Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: White flowers come early  (Read 1798 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Looks like white is in this year.

Magnolia blossoms

Plums
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Way cool deadeye. Didn't realize there were magnolias hardy enough to survive our winters. Been waiting for the wild plum to bloom. Close but they've taken their sweet time. 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Way cool deadeye. Didn't realize there were magnolias hardy enough to survive our winters. Been waiting for the wild plum to bloom. Close but they've taken their sweet time.

"The longer the wait, the sweeter the prize"..... ;)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman

"The longer the wait, the sweeter the prize"..... ;)

That's what..... oh never mind.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Dotch,
Magnolia in Minnesota can be a tough one.  My brother said the will survive if you plant them on the north or shady side of the house.  Apparently if they are in the sun, they start growing too soon and freeze to death. Trick is to delay the spring as long as possible for them. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Our Magnolia stellata has done very well (in Maple Grove). Somewhat sheltered from the wind. It's about 20' tall. I should have taken a pic earlier this week, it's about done now.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv