Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2018 MNO Fishing Contest  (Read 5061 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
2018 MNO Fishing Contest Rules

Rules and how this contest will work.

1. Must be a member of MNO.  Residents of Minnesota and surrounding states are encouraged to join MNO so you can enter the contest.

2. You will need ten posts by May 12th 2018

3. Contest runs from Saturday, May 12th 2018, till Thursday, Nov. 1st at midnight.

4. This contest is a single person contest. You will be asked to submit the longest fish in three species categories. Bass (either smallmouth or largemouth) Walleye or Sauger and a Northern Pike.

EXAMPLE: The total length will win the contest. Example a 20" Bass and a 26" Walleye and a 40" Northern gives you a total of 86 inches.

5. All fish must be photographed along side a clearly visible outstretched tape measure or fish board and must include the staple item. This years staple item will be announced a few days before the contest begins.

5.a The entire fish must be in the picture and it is important that the nose of fish is up against the edge of the tape or fish measuring board. Any one of three judges will look at the submitted picture and give it thumbs up. That means the fish has been scored. Fish pictures must be posted by the last day of the contest; no late or early entries will count. There is no deduction for open mouth.  All rulings are final; please post your best photo for judging.

5.b Please review your photo's before posting. A judge may ask for a different photo if the one that was posted has been disqualified. Again, all rulings are final.

6.  When you post your fish, please make no comments in the scoring thread, save that for the "2018 Fishing Smack Down thread" with a six month long fishing contest there will be a lot of fish for the judges to track and a lot of posts to go through.

6.a You must post a legal fish to qualify for any prizes. Judges will track the largest fish for each individual member.  Posted fish must meet the minimum.

7. Photos must be posted in the official thread; this thread will be for the posting of fish only.  Please no trash talk in the official photo posting thread. Please post your remarks in the smack down thread.

8. All local and State fishing rules must be adhered to in the catching of fish, Smallmouth Bass must be in season. No illegal means of harvesting will be accepted. Catch and release rules/seasons are OK for the contest. Bass cannot be posted unless they are in season where you caught them.

9. All members who want to participate must sign up by Midnight, Friday, May 12th, 2018.

10. There will be a minimum size for your fish to be entered. Bass will need to be 12" or larger. Walleye or Sauger 15" or larger and Northern Pike 20" or larger. Fish will be measured to the nearest ¼ inch down and upgrades may be made in ¼ inch units. (Example a walleye at 21 and 3/8 will be scored as 21 and ¼) There is no limit to how many times you can upgrade your catch. Remember that your largest fish in each category will determine your final entry length.

11. Prizes will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place member. Prizes will be determined by the donated prizes that we receive. Prizes need to be claimed with in thirty days of drawing. After thirty days if not claimed they will be rolled into the next contest.

12. Rules and prize packages are subject to change as this contest is an on going and growing project.

13. Winners must PM their sight name and actual name & mailing address to the prize distribution contact before Friday, November 30th. After that date all unclaimed prizes will be forfeited and rolled over into next years contest.

Good luck, and keep your lines tight! 
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I'm in. #1.... Glenn57!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2014, 2015, & 2016 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
I'm in, Big Daddy!!!   :sleazy:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

E mail:  thegreatoutdoors@frontier.com

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

"The only Ely Bait Shop owned by a lifelong resident.

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm in at #3. This year I'll donate a 5lb batch of fresh coffee beans to the person with the biggest fish, unless thats me then it'll go to the second biggest fish.  :sleazy:
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Excellent HD.  Well done rules.  I have a question about 6a.  If here on the Rainy River we can't keep anything longer than 19.5" but can keep one over 28" can I take a pic of a 24" fish and release it for the contest?  So sorry to make it complicated HD but wondered about this. 

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
Beam me up Scotty!  I'm in! Grandsons coming home from Japan will need to go fishing a bunch!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Excellent HD.  Well done rules.  I have a question about 6a.  If here on the Rainy River we can't keep anything longer than 19.5" but can keep one over 28" can I take a pic of a 24" fish and release it for the contest?  So sorry to make it complicated HD but wondered about this.
Yup, #8 applies....yes you can, but you'll have to wait till the staple item is released and the contest starts.....so, by that time, walleye season will be open.  :azn:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Put me in da ring too, just in case i get some fishing in this summer.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline MN RACK ATTACK

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I'm in. I will sure try to take more pictures, last year caught the fish but forgot to take pics.
2020 Big Buck Slayer

Offline Borgie

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Count Borgie in because:..... :queen:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 04/17/18, 12:23:41 PM by Borgie »

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
I'm in. Not sure what number I am...
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline stevenjames

• Outdoorsman

Offline prosupermag

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • 2013 DDS Multi Species Side Bet Challenge Winner
I'm in.   I will be making time for some fishing this year

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Ok, I will give it a shot.   ;)
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Wyofish

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Wyo is in.

Team name is:

Got To Get You Into My Livewell.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
When yer out yer seldom in and when yer in yer seldom out. So I'd rather be on da inside lookin out den on da outside lookin in! So I guess I'm in. :doofus:
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Robert and Boar! Are in. Team name Roar!!!!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
in at #18 I think?
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.