Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Hand gun  (Read 10215 times)

Offline ray634

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
9 mil is a great plinker and also has a good variety of self defense rounds available. Ruger has a nice single action trigger with a short reset.

I carry the sr22 for EDC. It is small enough to be comfortable and has 10 round mag. A great gun at a reasonable price. It can also work for backup when hunting small game.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I also have been thinking on getting one. This would be basically for the range and for carrying ( in the house while I drop any fool willing to break in). 44 or 357 ?   :surrender:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Shotgun by bed side, double 0 buck.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Hand gun, i look at things like this. Accuracy kills more than anything i  my opinion. Comfert, and less recoil will lead to more acurracry. Im more affraid of a guy with .22  than a guy with a hand canon trying to recover from recoil when the crap hits the potatoe, my new hand gun has 3 clip that hold 15 shell each in a double stack clip.  Handle alot of guns, rack the chamber pull the trigger, howes it feel? Smooth, long triger pull, long reset?  Hand canons are fun but u less ur willing to put in the time with them thay can be more of a hi derence than protection. Accuracy, put ur time in withtrying different ones my 2 cents
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Hand cannons in a holster pull yer pants down. *WHOOP*  :moon:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I also have been thinking on getting one. This would be basically for the range and for carrying ( in the house while I drop any fool willing to break in). 44 or 357 ?   :surrender:
  "You feel lucky punk"!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
ALLAH ALLAH AKBAR!!!    *CRASH*

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: March 03/08/18, 07:06:29 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm a little surprised the Walther PPS M2 didn't make the list.  Walther has nailed grip ergonomics.  And if you like the PPS, also check the Walther CCP - light recoil.

And since the Sig 320 won the Army bid they have come out with all sorts of compact variants. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'd say Springfield XDm's with the "knobby bumps", adjustable front and rear backstrap has nailed the grip ergonomics for MY hand.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I'd say Springfield XDm's with the "knobby bumps", adjustable front and rear backstrap has nailed the grip ergonomics for MY hand.
and GOD only knows where your hands have been!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :crazy: :crazy: :confused: :confused: :doah: :scratch: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
and GOD only knows where your hands have been!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :crazy: :crazy: :confused: :confused: :doah: :scratch: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Is this one of those "Sex things" again?!!  :censored:  :doah:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!

Is this one of those "Sex things" again?!!  :censored:  :doah:
:tut: :tut: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Why are you wagging yer finger AT ME??!!!  YOU were the one that brought it up, ya numbskull!!  :angry:

Besides, you have taken this way  :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: again..
« Last Edit: March 03/08/18, 12:20:08 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

If you're looking for a striker fired polymer pistol, there are so many good options out there.  If you stick with a company that has been in the game a while, you almost can't go wrong.

Springfield XDm, Smith and Wesson M&P, Walther PPQ, Sig Sauer p320, Heckler and Koch VP9, Glock 17/19/etc. etc. etc., FNS-9, CZ P-10 C, or even the Ruger American are all worthy candidates.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya........

Offline infamousdave

• Outdoorsman

If you're looking for a striker fired polymer pistol, there are so many good options out there.  If you stick with a company that has been in the game a while, you almost can't go wrong.

Springfield XDm, Smith and Wesson M&P, Walther PPQ, Sig Sauer p320, Heckler and Koch VP9, Glock 17/19/etc. etc. etc., FNS-9, CZ P-10 C, or even the Ruger American are all worthy candidates.

You forgot Hi-Point....... :smiley: :smiley:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
picked up a S&W, M&P shield 9mm.. was looking at a Springfield but liked this one better in my hand...   $399.99 plus tax   got the holster Reb suggested Boar to get too and the ammo was 10% off.. 

still like revolvers better so ordered an American Arms one I wanted...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

:applause:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
My new "carry" gun.  No way will it be a "conceal carry".  If someone is too close I can just beat them with it.  :smoking:

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
My new "carry" gun.  No way will it be a "conceal carry".  If someone is too close I can just beat them with it.  :smoking:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
like that Deadeye!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Glenn_S

• Outdoorsman
I carry a Ruger LC9s and love it. I also have a Taurus PT709 that I used to carry. When wanting to go big, I have a S&W SW40VE in .40 that will get the bad guys attention.
"I hope we have once again reminded people, that man is not free unless government is limited. There's a clear cause and effect here that is as neat and predictable as a law of physics: as government expands, liberty contracts." ~Ronald Reagan

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya never know when.......notice the holster, Boar and Mikey.    ;)

« Last Edit: March 03/31/18, 05:21:05 PM by Rebel SS »