Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Work is done, now it's time to play  (Read 2987 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Plots planted, 9 miles of trails cleared and mowed, a couple new stands put up and all 50+ stands checked, fixed made ready for hunting and cleared of trees limbs and brush.  Looks like it's time to sit back and enjoy the place for a while. Good luck to all and be safe this season. 

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
50+ Stands!!!!????  Holy moly, that's a lot of stands.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
And 9 miles of trails, wow!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya DE is really into his deer camp.  Impressive!!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe it is CampIWannaBeThere after all.

:bow:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
If we all snuck in the back gate and sat in a stand he wouldn't even know we are there.   :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Plots planted, 9 miles of trails cleared and mowed, a couple new stands put up and all 50+ stands checked, fixed made ready for hunting and cleared of trees limbs and brush.  Looks like it's time to sit back and enjoy the place for a while. Good luck to all and be safe this season. 

Wait what? 9 miles of trails and 50 stands. How much land do you have?  :scratch:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Leech,
From time to time people here have ask me how much land I (we) have.  I bought the first land from my uncle back in 1991 and have been adding pieces ever since.  My uncle once told me there is usually once in a life time that the land ajacend to yours is for sale and you should just buy it and worry about what to do with it later.  Somewhere along the line my brother in law also got into buying land.  With that said, between the two of us we have just over 900 contigious acres of the best (my opinion) wildlife propery around.  I had used the 9 miles for a few years now so I recalculated and there is now 9.5 miles of trails.  Keeping that amount of trails clear is no small task.  However, it really pays of during the hunting seasons.  50+ stands may seem like a lot but some are rifle only, some bow only (these may be located near each other) and some may not get used at all. 

LPS, That may well be true.  I do from time to time walk around to see what's going on so who knows......

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
900 acres.  Man DE that is an awesome chunk of property.  Good for you.  I don't want to know exactly where it is but just a general area.  What part of the state are you talking?

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
About 15 miles south west of Mille Lacs Lake.  It's just under 50 miles from my home so I can get there often. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
That's a nice area.....
« Last Edit: September 09/15/18, 11:00:06 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
About 15 miles south west of Mille Lacs Lake.  It's just under 50 miles from my home so I can get there often.

Good deal DE.  Nice to live so close to it.  Here I thought you had an 80 or maybe a 120 until you started talking about the stands and trails. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon