Minnesota Outdoorsman - Minnesota Fishing and Hunting Reports

Recent

Author Topic: What next?!  (Read 90108 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
  • Liked: 2465
  • Likes Given: 2092
Re: What next?!
« Reply #1530 on: May 15, 2020, 01:20:26 PM »
anyone read the article in the star tribune by Dennis Anderson......................... damn politicians want to raid the ENRTF, OR environment and natural resources trust fund to fund stuff its not intended too!!!!!!! :crazy: :crazy: training-087 training-087 :banghead: :taz: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dutchboy

• Outdoorsman
  • TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093. Don't be afraid to call
  • Liked: 51
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #1531 on: May 16, 2020, 07:16:37 AM »
I did not read the article. However, ever since the voters got the amendment passed years ago St. Paul has been trying to get their hands on that money. Fortunately wording in the amendment makes that very difficult.  It embarrasses me to see what happens to these people the minute they get elected, they need to spend every single dime they see. During election season they seem like relatively smart people who might actually have some concerns for humanity. Elect them and they turn into Ali Babba and the Forty Thieves. Well except for Walz, we knew exactly what we were getting with him. He will spend us into oblivion.

Sad to think that the virus actually saved us. Prior to the outbreak they were fighting over how to spend that huge tax surplus. (remember, it was a PROJECTED SURPLUS not actual money in hand) Turns out with the virus it is now forecast to be about $1.4 billion short. So had they spent it we would be $1.4 billion behind the 8 ball in addition to the couple billion the virus will cost us in the state. And that doesn't take into account the millions & billions more Walz will try and push through on programs he will link to the virus.

Yes the virus will turn out to be our friend here in Minnesota.  :pouty:
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093.  Don't be afraid to call

Online delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Liked: 525
  • Likes Given: 112
« Reply #1532 on: May 16, 2020, 07:46:18 AM »
I did read the article, an it's a little more complicated than it first appears.    The issue is helping small towns upgrade their sewage treatment facilities, and the money is from the portion of the state lottery proceeds dedicated to environment.   The small towns that are slowly fading away don't have the money to do it.   

No mention of the Lessard money from the sales tax, which is a different bucket.     This money is from one portion of the lottery.    Since I don't buy those lottery tickets, I really have no standing to comment about it.   

Offline dutchboy

• Outdoorsman
  • TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093. Don't be afraid to call
  • Liked: 51
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #1533 on: May 16, 2020, 08:08:36 AM »
I did read the article, an it's a little more complicated than it first appears.    The issue is helping small towns upgrade their sewage treatment facilities, and the money is from the portion of the state lottery proceeds dedicated to environment.   The small towns that are slowly fading away don't have the money to do it.   

No mention of the Lessard money from the sales tax, which is a different bucket.     This money is from one portion of the lottery.    Since I don't buy those lottery tickets, I really have no standing to comment about it.   

Ok, my bad. As I said I didn't read the article. I just assumed (incorrectly) that it was the Lessard money they were after again. Lottery money? I couldn't care less I guess.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093.  Don't be afraid to call

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
  • Liked: 2465
  • Likes Given: 2092
« Reply #1534 on: May 16, 2020, 09:18:48 AM »
As understood the article, that fund was voted and approved by voters for the environment, and yes the arts etc. Since that's been in place, I guess my point was the politicians are always trying to get there grubby hands on those funds for things it's not intended. Yes some of it is earmarked for waste water but they want to use it for covid. My take anyway. :scratch:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!