Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Roof leaks....  (Read 2256 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
So, I'm sitting in my turkey blind, and it's raining. It's probably my oldest blind I have....and the roof is leaking.

What can I put on it to waterproof it again?

They used to make "Scotch Guard" (but, I think they outlawed that stuff)

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Gotta be some spray on stuff for that HD. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I use "Camp Dry", I think it's called. Spray it on my gloves, tents, boots....it works, and not spendy. Think Wally World has it, and a lot of other places.  Yup, looks like they do....it works for me. They still make Scotchgard too, I have a can of that.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Kiwi-Camp-Dry-Heavy-Duty-Water-Repellant-10-5-Oz/140567508?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222227055177294&wmlspartner=wmtlabs&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=156485554278&wl4=pla-270640867132&wl5=9019795&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=140567508&wl13=&veh=sem
« Last Edit: May 05/09/18, 08:53:27 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
That Kiwi Camp Dry is good stuff. I use it on my non-leather, canvas type boots for water proofing. works great. We use that Flex-Seal in a can at work for sealing up small holes in the rubber membrane on our roofs. That seems to work for that also. Good luck.
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
camp dry here too..
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Sucks to have to ware rain gear in a popup blind.   :pouty:   
So, do the turkeys like the rain?
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Sucks to have to ware rain gear in a popup blind.   :pouty:   
So, do the turkeys like the rain?

They were pretty active this morning, but in large groups. I couldn't pull a Tom out of the herd because he didn't want to leave his girlfriends.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Thanks for the suggestions guys.... I stopped by Wally World and got some of that camp dry stuff while I was in town getting the differential oil. I'll spray it on tomorrow after the morning hunt.  :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Make sure the blind is clean and dry!!!