Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What next?!  (Read 243783 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Well ya, they're waiting for the Ford tow truck.   :rotflmao:
:tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: awe.....bi er never mind. :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Whenever we go by there's no place to park :pouty: 'cause there's already a white Malibu or Silverado pickup sittin there. :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
  :scratch: must be someone else.me gotz an impala. :mooning: :mooning:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Same thing.  :whistling:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
UPDATE: UN agency declares global emergency over virus from China

(AP) -- The World Health Organization has declared the outbreak of new virus from China a global emergency after the number of infected people spiked more than tenfold in a week. 

The United Nations health agency made the determination on Thursday as more cases of human-to-human transmission were being reported worldwide.   

To date, China has reported more than 7,800 cases, including 170 deaths.   Eighteen other countries have reported cases, as scientists race to understand how exactly the virus is spreading and how severe it is.   

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Rebel SS is right.  If you plan to get the REAL ID or ENHANSED ID, fill out the paper work on line.  This will drag you through the process and you can pick the documents you need and have available.  When complete, you can print a document to bring with you.  My son and I did this last Friday.  There were about 10 people in line (actually no line, just numbers) and three people working the desk.  It took about 20 minutes per person and about an hour we were out of there.  Of course, that doesn't mean we will get the license but it's a good start.  Cost me $47.00.  $15.00 extra for Enhanced license.  I though it's worth it in case I go to Canada (too see the prince) or cruse someplace down south. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Huh! Mine was $45 total, deadeye. I just put my birth certificate, soc sec card, 2 utility bills,  house insurance statement, and my pic ID's from the LEC and CC permit in an envelope, and gave them to the lady.
Actually didn't need the CC carry permit or LEC pics for ID...took me less than 10 mns. Just have it all together, and in order, and it shouldn't be a problem. Just no copies; has to be all original. Easy peasy. Same way I toss those tax ID thing, IRA year statements, charity giving receipts, in a big manila envelope as they come along over the year, along with the city and real estate taxes. When Tax day (next Tuesday for me) is due, grab the envelope and away ya go. No hunting or scrabbling around for anything.
« Last Edit: January 01/30/20, 05:23:09 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Couple things factor into the Driver's license price.  First is are you getting a duplicate license. You can do this when you change to Real ID and it's cheaper but you keep your same renewal date so check that so you don't have to go back in a year or so.  You can Renew your license (costs more) but it's now good for 4 more years.  Second is endorsements.  Third is do you want the "Real ID, or "Enhanced ID".  The Enhanced costs more.  And, lastly, they just figured I was good for a few more bucks.   :rotflmao:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Anyone hooked on Mad Men? I 've seen every season and episode, but I'm watching all the reruns every nite. Best drama show on TV....and Don's wife, Megan..... :wowza:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Anyone hooked on Mad Men? I 've seen every season and episode, but I'm watching all the reruns every nite. Best drama show on TV....and Don's wife, Megan..... :wowza:

Watched them all.  Breaking Bad was better but Mad Men was good.   Also watched all 98 episodes of Sons of Anarchy, great while on treadmill or elliptical.     Couldn't get into the wire, but might try again.  Likewise Sopranos.    Orange is new black was just dumb.   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Perhaps you just didn't understand the dog-eat-dog world of high end advertising.

Soprano's was #1 in my book. Gave me lotsa ideas.  ;)

68 Whiskey is pretty good. Been streaming that.

« Last Edit: January 01/31/20, 07:56:24 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Another uptick in crime here.....here's yer sign!!!    :bonk:

https://www.kaaltv.com/index.shtml

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I'm gonna be real pissed if it was a bottle of Boodles!  :angry:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Lookin' at those ears, reminds me of a kid I went to school with, that had Dumbo ears. We called him "wingnut".  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
If this wasn't on the front page of local paper, I wouldn't believe it...it runs into a full page of outrage on what the city is doing. I say it's insanity....but how do you stop it???!! This, after the city council just doubled their own salaries to $58,000 a year for one nite a week...

I GOTTA get OUTTA here!  Makes me wanna move up north more than anything!!!!       
🏃‍♂️

Revised North Broadway assessments stun nursing home

Randy Petersen rpetersen@postbulletin.com
Feb 1, 2020

Twenty-one of 120 parcels subject to assessment for the planned reconstruction of North Broadway Avenue are seeing huge increases to their expected tax contributions.  Samaritan Bethany’s nursing home complex, west of Broadway at 24 Eighth St. NW, is seeing the biggest jump, from $28,303 proposed in April 2019  to $218,972 using a revised formula based on estimated benefits to property values.“It seems a little excessive,” said Susan Knutson, Samaritan Bethany mission leader and CEO.In a letter to the city, Knutson said Samaritan Bethany is appealing the assessment to district court “unless we are able to reach an agreement with the city as to the amount of any proposed assessment resulting from the North Broadway project.”

« Last Edit: February 02/01/20, 03:10:14 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
No different than what the city did to the trusting folk of golden hill 30 years ago.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's only one area, Del.....this is all over the entire city. Not happy my taxes jumped 31.5% in 2 years...that's insane.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
That's only one area, Del.....this is all over the entire city. Not happy my taxes jumped 31.5% in 2 years...that's insane.

Just think how much more you woll get when you sell and move to Togo.

North Broadway is only one area, and Samaria Beth any has lawyers unlike the folks of Golden Hill, who trusted the city.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ayup. Ho hum.  Doesn't matter,  just have another seks-on-the- beatch cocktail.... enjoy.   :tequila;
« Last Edit: February 02/01/20, 05:19:19 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Ayup. Ho hum.  Doesn't matter,  just have another seks-on-the- beatch cocktail.... enjoy.   :tequila;

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Wonder if Diego Delmar saw his shadow today.... :scratch:
« Last Edit: February 02/02/20, 08:04:19 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
we got 6 more weeks of winter wether he says so or not!!!!!!! :nerd: :nerd: :rotflmao:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

Not yet, but it is looking pretty likely here.   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
we got 6 more weeks of winter wether he says so or not!!!!!!! :nerd: :nerd: :rotflmao:

Well, the skwirrels sure are running rampant all over today.....saw a line of 5 of 'em running along their fence-top highway. Expect to maybe hear some 'peckers hammering on the trees any time now. Crows sure are caw cawing away.
« Last Edit: February 02/02/20, 09:39:46 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
We've had a few of those over the years we've done Lion's pancake feeds for. Irritates me to no end especially when I look around the property at some of the messes I could be working on but instead gave my free time to help someone I was led to believe was in trouble. The last one wanted a check before we'd even started cleaning the grills up! I've warned the club if this happens again I'm done. We've got enough leeches on society being supported with our taxes because some do-gooders decided they needed $$$ in order to get re-elected. Hungry? Go to the food shelf. Need medical help & can't afford insurance? Obama covered yer @ss there and we're all paying for that. Be damned if they're gonna get my free time too!  :angry2: 
« Last Edit: February 02/04/20, 12:16:46 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well said Dotch!!!  I too have seen that and piss's me off to no end...  blood suckers!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey Reb.... Better get down to Bethel Lutheran tonight.
https://dmc.mn/event/rapid-transit-open-house-evening-option/

Description from the DMC website:

New Rapid Transit for a Growing, Equitable Rochester
The City of Rochester and Destination Medical Center are exploring economic development opportunities, transit-supportive land uses, public realm improvement options and infrastructure linked to a planned Rochester Rapid Transit system.

The proposed Rochester Rapid Transit corridor is 2nd Street SW and South Broadway Avenue. This has the potential to add mobility options for residents, employees and businesses, guide future growth and development in a smart way, and enhance well-being.
This open house is the beginning of a process to make decisions about the corridor, which includes the transit station, while anticipating future rapid transit. The open houses will also feature information on Rochester’s other multi-modal transit opportunities, including scooters, bikes, Rochester Public Transit, Arrive Rochester and carshare programs.

Please come to learn more and provide your input.

The next set of open houses will be held on April 7, 2020 and will focus on the station area plans.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
No need to. I was put on the DMC Trans committee by the mayor, remember? Would you like a copy of our meeting minutes?.  Hmmmm?   Lots more info in those. O wait; ethics apply. Can't do that. Sorry, Charlie. You'll have to go to the church meeting. I WILL tell you the new bicycle areas in certain areas were totally opposed by the committee members for certain safety reasons at a certain meeting the other nite......  :whistling:
« Last Edit: February 02/04/20, 02:15:46 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: February 02/04/20, 02:01:15 PM by Rebel SS »