Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Annual Walk  (Read 3900 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Every year we walk around Como park for the prevention of suicide.
This year, was no different....Jr and I wore our MNO tee shirts to represent!  :happy1:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Way to go HD.   :happy1:
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I salute you for that HD!! last several friends to that and one family member....  very sad indeed..
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey I salute you for that HD.  I have lost friends and family members to that too.  How sad.  Thanks for your participation HD.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Ya, me too. Two friends. Thanks for walking.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Thanks HD.  Suicide is a tough nut to crack.  Just last month a childhood through high school friend of my son, committed suicide.  It hits a guy pretty hard. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Awesome HD!! :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Thanks for the support boys!
Yup, this walk is important to me....I lost my nephew & my best man to this, even though I thought they were okay... They wasn't....
Awareness is key, and we walk to bring it to light.

Suicide has changed my life to the point, where I can't have close friends.

So, when I say that I'm a mentally unstable redneck.....in the words of Paul Harvey " Now you know the rest of the story"
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup, this walk is important to me....I lost my nephew & my best man to this, even though I thought they were okay... They wasn't....

So, when I say that I'm a mentally unstable redneck.....in the words of Paul Harvey " Now you know the rest of the story"

damn I do understand that statement only too well...  you are a darn good person HD!!!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Good morning HD!  I know it is a tough deal.  I have had classmates and friends and even a couple of relatives who took their own lives.  Of course I don't know the answers and we all go through ups and downs but so sad when people actually think it is easier to give up.  It is the people you leave here that are the ones that suffer!  I remember an advance reading class that I was in in high school.  There was a story about a guy in a foreign prison who was there for 20 some years.  Others there took their lives cuz they couldn't handle the place.  He hung on and on and on.  Well finally something happened and he got out.  The moral of the story was that no matter how bad life seems there is always the chance of better times in the future!  For some reason that has always stuck with me.  AND you have many friends here HD!  I am so glad you are all here.  If you were here right now I would give you a big man hug whether you like it or not.  Have a great day!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Thanks for the kind words LPS!
I am glad you all are here as well!

Thanks again,
HD

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Your alright for a redneck there HD!!! :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!