Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What next?!  (Read 242409 times)

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
What really stupid is about a month or 2 ago. The city went around and changed all the street signs from Calhoun pkwy to Bade what ever. Don’t you think they could of waited until the decision was made before possible wasting tax payers dollars.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that would be too easy!!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yup & by going ahead and changing all the signs, they probably think it's that much easier to implement their political correctness. Money's already spent on the signs so...  :angry: Can see thru their BS like a cheap blouse.  :bs:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
They can do that, but try to get them to put a stop sign at a dangerous intersection.......

Maybe if it was in a native language other than English.... :scratch:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Some TV stations and cities are actually banning "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving" because they said it's racist.......Franklin is sitting by himself...way to go, Chuck!  :rotflmao: 
But then, so is Marcie, as I see it.....and get that dog down from the table!!!

« Last Edit: November 11/17/19, 03:40:24 PM by Rebel SS »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: November 11/17/19, 05:41:08 PM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :crazy: :crazy: :doofus: :angry2: people need to get a friggin life for gawds sake. :bonk: :bonk:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
What about Pigpen? That's not PC!! He's just cleanliness challenged! And what's Linus always doing with that blanket? And in that pumpkin patch? You know what he was planning to do with Sally....   :tut:
« Last Edit: November 11/17/19, 06:24:06 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
And they wonder why people don't shop here much anymore...I'd recommend ya go elsewhere if yer down this way..... Money, money, money. :doah:

Parking rates set to rise again

Council OKs parking rate increase

It will cost more to park in Rochester city ramps and at parking meters next year. The new rates, which also include increases for contract parking, are expected to take effect Jan. 1.

Mike Barry says the 34 percent increase for parking downtown is hard to swallow.

“They believe that’s reasonable,” he said of the city’s five-year rate plan. "It's far cheaper to park in Minneapolis and St. Paul then down here".

People holding parking contracts in the city’s six public parking ramps recently received notice that their monthly bills will increase next year.

For people holding non-commercial parking permits, like Barry, the cost will jump from $125 a month to $168.

That’s following a $20 increase last year.

“This is on the heels of several years of annual increases that were also above the inflation rate,” he said.

Barry doesn’t live downtown, but he and his wife, Mary, contracted for space in the Third Street ramp approximately eight years ago because she works at Mayo Clinic and doesn’t expect to have employee parking privileges in the near future. At the time, he recalls, he paid $90 a month.

Last year, the Rochester City Council approved a schedule of annual contract price increases that will march that rate up to $288 a month by 2023.

The increased contract parking rates, as well as other parking-related fees, were approved to cover anticipated costs of maintaining public parking, as well as providing resources for additional parking options.

“Because municipal parking operates as an enterprise fund, the parking revenues must pay for parking operations, improvements and expansion,” said Nick Lemmer, the marketing and outreach coordinator for Rochester Public Transit and Parking.

He noted the costs were determined after rate study conducted by Walker Consultants under a $35,000 contract. The consultants worked with the city’s finance department and Lanier Parking, which holds the contract to operate the city-owned ramps.

“Financial policy dictates that the enterprise fund must remain solvent,” Lemmer added. “The rate increases adopted by the council were necessary to keep the fund balanced.”

Lemmer said the rate increases also will bring the monthly contract price in Rochester more in line with rates charged in other municipalities.

“Best practices say that monthly parkers get about a 20 percent discount from the equivalent daily rate,” he said, noting monthly parkers in Rochester have been receiving a 50 percent to 60 percent discount in recent years and the 2020 rates reflect a 45 percent discount on the equivalent daily rate.

The rate increases also come at a time when city officials, as well as Destination Medical Center Economic Development Agency representatives, are trying to encourage more commuters to use other transportation options -- such as bike, bus or on foot -- to get to work downtown.

Mayo Clinic recently announced it will increase commuter bus subsidies for employees in 2020 to help ease parking concerns, and it is working on plans for additional park-and-ride options.

