Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What next?!  (Read 242380 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Well, whaddya expect when ya hand every kid an "I particpated!" trophy and tell them losing is just fine, you should be proud you played!" Wusscakes!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep nuttin above and beyond for these people,  pretty sad when the company puts out a monthly attendance bonus, but only us veterans qualify for it.  :crazy:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

After nearly a century, Land O'Lakes removing Native American maiden from its packaging

ARDEN HILLS, Minn. — Land O’Lakes is quietly changing its look, and the Native American maiden that has been kneeling on the Minnesota company's butter and dairy packaging for nearly a century is disappearing.

Land O’Lakes President and CEO Beth Ford said in a news release that the company is repackaging its products as the company “looks toward our 100th anniversary.” The company plans to add images of their farmer-owners “whose milk is used to produce Land O’Lakes products,” Ford said.

“As a farmer-owned co-op, we strongly feel the need to better connect the men and women who grow our food with those who consume it,” Ford said. “Our farmer-to-fork structure gives us a unique ability to bridge this divide."

A reporter contacted Land O’Lakes for additional comment, and spokesperson Natalie Long said the packaging shift is meant to focus on the farmers behind the company's butter, and other products. It is unclear if the Native maiden image will disappear completely at this time.

Land O’Lakes was founded by a group of Minnesota dairy farmers in 1921, and the new packaging, which is already starting to show up in grocery stores, will be added to tub butter spreads, food service products, deli cheese and in the spring and summer on stick butter packages, said the news release issued Feb. 6.

The Native American maiden, named Mia, first appeared on Land O’Lakes packaging in 1928, seven years after the Minnesota Cooperative Creameries Association was founded by 320 farmers in St. Paul. Arthur C. Hanson, who was the first illustrator for the ad firm Brown and Bigelow, came up with the original design evoking rural Minnesota with a blue lake, green pine trees and a Native woman in a buckskin dress and feather headdress.

Since then, the packaging changed twice, once in 1939 and a second time in the 1950s when Patrick DesJarlait, an Ojibwe artist, was hired to revamp the depiction, according to a student-run blog of Villanova University’s History Graduate Program.

Native people have called the imagery racist, and that it goes “hand-in-hand with with human and sex trafficking of our women and girls.… by depicting Native women as sex objects,” according to Rep. Ruth Buffalo, D-Fargo, who is a registered member of the Mandan, Hidatsa Arikara Nation, and is from Fort Berthold Reservation.

“Yes, it’s a good thing for the company to remove the image. It’s kinda like with land acknowledgements, it’s a good gesture and a step forward. But we can’t stop there. We as a whole need to keep pushing forward to address the underlying issues that directly impact an entire population that survived genocide,” Buffalo said.

Attempts to contact members of the Ojibwe nation for additional comment were unsuccessful.
« Last Edit: April 04/16/20, 06:28:48 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Gas is down to $1.19  here...!  :shocked:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
“As a farmer-owned co-op, we strongly feel the need to better connect the men and women who grow our food with those who consume it,” Ford said. “Our farmer-to-fork structure gives us a unique ability to bridge this divide."

From Land-O-Lakes that makes as much sense as Ford dumping the oval because they don't like Blue.

All this non-needed PC crap gives me a headache.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I'm with ya Dutch boy!! :happy1: I helped fix the dairy tanks up in browerville that had the native lady painted on the vessel. :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, they best change the seal of the great state of Minnysoda then..............that ain't no WASP ridin' that pony across the field....
« Last Edit: April 04/18/20, 03:44:04 PM by Rebel SS »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I'm with ya Dutch boy!! :happy1: I helped fix the dairy tanks up in browerville that had the native lady painted on the vessel. :happy1:

Glenn's just gonna miss the folded up butter box trick... :whistling:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, that whacko...he used 4 knees on his box..... :rotflmao:  :rotflmao:

I actually grabbed one of the last ones of those the other day to add to my kitchen stuff collectibles.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Glenn's just gonna miss the folded up butter box trick... :whistling:
:confused: :mooning: Yea so  :evil: I always buy LOL's stuff. I built plenty of there stainless vessels  :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
They're coming outta the woodwork lately. Saw the cops had a guy spread-eagle on the ground at Kwik-trip this am when I pulled in, and a gun was laying on the ground not far away from him....I imagine a BB gun replica. Looked like it.  :bonk:

