Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Desk Top / Tablet VS Cell Phone Layout  (Read 5041 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
What do you guy's use the most? A PC desktop? A tablet? A cell phone?

I find this site works well on my PC & Tablet....not so much on my cell phone...

If I choose a desktop version of the website on my phone, it looks normal (as it does on my PC) but, you have to keep expanding the screen to see what you want....which kinda pisses me off....

If you don't select the desktop version on your phone, it all garbled up, and looks like crap....and hard to navigate...

I'm thinking I going to get a phone version, but it won't look like the desktop view....but way easier to navigate.

What do you boys think?
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
i use a desktop or cell phone. i hear yea on the cell phone but i'm so use to it dont bother me anymore....................its the not being able to all of a sudden post pictures from my phone that pizzes me off!!!!!!

what ever trips your trigger HD.............. i'll get used to it.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
My phone works pretty good.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
PC here so far, maybe a cell phone someday...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
My phone works pretty good.
no if only had a boaranze translation app!!!!!!!!!!!! :moon: :moon: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I use my PC at home or my laptop when away.  Have never tried looking at the site on my phone.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I'm just looking at upgrading to a different theme to work on all devices. That way, it would be less confusing.
Especially folks coming from different media sites to here.

I'm kinda picky when it comes to the way things look, and how they work.  :azn:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
You have done a great job HD.  Attractive format and works smooth as silk.  I have thought many times how impressed I am that a mechanic, deer skinning, hunting, fishing, type of guy has the knowledge and time to create and maintain something like this website.  You have created a great group of friends.  A big part of my day would be empty if I couldn't BS with you guys.  Thanks

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
You have done a great job HD.  Attractive format and works smooth as silk.  I have thought many times how impressed I am that a mechanic, deer skinning, hunting, fishing, type of guy has the knowledge and time to create and maintain something like this website.  You have created a great group of friends.  A big part of my day would be empty if I couldn't BS with you guys.  Thanks

2nd that!!!! :happy1:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman

Why thank you sir...you are gentleman and a scholar.....
I try, but, I still wanna make it better.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I use desk top 100% of the time.  Don't have a tablet and phone is to how do I put it, odd?
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I use desk top 100% of the time.  Don't have a tablet and phone is to how do I put it, odd?

Same here....

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I use my laptop most of the time. I use my phone occasionally when I'm seated in the oval office but it is more effort to enlarge the screens so I can see what I'm doing. Don't have a tablet but that might be easier.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
HD I like the new look.  Makes a lot of sense too.  Easy to see what's going on.  GOOD JOB!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm with DE & Reb, desktop all the time, no phone or tablet either. So your not alone deadeye ;) ;D. Gotta agree with LPS as it's my 1st time on in a couple days & I didn't have the "Recent" column on the right like usual & it kind of threw me for a bit. But found it up top right & before leaving figure how to get that column back. Good job HD :bow: :cool: :happy1:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Gunner what do ya mean you found the "recent" column on the right??  mine is on the left now??? and they is no changing from there I see???    and I'm not complaining I like how the site is working!!  jusy took me awhile to figure it out!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: 

keep up the great work HD!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry mike. :cry: I meant the info I was after was in the "New posts l New replies" at the very top right of the home page before I figured out how to get the "Recent" column back. Mines on the left too, mike & that's OK. Better mike, sheesh! :rolleyes: ;) :rotflmao:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Phone all of the time. As mentioned you've done one heck of a job Hd.  Although scrolling side to side reading posts do suck some on da phone.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry mike. :cry: I meant the info I was after was in the "New posts l New replies" at the very top right of the home page before I figured out how to get the "Recent" column back. Mines on the left too, mike & that's OK. Better mike, sheesh! :rolleyes: ;) :rotflmao:

yup and settle down boo boo!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I use a PC most of the time and my phone occasionally. Like others have said you do an awesome job HD!! :happy1: :happy1:
Hey look your bobber is up!