Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What next?!  (Read 242575 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Mayo gotta do something so they can afford to treat folks like me on Medicare, since Medicare reimbursements are dictated by the government and are ridiculously low in many cases.   And if Grey Beaver gets her thing going it will only get worse.   

There is a contest going on to attract wealthy private patients to various well known medical centers around the country.   Mayo is trying to get a pipeline established to strengthen their existing relationships to the rich folks over there.   

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Mayo gotta do something so they can afford to treat folks like me on Medicare, since Medicare reimbursements are dictated by the government and are ridiculously low in many cases.   And if Grey Beaver gets her thing going it will only get worse.   

There is a contest going on to attract wealthy private patients to various well known medical centers around the country.   Mayo is trying to get a pipeline established to strengthen their existing relationships to the rich folks over there.   

They've always been into it with them, way back in the 80's even. I guarded the Sheiks and princesses and whatever/whoever those dudes were, and did Mayo ever cowtow to them. Woulda made ya sick. They'd section an entire wing off and build a gigantic suite with everything, including gold faucets, gold gilded bathrooms, tubs, you name it... Benike, Frazier, and every construction and carpet crew in town going like crazy to get it down in a couple days. Furniture being hauled in, TV's, stereos, chandeliers, blah blah. And right across the building, people in the 4 bed wards because they couldn't even afford the double rooms...nothings changed with them, except to go to a grander scale.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman

Mayo and others say the Medicare rates are too low. Not a big surprise with all the greed in that industry.
Or maybe Health Care conglomerates like Mayo could quit owning sports teams and stick to Health Care.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!

Mayo and others say the Medicare rates are too low. Not a big surprise with all the greed in that industry.
Or maybe Health Care conglomerates like Mayo could quit owning sports teams and stick to Health Care.
I pretty much think the same thing of all these large corporations...…….stadiums named after them and gawd only know what else...……...in the long run us working stiffs are paying for this...…... :confused: :mad1: :confused:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

Own a sports team?   Which one?    They advertise with the Lynx if that is what you mean.   
Got a cite about the ownership?   

And have you ever looked at the medicare reimbursement rates?

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yer both wrong...Mayo sponsors the Lynx.....

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yer both wrong...Mayo sponsors the Lynx.....
they may sponsor the Lynx....but Glen Taylor owns them!!!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: along with the timber woofies…….

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Gee, I wish I was rich! I sponsored a milk crate soapbox derby entry once.....  :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: December 12/14/19, 01:43:13 PM by Rebel SS »

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
My bad. The same thing applies to sponsoring them though.  Misuse of resources.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
That Mayo bros mission was hammered into you. Compassion, healing the sick, no matter what the consequences. When you start there, (still doing it) you have a full 8 hr three day orientation on rules, etiquette, mission, etc. Some of that is a film on the Mayo bros, their book you are given and requited to read, and a film on the Sisters of St Francis who started St. Marys. Tidbit: there's no apostrophe in Marys, because that shows possession, and the Sisters are to be free of all worldly possessions. Fact. Told to me by Sr Generose, who I know very well after all these years.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
My bad. The same thing applies to sponsoring them though.  Misuse of resources.
totally agree. :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Me three.   

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I guess reusing them is cheaper... just run them through the dishwasher

https://www.medpagetoday.com/gastroenterology/generalgastroenterology/83888?xid=fb_o&trw=no&fbclid=IwAR2CXXcyVuTKiVVm49xCUiMcpBGpbzECccdEk1HbRJLxMvZGlgn9peeFg_M

WASHINGTON -- The FDA on Friday cleared a duodenoscope designed to be thrown away after a single use, which -- if gastroenterologists can afford it -- will eliminate problems associated with device sterility once and for all.

Boston Scientific's EXALT Model D is the first such device to be cleared for marketing, the FDA said. The question now is whether clinicians will find it economical to buy the new scopes instead of conventional ones that can be reused many times, albeit with costs for reprocessing and the now infamous risks of infection.

It's the latest step in the FDA's push to improve safety of so-called endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography or ERCP procedures. These require duodenoscopes with elevator mechanisms at the tip, which inevitably have hinges and crevices where pathogens can hide. Obtaining complete sterility in reprocessing 100% of the time has thus far proved impossible. Yet traditional devices were considered too expensive to throw away after one use.

The post-reprocessing sterility problem drew major attention in 2015 when an outbreak of abdominal "superbug" infections was traced to contaminated duodenoscopes. Manufacturers beefed up instructions on proper procedures and the FDA issued multiple notices urging users to follow them. Yet in a December 2018 report, the agency said it was still finding "up to 3% of properly collected samples testing positive for high concern organisms."

When it became clear that protocols alone wouldn't solve the problem, the FDA asked manufacturers to develop devices with single-use parts. In 2017, it approved a Pentax device with a disposable end cap, followed later by others; then last month it approved another Pentax product with a throwaway elevator mechanism.

In Boston Scientific's own announcement of the Friday clearance, the company said it ran clinical tests to confirm that the single-use device performed for ERCP as well as standard duodenoscopes. It also promised a "limited market release" early in 2020.

However, the statement said nothing about how the EXALT Model D compares to multiple-use duodenoscopes in terms of cost. In response to an inquiry from MedPage Today, a Boston Scientific spokesperson said, “At the moment, pricing and purchasing programs are still being developed and will be finalized prior to full commercial launch; we intend to price the single-use device to appropriately reflect the value it brings to physicians and the healthcare system.”
« Last Edit: December 12/14/19, 02:47:08 PM by delcecchi »

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I would be shocked if I found out we aren't technically advanced enough to properly clean and sterilize medical instruments.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup. Best stay away from those Kaepernoscopy's.  :rotflmao:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I would be shocked if I found out we aren't technically advanced enough to properly clean and sterilize medical instruments.

I guess you must be shocked then...

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I eat off the plates Ruby cleans off after running them thru the dishwasher... :coffee:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I eat off the plates Ruby cleans off after running them thru the dishwasher... :coffee:

Hmmm, you might want to review and revise the order of your remarks... Ruby cleans  them off after running them through the dishwasher?   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, he works that poor dog to a nub.  :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hey she's a talented dog! Let's see I eat off the plates, Ruby cleans them off & I put them in the dishwasher, I run the effing dishwasher & the process repeats itself. Clear now?:tongue:
« Last Edit: December 12/14/19, 04:45:03 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I always did an SPW (Scruffy's Pre Wash) before they went in the dishwasher. The secret to sparkling clean plates. 🐶

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey she's a talented dog! Let's see I eat off the plates, Ruby cleans them off & I put them in the dishwasher, I run the effing dishwasher & the process repeats itself. Clear now?:tongue:

Yep.  previous was a little ambiguous. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I forget you engineer types like everything in bullet points... :rotflmao:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman

Yep.  previous was a little ambiguous.
Not for someone who understands sentence structure. In this case I is the subject.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Go back to the original if you are going to comment.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman