Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Sorry... just venting....  (Read 4449 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I have owned this farm for 30+ years....
I have had some weird things show up in my yard.... anything from bears, ostriches, horses to llama...
But, I can never understand how people can drop off cats and dogs at my house, and expect me to take care of them.

Just lately, I have another litter of kittens living on my porch....wtf do I do with these?

Sorry for venting, just tired of people that can't take care of their own stuff....   :confused:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Happens to my parents as well..
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Amen HD. We had no cats until a few years ago when a half grown stray female showed up. PITA but we've managed to find homes for the kittens. When this female expires, that's enough cats. Had a neighbor with a mutt bitch that had puppies running all over in a pack getting into stuff. Apparently he didn't feed them. Didn't take long for the neighborhood to thin them all out. Guy was upset about it but hey, control your damn dogs if you don't want them shot. Don't expect us to take care of them for you.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
happens in our area too!!  sure sucks and it's hard too..  they are so wrong to do that...  good luck!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
I have had some weird things show up in my yard.... anything from bears, ostriches, horses to llama...
But, I can never understand how people can drop off cats and dogs at my house, and expect me to take care of them.

Just lately, I have another litter of kittens living on my porch....wtf do I do with these?

Sorry for venting, just tired of people that can't take care of their own stuff....   :confused:

Burlap bag um, or start dropping them back off down the road at all the nearest farms in a few weeks.  :happy1:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Roadside box, put on Glenn's curb...."Free farm mousers"    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: August 08/27/18, 07:45:43 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
You are a good man HD!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
It happens all over the place. That's how we ended up with the current cat. Found him along a dirt road along state forest land. No houses for miles. Either he was left there or hitched a ride on a farm rig and that is where he fell off. Now when the wife tells me to stop all of the sudden i hit the gas pedal. Oops.  ;)
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

Got a buddy just north of Rochester who found a body in his ditch...someone dumped it, dismembered in a black garbage bag.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

Damn city slickers... no, wait... I'm a...
No, I was right the first time.
Damn city slickers.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

Damn city slickers... no, wait... I'm a...
No, I was right the first time.
Damn city slickers.

Yes, someone from the city spent $30 bucks in gas to drive all the way up there just to dump a cat they didn't want!  :scratch:

Reminds me of a time we were grabbing a burger in a small town bar up Bear hunting and a very nice looking local gal started ragging on us once she found out we were from the cities. She said that some out of town Bear hunter is baiting right in the ditch by her house and put all their black plastic bait bags there!!  :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:  I was like You may want to talk to your neighbors down the road honey! No body baits in plastic bags because the scent can't get out and no one from the city drove all the way up here in the middle of no where to dump their garbage!  :crazy: :crazy:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Got a buddy just north of Rochester who found a body in his ditch...someone dumped it, dismembered in a black garbage bag.

Do you mean a human body Del?  That would be quite an experience.  Spooky..

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, he musta meant the body someone took the Ginsu knife to and turned into a fryer chicken....I remember that one.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
A friend of mine lives on a farm near Elk River.  His cat(s) have multiple litters each year.  When they are big enough, he puts out a sign "free kittens" and they are always taken.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
One time, I came home to a dog on a leash tied to a tree in my front yard.   :crazy:

We had that one for 8 years......
« Last Edit: August 08/28/18, 01:15:59 PM by HD »
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Who the he** could do something like that??!!  It tore my heart out to have my Mom's dog put in a foster home last month until she was put up for adoption (She was then adopted in  two days, thankfully) 
 :angry2:
« Last Edit: August 08/28/18, 10:23:42 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

Do you mean a human body Del?  That would be quite an experience.  Spooky..
yes, actual cut up human. Made the news and everything.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
All ready for shake 'n bake. O, that was sick.  :puke:

Offline K.O.W.

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I know who likes cats, my aunt called very sad and why a vehicle stopped guy got out black club beat her cat over the head sped off took the cat back of the truck and this is the most church going loving woman I know and her husband sharing the story. This happened on HWY 47 near the rum river state forest.  Buffet I hope not but driving the Toyota Tundra etc about 5 foot tall they reported was the perp. Killed fluffy a spayed female I guess save the neck for Glenn!

Offline K.O.W.

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
PS. The K.O.W. Is Kanabec county Ottertail and Wadena anyway occurred in Kanabec county which is HWY 47 east of the rum River Forest however it runs to 47 called
The Dewitt Pool if familiar within 3 miles of their clubbed fluffy not kidding so your farm is a dumping ground sign if you dump pet I will call Toyota drivers over they'll take em gladly for the meat.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So a guy stopped and clubbed your Aunt's cat and took it?

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya mean he was a cat burglar? :scratch:

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
Any kittens left? The wife just brought it up about. Getting one... maybe trade some beer for it?
If science fiction has taught me anything, it's that you can never have enough guns and ammo when the zombies come back to life... "WS"

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Any kittens left? The wife just brought it up about. Getting one... maybe trade some beer for it?

I have two for the price of one......free!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey HD.  You may want to get a few more kittens.  This seems to be turning into a marketing program for you.  People want your kittens and they are even offering BEER for them.  And you are almost out of product (kittens).  Sounds like you need two signs to put up in your yard.  1.  We need kittens!  then when you get the kittens replace sign 1 with sign 2. Will trade kittens for beer.

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
Beer is better than offering a man a bag of kitty litter. I’ll confirm with the wife that she is serious about a cat and pm you once she says “yes I want a cat” 3 times.
If science fiction has taught me anything, it's that you can never have enough guns and ammo when the zombies come back to life... "WS"