Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: A portion.  (Read 2143 times)

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
I see businesses of all types advertising that "a portion" of the profits or proceeds will be donated to a cause of charity.

How much is "a portion"? 0.001% is a portion. 10% is a portion. How come they never tell you what portion?

Not quite as hot a topic as world peace or homelessness, but I still wonder.

Your thoughts?
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Good question.  :confused: Some will say, but not very many.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
It's sad some are kind of scams.  For years I never understood what the "March of Dimes" meant?
Then I was like, what do you do with the other $.90 you bastages?  :bs:

Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
When I was in business years ago I made the mistake of donating to Catholic Charities of St. Cloud. They sold my info so I was on the charity sucker list forever. Lesson learned.

I really, really want to donate to NPR but won't go through the sucker list thing again. And no.....I don't trust ANYBODY who says they don't sell my information.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I believe a portion of what I read online.

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
I use the glenn standards of measurments. For example using the formula of.

GLENN ÷ BRAIN FUNCTION× PRODUCTIVITY SQUARED,  WILL GIVE US THE MEANS, WHICH IS .00000001 then taking that numbermultiplied by qaulty of .00⁰0000-1 and adding that to gether will give you the portion of profits that go to:
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Dutch, about 10 years ago I donated to NPR and I got a big coffee cup.  I told them that I would donate only if they quit sending me emails and other advertising.  Surprisingly it worked.  May not these days.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Next trip to Duluth I might try and find the NPR office, stop in and make a donation. They won't get any of my information. I watch that feature "Alone in the Wilderness" every time it's on. It never gets old.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I use the glenn standards of measurments. For example using the formula of.

GLENN ÷ BRAIN FUNCTION× PRODUCTIVITY SQUARED,  WILL GIVE US THE MEANS, WHICH IS .00000001 then taking that numbermultiplied by qaulty of .00⁰0000-1 and adding that to gether will give you the portion of profits that go to:
:tut: :tut: which would also be equivalent to your ability to catch a fish or shoot wild game!!!!!!!!  :mooning: :mooning: :happy1: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"