Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Yeti Coolers  (Read 5720 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Oh well, there it is....

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well ok I won't buy one of them. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
The full list of companies to have boycotted the NRA so far:

Alamo Rent a Car

Avis

Allied Van Lines

Bestwestern

Budget

Chubb Insurance

Delta Air Lines

Enterprise Rent-a-Car

First National Bank of Omaha

Hertz

MetLife

North American Van Lines

Paramount Rx

SimpliSafe

Symantec

TrueCar

Yetti

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
when these bozos figure out that that gun doesn't kill, mame or injure and its the person behind it and deal with that NUMBER 1 problem.................................

maybe they should boycott cars, plastic bags, knives........................ :confused: :confused: :confused:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I kinda see the NRA slowly going the way the tobacco companies have.... :undecided:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Boy, sure seems to be a group of us on here that just keeps getting hit with stuff...  :embarrassed:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Boy, sure seems to be a group of us on here that just keeps getting hit with stuff...  :embarrassed:

That's cause the grass sucking, tree hugging, "want it now" generation, "you owe me" folks are beginning to outnumber the yesteryear (us) generation..... just my 2 pennies....
« Last Edit: April 04/22/18, 11:58:38 AM by HD »
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
*WHOOPS* I actually meant to post that on the thread about Glenns wife in the hospital...but it sure applies here, too.  :angry2:  Too much on me noggin' lately.

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
If the nra did launder money for Russia then it seems to be the opposite of everything they try to stand for.
If science fiction has taught me anything, it's that you can never have enough guns and ammo when the zombies come back to life... "WS"

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

:scratch:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So these companies think that to alienate the NRA they will make more money.  They don't give a damn about the issue, they just want to make more money.  SO how will it play out for them?????   

Last summer a friend of mine bought a Yetti that holds about a case of beer with some ice and it was $200.  I think that is a cool thing to have.  No problem if you have the available cash.  BUT an Igloo for $40 or $50 bucks probably isn't too far behind.  I tell my buds on our ventures that cooler management is paramount.  Drape a $10 dollar tarp over the cooler and put it under the camper out of the sun.
« Last Edit: April 04/22/18, 05:52:45 PM by LPS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
There does seem to be a big difference in cold holding ability of coolers.  I don't have any Yeti coolers, they seem way overpriced to me (but I am old and cheap).   I have a couple of coolers that have thicker insulation, I think one is an igloo and the other might be a coleman,  that really keep stuff cold and ice lasts a long time.   They were not especially expensive either.   
My red plastic coleman coolers, on the other hand, are ok but don't really work near as well.  On the other hand they hold a lot more since the walls are much thinner.   

I see that Yeti clone type coolers of other brands are hitting the market so one of these days I might need to upgrade.   

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Wally world had 1 of your Yeti clones on closeout last time I was in there,Del, for $40. We have a Coleman Xtreme, that we've had a long time, that if'n you take care of it right, like LPS said, will hold ice for close to a week. We use the 1/2 gallon plastic juice jugs to make on own block ice, double wrap stuff that needs to stay frozen in newspaper, & keep it out of the sun. If I had a $200-$300 cooler I'd be worried that somebody would steal it the minute I wasn't lookin.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
They may be backpedaling.... :scratch:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
to little to late???
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hmmm...must've figured out they stepped on their unit and decided the David Hoggs of the world probably wouldn't have much use for their product. Unless of course it's to put their ice coffee latte in at Starbucks!  :bonk:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
My metal-wrapped Coleman's from the 70's are still going strong. Especially when ya drill a few holes in the right place and pump in that expanding foam. That's all the Yetti's are filled with, anyway. Put yer ice in, pile the goodies on, and throw a heavy towel over it all, then close the lid. Do the same on the outside with a wet towel, and keep in shade. I go 4 days with ice that way, especially if it's frozen in the milk jug half gallon jugs. .Then ya got cold drinking water as it melts, too.  Don't use the convenience store bags of ice cubes :happy1:
« Last Edit: April 04/23/18, 05:28:01 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
The main thing I was looking for was a small, like "12 cans" cooler that will hold the cold for a couple days.   The latch broke on the beloved igloo maxcold and they don't sell replacement latches or even the cooler anymore.   So I may have to just put a hasp on it to keep the lid closed when I pick it up, or a gate hook.  Hmm I wonder if some velcro would work?   

I picked up a soft cooler at costco for like 20 bucks that isn't too bad, but not as good as the igloo.  A gallon ziplock of cubes lasts two days in the igloo.     

Anybody know what glue sticks to polyethylene or whatever it is that coolers are made of? 

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
I do what reby dose and use the cardboard milk containers, helps stop the melt. And pelican coolers are usa made
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
What? I thought you hated cardboard!!  :scratch:;) :laugh:

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Yip, itsike killing it with a long slow death, during the freez!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
The main thing I was looking for was a small, like "12 cans" cooler that will hold the cold for a couple days.   The latch broke on the beloved igloo maxcold and they don't sell replacement latches or even the cooler anymore.   So I may have to just put a hasp on it to keep the lid closed when I pick it up, or a gate hook.  Hmm I wonder if some velcro would work?   

I picked up a soft cooler at costco for like 20 bucks that isn't too bad, but not as good as the igloo.  A gallon ziplock of cubes lasts two days in the igloo.     

Anybody know what glue sticks to polyethylene or whatever it is that coolers are made of?

Yup. Hot melt glues, and plastic epoxies. That's what I used on my Minnow Magic coolers.
« Last Edit: April 04/24/18, 07:42:45 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Got me, Reb!  :scratch: :tut: I liked your 1st post better ;) :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: April 04/24/18, 07:56:03 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Boar's home-made cardboard cooler never seemed to last too long......... :bonk: :rotflmao:

« Last Edit: April 04/24/18, 07:49:28 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts

Not sure I would call that backpedaling. Looks to me like they are trying to explain what their intention was and responding to the spin that was put on it by the NRA or someone representing them.
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman

Not sure I would call that backpedaling. Looks to me like they are trying to explain what their intention was and responding to the spin that was put on it by the NRA or someone representing them.

Yup, could very well be. We'll just have to wait and see.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
« Last Edit: April 04/25/18, 09:34:28 AM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline savage270

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
The NRA's response to YETI's response:

YETI severed ties with the NRA and is now engaging in damage control after a backlash from many of its customers. In early March, YETI refused to place a previously negotiated order from NRA-ILA, citing “recent events” as the reason – a clear reference to the tragedy in Parkland, Florida. YETI then delivered notice to the NRA Foundation that it was terminating a 7-year agreement and demanded that the NRA remove the YETI name and logo from all NRA digital assets, as well as refrain from using any YETI trademarks in future print material. While YETI is trying to spin the story otherwise, those are the facts. While Yeti can choose to run from the NRA, they can’t run from the facts.