Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Truck Axel Size?  (Read 3025 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Do you guy's know where to find out what size your truck axle is?

I have a rusted through differential cover that is now leaking. It appears that the truck was made with 2 different size differentials...a 9.75 or a 10.25...one of which, the covers are different.

The truck is a 2006 F150 King Ranch with a 5.4
It's a 4X4, crew cab

Where would I find what it is? I tried "Google" and came up empty handed....

Thanks for the help,
HD
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I'd go into the local salvage yard and have a talk.. there has to be one close by ya...  if nothing else pics and then goggle it??  don't know if that would work or not...  I also don't think it should be leaking, but that is life..
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I guess it's pretty common with Fords Mikey....I flipped a coin and ordered one...we'll see...
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
I have replaced axles and bearings on a few rears.Is there a make and number on the bell/driveshaft side of it? There should be as a reference # Or I ve taken the part with me to a junkyard That cover is easy to bring along to match up.Yah gotta remove it anyway
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I guess it's pretty common with Fords Mikey....I flipped a coin and ordered one...we'll see...

hope ya got it right!!! :happy1: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
You identify it by the metal differential housing tag on it.....if it's still there. Ring gear size, pinion, date code.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 05/06/18, 07:44:02 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I didn't see a tag anywhere. I'll see if my friend will let me put it up on his lift and look around better.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I didn't see a tag anywhere. I'll see if my friend will let me put it up on his lift and look around better.

:doah:

Hokay...here ya go.....      :azn:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 05/07/18, 06:18:12 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I called the Ford garage that worked on the truck last...(in Braham) an they said that I bought the wrong one (50-50 shot) The 9.75 and the 10.25 have the same bolt pattern....only a 1/2" difference....you wouldn't know it till you tried to put the wrong one on.....both have a 12 bolt pattern

:doah:

Anyways, I'm trying to cancel the one from Amazon, cause I bought one from the Ford garage. (the only sucky part is, this one is not painted...and does not come with a gasket) ...  :scratch:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Isn't working on cars and trucks FUN?!   :rotflmao: :angry2:     
« Last Edit: May 05/07/18, 04:28:47 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Isn't working on cars and trucks FUN?!   :rotflmao: :angry2:   

NOPE! I figured I would have some time off to relax,and hunt with my daughter during turkey season....karma say's no! You gotta fix other stuff!  :bonk:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck HD.  You can always make a gasket.  You are handy as heck. 

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Thanks LPS... I did end up making a gasket (I have a set of hole punches) I got it all fixed up this afternoon. Thanks for the help boys!