Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Deer-huntin options expand  (Read 1740 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Deer-hunting options expand in 2018

:reporter; ....
Deer hunters will have more options this season, thanks to a rebounding population, officials said.

:coffee: .....
According to a news release from the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources, "favorable" winter weathers and previously conservative hunting regulations have led to stable and growing deer populations around the state.

:police: ....
The DNR will allow hunters to use bonus permits to harvest more than one deer in more areas than in previous years; fewer areas will require hunters to apply in a lottery to shoot an antlerless deer.

:fudd: ...
Last year, 48 areas required hunters to be chosen in a lottery in order to harvest an antlerless deer. This year, only 39 areas will require it. Bonus permits may be used in 54 areas, up from 43 areas in the 2017 season.

:popcorn: ...
Hunters can buy deer licenses and apply to the lottery starting Wednesday. The deadline to apply for the lottery is Thursday, Sept. 6. Archery deer season opens Saturday, Sept. 15 and firearms season open Saturday, Nov. 3.

:tut: ....
Mandatory testing for chronic wasting disease (CWD) continues this year: in the disease management zone (deer permit area 603) during all deer seasons; in most permit areas in southeastern Minnesota during the first two days of both the A (Nov. 3 and 4) and 3B (Nov. 17 and 18) firearm seasons; and in several deer permit areas in Crow Wing and Meeker county areas in north-central and central Minnesota during the first two days of the A firearms season.

For more information visit www.mndnr.gov/hunting/deer.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
So anyone know if the 2018 book for hunting is out? I stopped yesterday at a place that sells bait and license, they said they are not out yet??? :scratch:

i got the impression she didnt have a clue!!!!!!!!! :pouty:
« Last Edit: August 08/01/18, 01:00:58 PM by glenn57 »
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Her ya  big whinner

2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Ud wine about that one  i suppose.

78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i dont like either one!!!!!!!!!!!! :censored: :bs: :moon: :moon: :rotflmao: i want da book. da paper book. i want it in my possession so i can pick it up and read it.

like the news........i want da actual newspaper in my had........or reading a book....i want da book in my hand!!!!!!!!!  :happy1: :happy1:

but thanks anyway buddy ole pal!!!!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman