Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Hand gun bought.  (Read 6083 times)

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
 Bought this one. S@W MP 40 i held 6 to 7  guns in my price range, clocks 17 19  23  rugers and tbis felt the best with the best trigfer. Dig it!

[attachment deleted by admin]
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
WAY TO GO!!!  Ya got a great gun, in the right caliber!!!  :dancinred: :applause:

Now go get a locking Kydex for it!!! THIS ONE!  Love mine!!!Ya, I have all the others, that over time wear and yer gun slips out... :doah:  Just a suggestion...

https://www.zoro.com/blackhawk-serpa-cqc-holster-sw-mp-940-and-sigma-410525bk-r/i/G7565144/feature-product?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4Zns8rTY2QIVChhpCh0-ogBxEAQYASABEgLSZfD_BwE

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 03/06/18, 01:31:55 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Thanks reb i was thi king more along the lines of armsling holster
78.50"

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Congrats.  You won't have any problems managing the .40.

It looks pretty cool too.  I like the slide design on the M&P M2.0s.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Advice on those: Far more time to draw weapon, and they are pretty non-secure, unless they have the "snap-flap" over the tailpiece...which then ya haveta try to unsnap when ya need it fast....The locking kydex ones tilt, adjust up and down, hug the body.....but, it's alll personal preference, like the gun and all accessories. Ford, Chebby, Dodge thing. My cuz carries a S&W 1911 .45 in a shoulder sling....
« Last Edit: March 03/06/18, 01:32:48 PM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
first, let me get this outta d way..................RUN FOR DA HILLS!!!!!! LOOK OUT TAKE COVER!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

ok .....................congrats buddy!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
*ZING*    What was that??!?!??!    :shocked:   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Advice on those: Far more time to draw weapon, and they are pretty non-secure, unless they have the "snap-flap" over the tailpiece...which then ya haveta try to unsnap when ya need it fast....The locking kydex ones tilt, adjust up and down, hug the body.....but, it's alll personal preference, like the gun and all accessories. Ford, Chebby, Dodge thing. My cuz carries a S&W 1911 .45 in a shoulder sling....
cripes reb, ya make it sound like we live in a a war zone??? how fast can ya draw your weapon???????? glad i dont live down there! :surrender: :surrender: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
*ZING*    What was that??!?!??!    :shocked:   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
yep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bow: :bow: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, the way I see it, and having done this for a living, when the poo hits the fan, every second counts. It's not so much speed, it's proper HANDLING to ensure you can do what you need to do safely. Since you've already decided to carry, and gone thru the training/licensing/gun purchase, do the very best you can do.....lives may depend on it. When the sh** goes down, and adrenaline hits ya so hard and fast yer arm feels like a licorice whip, you can't be fumbling with a holster ya haveta fiddle with. If yer not comfortable with all this, you probably shouldn't be carrying. Just my opinion.

And, you wouldn't wanna live down here.....not for the last year, anyway. I'm not real fond of it.
« Last Edit: March 03/06/18, 01:45:15 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Nice looking piece right there :happy1:.

Another home protected by Smith & Wesson :happy1:
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i hear yea but thats an extreme.......... boar lives in red lake falls, up in da boonies, the only thing he gotta worry about being attacked by is the ghosts of fireball past!!!!!! :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

besides, iffin ya'd live a clean wholesome lifestyle like me, ya wouldnt need to have to carry!!!!!!!!! :moon: :moon:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
i hear yea but thats an extreme.......... boar lives in red lake falls, up in da boonies, the only thing he gotta worry about being attacked by is the ghosts of fireball past!!!!!! :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

besides, iffin ya'd live a clean wholesome lifestyle like me, ya wouldnt need to have to carry!!!!!!!!! :moon: :moon:

No, little feller, that's not an extreme. That's what the classes on weapons training teach. At least the last three I've been to have, and I agree. With all the in-yer-face carjackings we've had here, and the  kick-the-door-down burglaries here, Be the best you can be. That's how I haveta roll down here.

Now, as for Mr. Boar, you may be totally correct. A sawed off in a shoulder sling may be just the ticket. With a side pouch for the pint of Fireball.  :rotflmao:

As for leading a clean life like you, the fantasy thread is a couple pages over...... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:   :surrender:

I much prefer "the sex thing" threads...they're more fun!!  :evil: :bonk:

And I even gave ya a "like"!  :shocked:
« Last Edit: March 03/06/18, 02:07:54 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
I hear ya reb, thanks for the advise, thats a great price on that holster ther, i oderd it
78.50"

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, I paid $49 for it at Scheels..... :angry: I know you'll like it. Let me know. Gun releases with just a stroke of the finger...

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
congrats Boar and more good info!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so just for the sake of discussion what does that weapon cost, how spendy da bullets???????

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Da bullets are too spendy!!! About twenty-seven cents each...or a good deal is a box of 50 for around $17-18 for decent ammo. Cheap ammo a no-no! Bad for da gun!

I wanna know what Boar paid too...I know what they go for... :scratch:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
78.50"

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Right on the bean.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Congrats Boar. Sweet looking gun!!!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Mr Boarski: Just a tip...when ya clean that gun first or whenever, watch this vid first. S&W's have this little flat sear ya need to depress, and it can be a beatch! That's the only thing I do NOT like about them! :angry:  It's at 1:50 in the video. I also bought a piece of some brass rodstock, around 3/32 (about same thickness as a wire coat hanger) cut it and made a few punches by inserting them into a wood dowel for a handle. OR you can buy a brass punch ...you will need one to push that sear up and back into place. Just don't use anything harder than brass! Just a tip....:smiley:

« Last Edit: March 03/07/18, 07:52:53 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Hmmmmm ok thanks again!
78.50"

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
No prob...you'll see what I mean! That sear drives me nuts! So hard to see!  :crazy:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
No prob...you'll see what I mean! That sear drives me nuts! So hard to see!  :crazy:
yea well quit smokin dope when you clean it!!!!!!!!!!! :pouty: :tut: :doofus: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning: :mooning:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
O my!! You must have me confused with Doobie Delmar, da west coast guru!!  :shocked:    :smoking:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
O my!! You must have me confused with Doobie Delmar, da west coast guru!!  :shocked:    :smoking:
MUST OF........ apparently not hard to do!!!!!!!!!! :super smiley: :super smiley: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

morning REB!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :sleazy: