Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: boots/leather shoes  (Read 2779 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
has anyone ever bought a pair of leather boots at fleet farm???? how did you like them? did they last? my last pair i purchased from the boot shack in st cloud and i'm not real impressed with them. i've looked at FF. there not real spendy so i worry about quality.

i just droppped off a pair of my dress boots at the pleasant hills saddle shop in rogers to get resoled, near cabelas, they have a heck of a selection, a bit more money. anyone get any there????????
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I get all Red Wing boots as a union man Glenn.  You even have to look at each model of them cuz they are not all made in the USA.  The ones I buy are made in the USA.  About $160 a pair and they last me 2 or 3 years.  I read that if you have 2 pairs of boots and alternate each week they will last as long as 3 pairs cuz they get a chance to breath and dry out. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
What KIND of boots we talking here, Glenn? I've had quite a few from FF....

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I get all Red Wing boots as a union man Glenn.  You even have to look at each model of them cuz they are not all made in the USA.  The ones I buy are made in the USA.  About $160 a pair and they last me 2 or 3 years.  I read that if you have 2 pairs of boots and alternate each week they will last as long as 3 pairs cuz they get a chance to breath and dry out.

same here!!!   Red Wing boots are great!!!!

:happy1: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
This type of boot. And these are thorogood boots, union made, in the USA. I Had 1 pair of red wing boots, they lasted 6 months. I go to red wing once a month all those guys down there tell me most recent wings work boots are made over seas.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
This type of boot. And these are thorogood boots, union made, in the USA. I Had 1 pair of red wing boots, they lasted 6 months. I go to red wing once a month all those guys down there tell me most recent wings work boots are made over seas.
57 go to Runnings in willmar they have some good boots like that (Wellington Boots) dont know the brand name but I have a pair 12 years old resoled??a few times and still in real good condition. I also always had Redwing Irish setter boots they went down hill years ago I then went to Wolverenes brand name thats when I worked for sittin around the wellingtons are great!! :doofus:
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
57 go to Runnings in willmar they have some good boots like that (Wellington Boots) dont know the brand name but I have a pair 12 years old resoled??a few times and still in real good condition. I also always had Redwing Irish setter boots they went down hill years ago I then went to Wolverenes brand name thats when I worked for sittin around the wellingtons are great!! :doofus:
there's a runnings in montecello i'd go check out.

my boots needs to meet at least one of 2 criterias if not both,...............made in the USA and/or union made!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

my boots needs to meet at least one of 2 criterias if not both,...............made in the USA and/or union made!

Do you hold yer undies to the same standard?  :scratch:   ;)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Do you hold yer undies to the same standard?  :scratch:   ;)
:pouty: :pouty: :tut: :tut: :crazy: a little personal aint ya!!!!!!!!!!! :pouty: :moon: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: and how do you know if i.........er never mind!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Beat me to it, 57. :happy1: ;) :rotflmao: Was wonderin :scratch: if you 2 had a long talk about your fruit.........................of the looms. :bonk: :mooning: :laugh: :rolleyes:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup even those Irish Setters are Red Wings they are made overseas.  Need to look close at the box of even Red Wings to make sure that model is USA made.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Agreed,redwing really pissed me off a few years back as I always like they're product.

Bought two pair of upland boots as I travel on hunting trips with a 3 pair of hunting boots incase one pair gets wet etc.Contacted redwing,they said they out source to be competitive inthe market price wise.

Anywho got home with em and applied water repellant and noticed the tag inside the boots said "made in china" sport shop wouldn't take'em back.

Today I order my "hand made" made in "America" boots from Schnee as they are made in Bozeman MT,from casual shoe's to hiking/hunting boots to pak boots top notch,they will send out a foot jig with they're catolog because our feet are different sizes.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
i will check that out Snow.

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine