Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What next?!  (Read 242398 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
anyone read the article in the star tribune by Dennis Anderson......................... damn politicians want to raid the ENRTF, OR environment and natural resources trust fund to fund stuff its not intended too!!!!!!! :crazy: :crazy: training-087 training-087 :banghead: :taz: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I did not read the article. However, ever since the voters got the amendment passed years ago St. Paul has been trying to get their hands on that money. Fortunately wording in the amendment makes that very difficult.  It embarrasses me to see what happens to these people the minute they get elected, they need to spend every single dime they see. During election season they seem like relatively smart people who might actually have some concerns for humanity. Elect them and they turn into Ali Babba and the Forty Thieves. Well except for Walz, we knew exactly what we were getting with him. He will spend us into oblivion.

Sad to think that the virus actually saved us. Prior to the outbreak they were fighting over how to spend that huge tax surplus. (remember, it was a PROJECTED SURPLUS not actual money in hand) Turns out with the virus it is now forecast to be about $1.4 billion short. So had they spent it we would be $1.4 billion behind the 8 ball in addition to the couple billion the virus will cost us in the state. And that doesn't take into account the millions & billions more Walz will try and push through on programs he will link to the virus.

Yes the virus will turn out to be our friend here in Minnesota.  :pouty:
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I did read the article, an it's a little more complicated than it first appears.    The issue is helping small towns upgrade their sewage treatment facilities, and the money is from the portion of the state lottery proceeds dedicated to environment.   The small towns that are slowly fading away don't have the money to do it.   

No mention of the Lessard money from the sales tax, which is a different bucket.     This money is from one portion of the lottery.    Since I don't buy those lottery tickets, I really have no standing to comment about it.   

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I did read the article, an it's a little more complicated than it first appears.    The issue is helping small towns upgrade their sewage treatment facilities, and the money is from the portion of the state lottery proceeds dedicated to environment.   The small towns that are slowly fading away don't have the money to do it.   

No mention of the Lessard money from the sales tax, which is a different bucket.     This money is from one portion of the lottery.    Since I don't buy those lottery tickets, I really have no standing to comment about it.   

Ok, my bad. As I said I didn't read the article. I just assumed (incorrectly) that it was the Lessard money they were after again. Lottery money? I couldn't care less I guess.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
As understood the article, that fund was voted and approved by voters for the environment, and yes the arts etc. Since that's been in place, I guess my point was the politicians are always trying to get there grubby hands on those funds for things it's not intended. Yes some of it is earmarked for waste water but they want to use it for covid. My take anyway. :scratch:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I see the latest scam is crooks breaking locks off of wind turbine doors and ripping the copper cables out, making them just a big pole with a propellar..... :doah:  Three of 'em hit around here and in Mower county.

https://kttc.com/2021/09/01/copper-theft-from-wind-turbines-causes-thousands-of-dollars-in-damage/
« Last Edit: September 09/01/21, 04:43:31 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
I see the latest scam is crooks breaking locks off of wind turbine doors and ripping the copper cables out, making them just a big pole with a propellar..... :doah:  Three of 'em hit around here and in Mower county.

https://kttc.com/2021/09/01/copper-theft-from-wind-turbines-causes-thousands-of-dollars-in-damage/
Dang, what crack will make you do. There is a few reports of finding these idiot's stealing wire fried like a spud in the morning!  :bonk: :bonk:
« Last Edit: September 09/01/21, 04:57:37 PM by Leech~~ »
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe someone will get a video of one of 'em whirling round and round on one of the blades!!!  "Ride 'er out, Randy!!"   :shocked: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: September 09/01/21, 05:08:34 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hope they don't start on the list of Minnesota places with Indian names.... :doah:

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/squaw-valley-ski-resort-changes-name-trnd/index.html

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
heard on the radio news this morning that people are stealing power cords from campers and motorhomes of seasonal folks now...   :tut:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
There's been over 50 thefts of catalytic converters in town....righ off of cars in driveways, from dealership cars, fleet trucks...and schoolbuses. Yup, livin' in the big city sure is wunnerful.  Crazy bastids. :censored:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
There's been over 50 thefts of catalytic converters in town....righ off of cars in driveways, from dealership cars, fleet trucks...and schoolbuses. Yup, livin' in the big city sure is wunnerful.  Crazy bastids. :censored:

Yup catalytic converters have been a hot topic as of late in my area as well,my shop lost 11 one night last spring off new cargo vans,most often the thieves use a sawalls causing a complete exhaused redo,from front to rear...most often these thieves like the trucks and vans,easy access to the converter as cars sit to low to the ground these days,converters replacement cost around $1700 alone,cops tell me scape metal shops pay around $300 each for the platinum used in these converters,our shop has begun marking converters so scrape metal places are on alert.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Cops came up with a real bright idea here...along with a muffler shop, they were doing free "spray yer converter orange" paint jobs on 'em. Said it'll stop it from being stolen. Guess they never heard of wire wheel brushes.....duh... :bonk:

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

They need to band scrap yards from taking them other then from dealer service shops!   :mad1:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman

They need to band scrap yards from taking them other then from dealer service shops!   :mad1:
They should.  A fella at work had his chopped off his motor home, he had Midas fix it up and when he got back he bolted security mesh across the bottom side, that'll fix em. That can't be too quiet cutting exhaust pipe during the middle of the night..

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Some unbolt; others have to be sawed off. They hit a lot of the back lots where no one is around. In this town, anyway.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
This nutcake is free? She's rehabilitated and poses no threat?! Read the article, notice last couple lines"..."at home and now has two cats, Salem and Lilith".....
One named after witches, and the other after a demonic mythology figure?!
Ya, right, she's fine............she's cooked!  :censored:

https://www.kaaltv.com/news/slender-man-stabbing-victimrsquos-family-lsquonervousrsquo-about-release/6238297/?cat=10151

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I saw that on the news last night and couldn't believe it.  SO that is all the punishment she gets for murder???   Unreal!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Another biggy,wheels and tires,these chumps are so bold our company has 3-d camer's setup everywhere and they still come in to steal.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well at least they were nice enough to set it on blocks. :doofus: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Holy crap.....too bad the truck didn't fall on 'em.  :angry:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Agreed,when I worked in the hood along university ave/st paul the brothers just dropped the trucks on the ground...lol Our worst night theft wise was $30k in truck wheels/tires.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
 :doofus: :crazy: :angry2:. So sad.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
back in the old days many years ago when i was working at DCI i did some field service work. out in the big apple i seen a car stripped down overnight in about 6 hours!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Unreal that people don't have more respect for each other. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Lack of consequences. Get a slap on the wrist, back out on the streets. Wash, rinse. repeat. Need to clean house on our judicial system and get rid of these liberal judge terds constantly giving criminals a free pass.  :angry:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I can't believe here in the paper how many people have their sentences stayed instead of going to jail.  No room in the jails.  They are full.  That is a better life than some people have outside of jail. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I still favor the ditch digging/hard labor. Lotsa ditches and roads need clean up. Fresh air, lotsa water to drink and maybe even a car-wash Lucille.  :evil:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Today iffin you catch these trash in the act,good chance you'll get shot,call the cop's and the arrest turns into the ghetto loto.messed up world we live in today.