Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Metal Ladder Stand Extensions - Build  (Read 2147 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
You can pick the green treated wood from the culls at the store (70% off at Home Depot) as it doesn't matter how curved or twisted they are.  Only thing to watch is that the center foot or so is clear of big knots.  Cut 4X4 in half and bore a 1 1/4" hole 6" deep in the center of each piece.  Use wood chisel to square one side of the hole to make it easier to insert the ladder.  Slide posts on to the bottom section of the ladder.  Spread the bottom of the 4X4's to tighten the extensions and nail or screw a piece of 2X4 for the bottom step.  Add the second and third steps.  I usually put some caulking around the holes to standing water.  Spray on some random paint to dull the green and you are done.  When you put up the ladder stand, nail a 2X4 between the top of one of the 4X4's and the tree.  You now have a higher (you would be surprised at what 4 feet can do) and very solid stand. 

Materials

Bore holes in the 4X4 pieces

legs installed on bottom section and steps attached.

A little paint and they blend right in
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
THAT is a GREAT idea!   :bow: