Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What next?!  (Read 242312 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
yea i seen that .......................whatever its a foregone conclusion...........its gonna happen. the duluth shop i have works heavily in the mining industry........... i just got some good info!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
It sure feels like a last gasp attempt to stop it.

The Army Corps of Engineers broke federal law in issuing the permit?   :confused:

Maybe, but I doubt it.  Isn't that what they are supposed to do; conduct studies and issue permits?

I wonder what federal law they broke.

If that fails, they'll probably go after them claiming that someone's civil rights were violated.  That is usually a good catch all law.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Ya, Glenn should bring a lawsuit. Non-inclusive smurf.    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
After this speech was made by this gentleman, Omar cried to the news shes "sick of Muslims be treated badly"....on today, September 11, of all days.
C'mon down here beatch, and I'm sure some would be more than happy to show ya what treated badly is. Ya don't like it here, get the h*** out!!!! Lotsa airports here!!!!!

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/mourners-use-reading-9-11-victims-names-criticize-rep-omar-n1052391
« Last Edit: September 09/11/19, 02:43:39 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Gun legislation would've really helped to keep those box cutters off the planes, now wouldn't it?  :rolleyes: And, I suppose to make people happy since the squad consists of "women of color", the guy could've mentioned Dizzy Lizzy. Oh wait, she's part Indian. :doah: Idiots come in all colors, shapes and sizes.  :angry:
« Last Edit: September 09/11/19, 03:02:02 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Gun legislation would've really helped on keep those box cutters off the planes, now wouldn't it?  :rolleyes: And, I suppose to make people happy since the squad consists of "women of color", the guy could've mentioned Dizzy Lizzy. Oh wait, she's part Indian. :doah: Idiots come in all colors, shapes and sizes.  :angry:
you forgot crazy sheep farmers!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Sorry, it's Rebs fault. :cold: :nerd: :nerd:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Gun legislation would've really helped on keep those box cutters off the planes, now wouldn't it?  :rolleyes: And, I suppose to make people happy since the squad consists of "women of color", the guy could've mentioned Dizzy Lizzy. Oh wait, she's part Indian. :doah: Idiots come in all colors, shapes and sizes.  :angry:

Speaking of idiots, I love the line from Twains Huck Finn, where huck is talking about bee's, and says:
“Jim said that bees won't sting idiots, but I didn't believe that, because I tried them lots of times myself and they wouldn't sting me.”   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
you forgot crazy sheep farmers!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Sorry, it's Rebs fault. :cold: :nerd: :nerd:

:taz: :taz: :pouty: :pouty:

Ah, but I remembered union thugs!  :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
minneapolis makes international news.   UK paper....
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7456963/Videos-shows-gang-beat-stomp-ride-man-bike.html

Da Youts strike again...

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Them a-holes could use a good beating. :angry2: :angry2:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
MAYO needs one too...... training-087

Word is (reliable realty source) the prime location the SA is at downtown is wanted by MAYO, like all the other downtown property, sooooo.....they had their lease terminated. That's fact...note it even says sublease was terminated. I've been saying for years they'd buy up all of downtown, and they have most of it now. Too bad they only want high-end and rich people in the town. Six luxury hotels built? Skyrocketing taxes and properties?   "Want 'em out? Push 'em out"....
Figure it out. Isn't too hard, if ya keep yer eyes and ears open.

https://www.kaaltv.com/news/rochester-minnesota-salvation-army-closing/5490920/?cat=10151
« Last Edit: September 09/13/19, 03:56:30 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I see Albert Lea got a Medical Group from Iowa that is going to come up and operate a hospital/clinic there.  Good for them.  They are pretty upset about Mayo pulling out of there.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
They did it in Lake City, and two other places, too. Left 'em high and dry. Lake City was pretty ballistic over it. I know more than a few folks that live there.
« Last Edit: September 09/13/19, 04:11:22 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
They are all about money it seems. 

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
With the upcoming single payer and medicare for all, and the expected increase in medicare patients even without single payer and medicare for all I can't blame them.  Medicare pays amazingly less, like I couldn't believe it, than sticker price for various stuff.  And the payment is a cram down since the provider is prohibited from billing any more than what medicare pays.   

So if I have a chest x-ray, medicare pays like 15 bucks instead of the sticker price of 100, or something like that.   

The providers can't stay in business with what medicare pays so they are all fighting for the cash paying, or private insurance paying folks especially the rich ones or foreign ones paying cash out of pocket.   

Luxury Hotels and DMC amenities are all part of the package to attract those sorts of people.   Mayo has to do what it has to do.    I don't blame Mayo, I blame the feds.   And CMS. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Mayo's overcharged people for years compared to similar institutions for a given procedure. Why is med care in SE Mn so much more? Many insurance tables show that.
« Last Edit: September 09/13/19, 07:15:07 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I have no idea but I presume it has to do with susidizing research and hard cases.  Then it is up to the bean counters.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I see Albert Lea got a Medical Group from Iowa that is going to come up and operate a hospital/clinic there.  Good for them.  They are pretty upset about Mayo pulling out of there.

