Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: FISHING REPORT LAKES OAHE SHARPE PIERRE AREA FOR MAY AND FIRST 13 DAYS IN JUNE 2  (Read 1581 times)

Offline Hutch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Fishing & Hunting South Dakota's Lake Oahe and Lake Sharpe
I been making trips now for much of May and now June but have not filed these reports due to a death in the family in May. I will start to make them again now on a 3 day or so basis. May was excellent on Sharpe for numbers of walleye but the fish were smaller than the 15 inch minimum in about a 8 to 1 ratio so to come in with limits many boats were catching and releasing as many as 100 fish a day. Lots of fun but lots of work to get some eating. That bite still continues however the bite on Oahe is also excellent now so it is the Lake of choice for most boats as there is no slot limit and keeping limits of walleye with some smallmouth and northern not uncommon. The size is probably around a 16 inch avg. on most limits however there seems to be good numbers of 18 up to 28 inch fish mixed in most bags. The last guide trips I have been on we have used crawler/bouncer /spinner rigs and have been running them in 5 fow to 10 fow with the fish out some days in 14 fow even 20 fow. The bite on Oahe is great from the dam all the way to Mobridge so if you are coming up you should have great fishing. Most presentations are working(minnows leeches trolling plugs) so whatever your style should get you some suppers. I will post the pictures of some of the trips I have done this year and as usual you will see lots of familiar faces from years past as a huge part of my business is repeat. Thanks to all of you for the trips and also all of you for the condolences.

HUTCH'S GUIDE SERVICE

HUTCH
Good fishing Hutch