" for hunting. Based on your statements I can only conclude that you basically agree.

Seems like everyone is in favor of gun control these days.

Coffee is absolutely right.  A pump, a lever action, or even a bolt action is perfectly acceptable for hunting.   So one doesn't "need" one.   So what?  There are lots of things people don't "need", like beef, tv, or fancy cars.   

Besides, the second amendment is not about hunting or recreation.   It is about defense and the right to life and liberty, as you know.   

As for the legal arguments, young people are not a protected class so discriminating against them is not prohibited.   Surely you know that Dave.   

Any business is entitled to decide which merchandise they carry so far as I know.   Barnes and Noble sells lots of magazines but I have never seen Hustler or Barely Legal there.   

As for new gun laws,  I think they ought to start enforcing the laws they already have, like the ones against felons possessing firearms, straw buyers, and use of a firearm while committing a crime.   

Then fix the background check system which sounds like it is poorly implemented and poorly run, with much stuff that should be in there not in there.    Making rules is easy, implementing and maintaining them is hard and boring and doesn't get you on TV.

That would be a start.   Then we can talk about more rules.   

As for bump stocks, they seem like a clever circumvention of the law about fully automatic weapons.   But they are only a symbol for both sides and have no real significance except as a symbol.   

Let's not be so confrontational, Dave.   This is not Sillytown.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so...........where the panfish biting anyway?????????????????? :happy1: :happy1:

Offline infamousdave

• Outdoorsman

Coffee is absolutely right.  A pump, a lever action, or even a bolt action is perfectly acceptable for hunting.   So one doesn't "need" one.   So what?  There are lots of things people don't "need", like beef, tv, or fancy cars.   

Besides, the second amendment is not about hunting or recreation.   It is about defense and the right to life and liberty, as you know.   

I already made those points.

As for the legal arguments, young people are not a protected class so discriminating against them is not prohibited.   Surely you know that Dave.   

I never said anything about that.

Any business is entitled to decide which merchandise they carry so far as I know.   Barnes and Noble sells lots of magazines but I have never seen Hustler or Barely Legal there.   

As for new gun laws,  I think they ought to start enforcing the laws they already have, like the ones against felons possessing firearms, straw buyers, and use of a firearm while committing a crime.   

Tell that to your friend Donald

Then fix the background check system which sounds like it is poorly implemented and poorly run, with much stuff that should be in there not in there.    Making rules is easy, implementing and maintaining them is hard and boring and doesn't get you on TV.

Yes, you would love to tell people who can or can't own a gun.....

That would be a start.   Then we can talk about more rules. 

Oh, brother.... 

As for bump stocks, they seem like a clever circumvention of the law about fully automatic weapons.   But they are only a symbol for both sides and have no real significance except as a symbol.   

Let's not be so confrontational, Dave.   This is not Sillytown.

When I state my opinion it is considered confrontational. What is it considered when you do it?

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
 :lipsrsealed:

Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Who Rubin?? Nice place, dat Escanaba, eh. Stayed there one nite while on the drive up to St. Ignace and out to Mackinac Island....hadda get some of dat fudge, ya know, eh.

You look me in the Da hairy eye ball and say you never heard, nor saw Escanabe in DA Moonlight?  :bonk: :bonk:  :doah:

Only the best darn Deer hunten video ever which be watched every opener at our camp!  You need to find and see it!  :happy1:

No, never even heard of it!!!!  I live a very coddled life.... :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  I'll check it out, thanks!  :laugh:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
You have never seen Escabana in da moonlight?
I thought I lived a sheltered life.......  :doah:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
No, never even heard of it!!!!  I live a very coddled life.... :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  I'll check it out, thanks!  :laugh:

I will say this. If you never spent a lot of time in a good old log cabin Deer Camp, you may not get it. Everything is over played but that is what makes it funny. Having some good Sap whiskey and Pasties for dinner before watching will help!   :happy1: :happy1:  :rotflmao:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman

I will say this. If you never spent a lot of time in a good old log cabin Deer Camp, you may not get it. Everything is over played but that is what makes it funny. Having some good Sap whiskey and Pasties for dinner before watching will help!   :happy1: :happy1:  :rotflmao:

I've actually made Pasties and Sap whiskey.... just cause I was interested in what it was...  :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Well, if livin' in this turn of the century cabin with no windows, (Nothing but the window holes) no heat, no electricity, fulla mice and bats (it's called the bat cave) and an outhouse 100 ft away,  38* degrees for a week with 10 drunken fishing buddies up for the walleye tourneys count, I've got some idea.... :rotflmao:  :rotflmao:

« Last Edit: March 03/02/18, 05:33:27 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

Well, if livin' in this turn of the century cabin with no windows, (Nothing but the window holes) no heat, no electricity, fulla mice and bats (it's called the bat cave) and an outhouse 100 ft away,  38* degrees for a week with 10 drunken fishing buddies up for the walleye tourneys count, I've got some idea.... :rotflmao:  :rotflmao:

Well then your good to go! Again it's all over played and some folks can't get into it.  Hope you can even find it somewhere to watch it. Google google. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that flick sounds so cheesy I have to see it!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Yup, sounds like it's got you written all over it!    :bonk:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Yup, sounds like it's got you written all over it!    :bonk:

heil you be the sheriff from cannon ball run!!!!!!!!  now that's funny!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
And yer Junior from Smokey and the bandit!   :doofus: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
"So, do you agree with Coffee's statements about semi-auto's for hunting?"

This is the sort of thing that seems confrontational to me.   If you would say "I think semi autos are needed for hunting"  that expresses your opinion.   

I expressed my opinion that semi-autos are not needed for hunting although some like to use one for that purpose.  Disagreeing is not confrontational.   

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

I was in the semi!!!!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, I was in the grass with Frog!!!  :evil:   :azn:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
it was a great flick!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yea well you 2 are Laurel and Hardy!! :mooning: :mooning:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well Cabela's sell guns to 18-21 year olds..... Cause there not Dick's!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Minnysodan's grew up teething on guns!!! :happy1: