Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: FISHING REPORT LAKES OAHE/SHARPE PIERRE SD AREA FOR THE 24TH-26TH JUNE 2018  (Read 1773 times)

Offline Hutch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Fishing & Hunting South Dakota's Lake Oahe and Lake Sharpe
I have been on Lake Oahe with Greg Conroy, Jim Cornicom, and Curt Hort from Pender Ne for the last two days. Super guys that had super weather and great fishing. We fished Lake Oahe in mostly depths around 10 fow with spinner/bouncer/nightcrawler rigs catching around 50 walleye or more a day and keeping limits and possession limits plus some real nice appetizers while they were here. The average was around 16 to 17 inch fish with a few 18/19 inchers in the bag every day. Released numbers of 14 inchers every day to attain the take home avg. Fishing on Oahe is excellent from the dam to Mobridge with the bite on minnows crawlers leech's plugs or in other words however you like to catch them. Depths are from 10 fow out to 30 fow depending on the bait the fish are chasing. Smelt are deeper, shad shallower so finding them sometimes is a little more challenging. If you get in the right area's numbers are real good. There is lots of boat traffic so be prepared to see plenty of other fishermen in many area's. There is also a National Bass tournament going on this week so boat ramps will be crowded. It will be interesting to see how these guys do as many are the cream of the crop. One thing for sure if you want to see some 150 to 175 thousand dollar bass boat/ truck rigs at the ramps drive out. Lots of billboards around with some beautiful boats/trucks under them I hope the weather holds for them. I fished tournaments for a number of years and know how much work and effort these guys put in and the expenses involved so good luck to all of them and stay safe. I will report the results in a future report. On Lake Sharpe fishing is also great but once again you have to go threw big numbers of fish (around a 8 to 1 ratio ) back to come in with limits of over 15 inch fish. After July 1st slot lower limits are off until Sept. 1st so limits will get much easier to bring home on Sharpe..Some flys/bugs starting to be around along with summer days so repellant and sunscreen/long pants along with plenty of water to stay hydrated are necessary items in the boat. Fishing is generally great Tip of this report. Look for the fish to start using the 15 fow to 25 fow more often as weather/water temp continues to warm.

HUTCH'S GUIDE SERVICE

HUTCH
Good fishing Hutch