Yes they are upset about it Barry. They modernized the hospital in Albert's Leaf and built new facilities prior to Mayo taking it over. Then in a matter of a few years Mayo pisses on their leg, shuts a large part of it down and/or moves it elsewhere. They've also closed the door on many local clinics. Luckily Bugtussle hasn't been one of them altho the feeling locally is it's a matter of time and Mayo will $hit on us too.

Welcome the competition. Now it'll be interesting to see if the insurance companies pick up on it and can save us some $. Obamacare only made matters worse. Obama, Reid & Pelosi should all be tarred and feathered.  :angry2: 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Funny I don't see Humpty trumpdy coming up with something better??? Everybody pisses and moans about it but can't come up with a better plan. I'd be all over it.

How's the gin tasting Dotch?? :sleazy:
« Last Edit: September 09/13/19, 09:49:34 PM by glenn57 »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Well I haven't had enough gin to know yet ya little blue union thug!  :tongue: I can't blame anyone for the mess we have right now other than "The Three Stooges" mentioned previously. It's such a clusterf__k after they got done messing with it that god almighty himself can't straighten it out. Trying to change anything with the Dimocrats in charge of the House makes it nearly impossible right now, especially in light of some of the clowns they've elected. AOC? Ilhan Omar? Add in Dizzy Lizzy & Bernie over in the senate. They all wanna break the bank with Medicare for All! It will DOUBLE our taxes to pay for it. Try getting the Entitlement Generation to pay for that. If it happens, don't be shocked when they propose taxing your union dues at a higher rate to help pay for all these illegals' healthcare so they can buy their votes too! They outnumber union members anyway. Plus, union members are rank and file Dimocrats so they won't mind, right? Kinda like Gov. Timmy & the MN Dimocrats supporting the mining venture in northern MN. People don't need jobs. We'll just keep giving them welfare!   :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Really false statement about union members are tank and file Dems. Within this Union anyway. That war on mining affects our lively hood.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
That's the assumption by the dimocrats I know tho glenn that unions are in their back pockets. Some big union towns like Albert Lea and Austin close by and lots of people from around here work there so I get a pretty good sample size. The two go hand in hand here.

Like you, I too am appalled that this dink of a governor continues to throw up roadblocks to keep people from having mining jobs. His farting around with the pipeline across northern MN is another example of how two faced he is. I saw him at the State Fair while I was in the Sheep Barn. He was doing a photo op and glad handing like he was agriculture's buddy. A lot of grumbling among the exhibitors to get him out of there before they threw him out. If I'd had a little more time I would've gone next door to the Poultry Barn quick to see if I could find some eggs to toss at the clown! As I've said before, there was a reason we were ready to be done with this jerk as our rep in dist.1. Now the rest of the state gets to feel our pain.  :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
So does this clean energy crap. Our field construction works the coal fired power plants. Seems noone has ever heard of clean coal it carbon capture. If CCE as it's called. Xcrk is the worst. :confused:

And these nimwits that push this green green agenda gas no clue what materials go into the solar panels or wind towers! :crazy: :crazy: :doofus:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
They oughtta outlaw those ugly, noisy, light- flickering %$#@ pinwheels, IMO.
« Last Edit: September 09/14/19, 01:19:14 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I hear ya glenn. This notion that somehow clean energy has to conform to one set of standards is hogwash. In this area, first we had this windmill invasion that thankfully seems to have slowed. Ugly, noisy, cut up fields and noted for killing their share of birds.Those whose building sites happen to get in the shadow of those turning blades for part of the day say it about drives them nuts.

In their place tho have come all these solar farms that while less of an eyesore still raise questions about their economic viability and practicality, not to mention as you point out, what they're made of and what their waste products might be. If what I've heard is correct and a lot of the manufacturing is being done in China where that kind of thing has less scrutiny, it becomes out of sight & out of mind. I did have to laugh after one of the numerous windstorms this summer when they were picking solar panels and pieces of them out of the trees. Something else that appears to be an issue is weed/vegetation control. Some of the nicest giant ragweed patches on the planet were growing inside some of those enclosures. I told a friend of mine I should apply for a tree hugger grant to supply these solar sites with sheep to keep the weeds down, making it a "green", chemical free solution to the problem. He said it was stupid enough that they'd probably buy it hook, line and sinker!  :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :doah:  The horses knew.......

https://youtu.be/sQJIsiORkXc

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
WOW!!   Ya they knew something wasn't right.  There goes a million bucks.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Not to mention in 30 years when then solar panels are toast it's considered a hazardous waste.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Dotch, you guys are probably close enough to Cities to keep Mayo on good behavior.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
what a world we have created...........  and it's all ours too.... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!