Then this last nite, heard  all the cop cars and fire trucks racing by. I gotta find that quiet spot in the woods soon....... :rolleyes:

https://www.kaaltv.com/rochester-minnesota-news/rochester-man-arrested-threatened-to-blow-up-gas-station/5706844/?cat=10151
« Last Edit: April 04/21/20, 12:08:04 PM by Rebel SS »

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
It was nice of the young man to smile for his mug shot.   :censored:

What is this world coming to.  :angry:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Bet he'da also been smart enough to pop the spoon on a grenade and holler "I'm gonna blow ya'll up!!"   :bonk:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Whoa!  :shocked:

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc. agreed Tuesday to pay a record $25 million fine to resolve criminal charges that it served tainted food that sickened more than 1,100 people in the U.S. from 2015 to 2018, federal prosecutors said.

The fast food company was charged in Los Angeles federal court with two counts of violating the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act by serving adulterated food that in some instances caused outbreaks of norovirus, which causes diarrhea, vomiting and abdominal cramps, at restaurants. The virus is spread easily by people mishandling food.

The company admitted that poor safety practices, such as not keeping food at proper temperatures to prevent pathogen growth, sickened customers in Los Angeles and nearby Simi Valley, as well as Boston, Sterling, Virginia and Powell, Ohio.

The Newport Beach, California-based company will avoid conviction by instituting a better food safety program.

Federal prosecutors said the fine was the largest fine in a food safety case.

"Chipotle failed to ensure that its employees both understood and complied with its food safety protocols, resulting in hundreds of customers across the country getting sick," U.S. Attorney Nick Hanna said in a statement. "Today's steep penalty, coupled with the tens of millions of dollars Chipotle already has spent to upgrade its food safety program since 2015, should result in greater protections for Chipotle customers and remind others in the industry to review and improve their own health and safety practices."

Outbreaks of norovirus began in August 2015 when 234 consumers and employees at a Chipotle in Simi Valley became ill. An employee who vomited was sent home, but the illness was not reported internally, as required, and food safety procedures weren't implemented until two days later after multiple customers reported becoming ill.

Over the course of nine days in December 2015, 141 people reported norovirus type illnesses after visiting a Chipotle restaurant in Boston. Prosecutors said that outbreak was likely caused after an employee was ordered to continue working after vomiting in the restaurant.

A catering order from the establishment two days later sickened members of the Boston College basketball team.

In July 2018, nearly 650 people were sickened after dining at a Chipotle restaurant in Powell, Ohio. That outbreak was tied to bacteria that proliferates when food is not kept at proper temperatures.

« Last Edit: April 04/21/20, 03:19:12 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I won't be eating there. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Is there even one close to us Barry? Can't say I have ever eating there before, so I won't be missing anything.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't know if I have ever seen one so easy for me to say I won't be eating there... 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I've grabbed a bite to eat at Chipolte's before and liked it. fortunetley it wasn't in the towns listed. pretty sure they'll clean up there act when it hits there checkbook like that. the places I've been in looked up to speed.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Unlike most fast food places Chipotle prepared food on site.   If nobody was there taking care of business, standards of food safety slipped.   

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The youngest niece is up in Del's & Reb's neighborhood & when Sis/BIL would go see her they'd eat at the 1 there just off 52. Liked it enough & ate there enough that I got her a gift card at Christmas 1 year. Don't think they ever got sick eatin there. :scratch:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I know I'll eat there again. Ya can't assume Evey place had those issues. Hell half the stuff you eat has something in it less than desirable.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I saw that too.  They got the guys I think 2 - 15 year olds and a 14 year old.  Now they want to find the lady to help her or whatever.  I hope they find her.  Take the little scumbags out back.....

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I saw that too.  They got the guys I think 2 - 15 year olds and a 14 year old.  Now they want to find the lady to help her or whatever.  I hope they find her.  Take the little scumbags out back.....

And give them a stern talking to.   After all they are just Yooots,

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Yep we gotta some wannabe thugs kicking a women and two white guys shooting down a kid.

The most amazing thing to me is those two items were even squeezed into the news cycle with the doom & gloom virus coverage.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep we gotta some wannabe thugs kicking a women and two white guys shooting down a kid.

The most amazing thing to me is those two items were even squeezed into the news cycle with the doom & gloom virus coverage.

If you are talking about Georgia, that wasn't a kid but they did shoot him down after playing cop and vigilante.   
You missed the shooting in St Paul after a fender bender.   That one still seems strange...