Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Habenaro pep. Q.  (Read 1756 times)

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Growing habes for the first time. They are plentiful. I want them to get as hot as possible which is in th orange state. Theyare are all green. And some are dropping. And some are large!. Howel long till they turn orange, once pice do they ripen to orange like a tomatoe.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Yes, they will ripen to orange after they have dropped, but they will NOT be as hot as ones ripening on the vine. Can't tell ya how long to ripen; depends on the plant and conditions when they dropped. Rule of thumb is try to keep them from dropping by consistent watering and fertilization...ie; don't let them dry out or get stressed. Maybe Roony can add some more input. That's my advice after growing them for 15 years....
« Last Edit: August 08/22/18, 09:22:11 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Yhanks reb!!!
78.50"

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Anytime, Mr Boarski. I also used to give mine full sun until mid afternoon; then moved them to a shady area, but those were bucket grown. They stress easily this time of year, and critters jumping around by them, which they will do in late summer, is NOT good for the plants. They're in a kind of "relaxation" phase now, just hanging out to ripen....most of the growing is done.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Great  good to.know
 I have a few gohst peppers on the vine. Too
78.50"

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Grind those up and pack 'em in a stick sausage for ol' Glenn boy..... that'll get him chasin' momma 'round the table!  :rotflmao:  :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: August 08/23/18, 09:06:06 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman