Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: New AR15  (Read 7360 times)

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
The APF Varmint is on it’s way.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I started looking at scopes and think I’m going to go with Vortex.  I pretty much only hear good things about them and it sounds like their warranty is second to none.  Do you guys have any thoughts on them?

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks sweet general. I have heard nothing but good about Vortex. I don't have one myself though. I have a Nikon Prostaff on my AR with the BDC reticale.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
what dose that set up run ya?
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I don’t know yet what it’s going to cost.  I’m sure I’ll go over budget but you can’t take it with ya.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
sorry G, i havent been in the scope or gun market in a awhile so no help here!

dats a sharp lookin gun. so what does da wifey get??????? a new toaster???????  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: March 03/06/18, 11:09:51 AM by glenn57 »
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King

dats a sharp lookin gun. so what does da wifey get??????? a new toaster???????  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

She’s got me.  What else could she need?  :sleazy:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

She’s got me.  What else could she need?  :sleazy:
:pouty: :pouty: :pouty: :doah: :doah: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: :happy1:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes, certainly I agree, and...

The top rifle is a circa 1870's assault rifle.
The middle rifle is a circa 1910's assault rifle with a sporting rifle stock.
The bottom is a simply "modern" assault rifle.

Guess what folks... (not the folks on here) ...they're all assault rifles!

Rifle technology innovation takes place primarily to gain an advantage in combat conflict, not squirrel hunting.

The Second Amendment guarantees the rights of American citizens to defend themselves.

While this right exists, we shouldn't have to apologize for calling things what they are or pretend they are something they are not.

And if these so-called "Modern Sporting Rifles" are also effective at legally taking 'yotes, or deer, or anything else... so much the better.
« Last Edit: March 03/12/18, 01:58:25 PM by Steve-o »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Here i thought the top rifle was my deer assault 30-30 rifle !!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
First shoulder carry assault weapon.    ;)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I picked up AR but of course the scope I had picked out sold and they needed to order one in.  I’m thinking of the Vortex hog hunter scope.  I’ll mainly use it for yotes and night hunting, target shooting, and maybe a prairie dog hunt as I haven’t done that in a long time.  They also had to order one other piece to mount the bipod.  Once it’s all put together I’ll get some pictures up.  Hoping in the next week or two.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Jr just bought a DPMS in a .223.....
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Has he got it out yet and shot  through a few 30 round clips?

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
I have a vortex diamondback I stuck on a ruger no1. This fall. If you’re not in a hurry I waited and watched the websites until it was on sale at cabelas. Ordered it online with free I store pickup. Used one of their buy 100 get 25$ off coupons and then opened up a store credit card for 25$ more off. By the time I was done with the sale and everything I paid around 175$ for the scope. Dang nice scope. It’s a single piece tube construction and is clear and easy to pull on target. I’m looking for another vortex right now for a browning sa 22 I just picked up. But I’m to dang cheep to pay full price. Watch slickguns they’ll pop up on clearance or sale
If science fiction has taught me anything, it's that you can never have enough guns and ammo when the zombies come back to life... "WS"

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Thanks for the advice but I already ordered it.  Not as good of deal as you but upon ordering the gun I did get 10% off on all accessories at the time of purchase.  This also included ammo.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Jr just bought a DPMS in a .223.....

That is what the wife and i have. Nice guns.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Has he got it out yet and shot  through a few 30 round clips?

Yup, he has.
He tried to get them to exchange the 30 round clip for a 10, and they wouldn't do it.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
Anyone need or want 3 magizenes in the GI canvas 3 hold pack.Original government issue from when they were made top o the line 1971
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
i have open sights on one ar and a scope on another. Really versatile gun that you can change 1000 times over

When I got my first one I went through my old army gear and found enough 30 rounders that followed me home through out my time in service that I haven’t bought a single one. I replaced the followers- springs and repainted them with some brownells heat treat stuff.
If science fiction has taught me anything, it's that you can never have enough guns and ammo when the zombies come back to life... "WS"

Offline bman940

Nikon's BLACK FORCE1000 1-4x24, 30mm obj, illumination and tough as nails is worth checking out. Sub $400 too. My son just used the below rig to take 5 hog's last weekend in OK. 2 using the illuminated reticle as the sun was setting.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I have it completed and tried posting some pics.  Will try and figure that out again maybe later this evening.   But I'm very happy with how it turned out.  Can't wait to shoot it.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Ended up choosing a Vortex Viper 6-20x44 scope.   
« Last Edit: March 03/30/18, 05:00:30 PM by The General »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
very nice!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Thanks Mike.  I just signed up at the local sportsman’s club.  They have a 300 and soon to be 500 yard range.  They also have a pistol range so it should be fun.  $40 for the year and half price if you were in the military.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: nice. Still doesn't mean ya can hit anything!! :mooning: :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Seriously that's one sweet gun.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks Mike.  I just signed up at the local sportsman’s club.  They have a 300 and soon to be 500 yard range.  They also have a pistol range so it should be fun.  $40 for the year and half price if you were in the military.

that sure sounds like a good place to go!!!  wish it was closer to Osakis!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Well Mike maybe you and Glenda should stop over this summer and we’ll take the guns out to the range and whip up some steaks and the grill for supper.  Dew lives close by maybe he could make it and of course anyone else who wanted to join in.