Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: boat question  (Read 8423 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
ok looking for input, ideas, advise, or suggestions here.

i noticed my boat was taking on more water then it should so yesterday i did the fill up the boat with water trick. there were no leaks in the boat itself. the plug dripped a little, tighten the nut a bit and that solved that. i noticed water dripping pretty good from what appeared to be the drain to my livewell. that sits right at the botton where i thought it could of been rivets or something but wasnt. its coming directly from the outskirts of the livewell drain.

so has anyone put one of these in, or had to repair one? looking down at the inside of the boat it has what appears to be like a nylon nut. it looks like a beech to get at  :doah: :censored: but was wondering if i could loosen that up to pull that out far enough on the outside if the boat to clean it up and put in new caulking to reseal it.

and what type of caulking would you recommend. remember noone is right or wrong, i just want ideas to fix!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Yes. 4200.   That means 3m marine sealant. For use below/above waterline. Follow cure times. Stays flexible for future repairs. 5200 gets rock hard. Not recommended.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes. 4200.   That means 3m marine sealant. For use below/above waterline. Follow cure times. Stays flexible for future repairs. 5200 gets rock hard. Not recommended.
and where would i purchase such an item???????????? hint i'll be in red wing tomorrow and wed with time to shop!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Try this...

You said there were no wrong answers.   ;)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
https://www.rivervalleyredwing.com/ or auto parts store.
THANKS, I DRIVE BY THAT COMING INTO RED WING!!!!!! :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Try this...

You said there were no wrong answers.   ;)
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :taz: :taz: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good thing ya got lotsa cash. It's spendy. Ace carries it too...and lots of auto places...

http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=21199416

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
get that spray seal as seen on TV!!!!!!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
There ya go!!!!!   :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
get that spray seal as seen on TV!!!!!!!   :happy1:
maybe you should get some for that oil drippin harley????????? :confused: :mooning: :evil: :shocked: :sleazy: :smoking: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

:popcorn:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
my bike leaks no oil!!  it might mark it's spot once in awhile but that's it!!!  unlike your leaky boat!!  get yer water wings on!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
my bike leaks no oil!!  it might mark it's spot once in awhile but that's it!!!  unlike your leaky boat!!  get yer water wings on!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
so.......dont you gotta go play in da water wit your boat and dock????????????? :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :pouty:

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
Get at that nylon nut with a plumbers BASIN WRENCH.Then stop by I have great 3M sealent for free just return the tube when done.BUT it may be cracked nylon fixtures? I probably got all the stuff you need here,split tubing? Cant say I will do it but I know I ost likly have all or most of thr repair stuff.That under water putty is bunk at a high cost! I got that here used once and hung on the bunk wall!
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Damn, never thought of that...

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Plumbers putty is cheap and waterproof. Just won't hold up well to vibration or movement. I just wanna see Glenn spend all that cash.... :rolleyes:  ;)
« Last Edit: July 07/09/18, 01:28:10 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
Had to come back after thinkin!!! Before I quit doin boats I recommended removing live wells,Just to avoid the AIS rules.Why have a live well unleess yer a competitive fisherperson and need to C&R.Close it off use it as storage an bring a cooler which you probably already do.Ice the fish down in a cooled and dont need to prove a well is drained! They never fully drain anyway.Plug dt hole!! No more leaks or worries!
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
When ya turn the aerator on, nice to swivel around and put yer feet in on a hot day! I'm not joking!  Did that more than a few times on the river to cool off.... :azn:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Get at that nylon nut with a plumbers BASIN WRENCH.Then stop by I have great 3M sealent for free just return the tube when done.BUT it may be cracked nylon fixtures? I probably got all the stuff you need here,split tubing? Cant say I will do it but I know I ost likly have all or most of thr repair stuff.That under water putty is bunk at a high cost! I got that here used once and hung on the bunk wall!
i'll take ya up on that offer...............i plan to be out that way again in 2 weeks..........the 21rst. next weekend i be headed north!!!!!!

oh and i likes me live well...........when up north i dont have access to enough ice or the cooler isnt near big enough!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya mean to put yer head in?  :moon: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
When ya turn the aerator on, nice to swivel around and put yer feet in on a hot day! I'm not joking!  Did that more than a few times on the river to cool off.... :azn:
yea no wonder the water stin.................er never mind!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
OK so my issue is kinda worse then i thought. last weekend up nort i figured where my water is coming from. the drain to my livewell, the plastic piece that goes out the back end of the boat has a crack in it just on the inside of the boat. its a freakin beech to get at, soo.............its going to da boat doctor tonight.

i talked to dem sat morning, he's figuring i can get pretty far fixing it for $150.00. for that i'm not cussin and swearing to fix it myself!!!!! cause i already done did some of that!!!!! :confused:  :confused: :angry2: :mad1:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Easy, just do this...

$12.99

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Easy, just do this...

$12.99
:rotflmao: yea no thanks!!!!!!!!! i'm union, i do it right the first time!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Easy, just do this...

$12.99
:rotflmao: yea no thanks!!!!!!!!! i'm union, i do it right the first time!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

So it’s going to take three times as long and ten times the price to get the job done right. :mooning:
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Easy, just do this...

$12.99
:tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut:
So it’s going to take three times as long and ten times the price to get the job done right. :mooning:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe ya should trade in that garbage scow and get a new boat.... :shocked: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: September 09/24/18, 06:42:32 PM by Rebel SS »