The city has also been discussing adding to its public park-and-ride options.

Barry said his wife hasn’t considered the transit options, because they have a contract at the city ramp. He said he’s unsure whether the increased rates will cause them to make a change.

Following the last increase, the number of parking contracts is down slightly.

At the end of October in 2018, the city had contracts with 1,498 parkers. A year later, it had 1,465.

Barry said it appears to counter to the goal of paying for the facility, noting more contract parkers could keep ramps full.

“The 34 percent is ridiculous, and I think their rationale doesn’t make any sense,” he said, noting his payments have likely paid half of the $25,000, which has been estimated as the cost of building a downtown parking space. "This is no way to support people downtown".

Rochester increases cost of parking tickets

Starting Monday, a parking ticket will cost an extra $3. That means the cost of having an expired parking meter will climb from $17 to $20.
« Last Edit: November 11/19/19, 10:31:45 AM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
funny you post this.....article in the st cloud times also talking about jacking the prices on parking meters!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
$17-20 for an expired meter???!  Insane!!!!!!!     :angry2:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The only parking meter I've seen this town in the last 10-15 years was the 1 behind my buddies bar. Not even a meter or a ramp in Mason City that I know of. :happy1:
« Last Edit: November 11/19/19, 11:45:38 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :crazy: :crazy: ye I seen that on da web. Then don't eat the friggin thing ya douche bag. :angry2:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Ya, that about sums it up!   :crazy:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
bone head!!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey Reb, I think we need you to go Charles Bronson in downtown Rochester.   When women are getting threatened in parking ramp, and guys are getting robbed at knifepoint outside my church on Sunday afternoon... 

Do your civic duty,

https://www.kaaltv.com/news/rochester-mn-man-accused-of-slashing-tires/5556166/?cat=10151

Not sure what "used to have a relationship with him" means.... :crazy:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I know, I  saw that, and yer church...

...https://www.postbulletin.com/news/public_safety/police-search-for-downtown-robbery-suspect/article_15de9518-098c-11ea-a10e-d710fc22d8e4.html

Sorry, but I'm in the "hopeless for this town" mode. When ya bring in tons of unskilled foreign people just so you can spout "Look, we're diverse!", and they can't get a job, or find a place to live, because they've jacked up taxes and everything else so much, driven out anchor old time family owned businesses, what did they expect?!  Just wait a few more weeks until mid holiday time...you'll see the car break-ins, robbery's, holdups galore. Having lotsa burglaries in my area, and 3 years ago it was almost Mayberry over here.
I'm secure here. Have my alarms/lights/warning "devices" in place.... :whistling:
But, if someone wanted to pay me well.....I could become Paul Kersey. The "equipment's" just waiting.... :evil:
« Last Edit: November 11/19/19, 08:38:27 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Better lock up yer SS, Delmar....we have another "uptick".... :rolleyes:
  (officially Ch 6's favorite word)

https://www.kaaltv.com/news/olmsted-social-security-scam-/5558235/?cat=10151
« Last Edit: November 11/20/19, 11:22:05 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Had one of those show up on my cell phone the other day. Same kind of crap they were pulling with the IRS a few years ago. Same as the IRS, if the SSA starts writing me letters, then I pay attention. They're not gonna call you on the phone first. Since I've avoided arrest and am not in jail as the recording claimed I would be, I'd say I'm in the clear.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I've had three of those on my cell this year....I just gave 'em my "new number to call."
(Del's)   :rotflmao:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I've had three of those on my cell this year....I just gave 'em my "new number to call."
(Del's)   :rotflmao:

That's ok, I don't think I would notice a few extras.    I worry about the old lady down the block though.  She already got burned by the "GRAMMA I'm in jail and I need target gift cards to get out" scam.  to the tune of thousands of bucks.   If they catch any of those types, I'll help with the torches and gasoline.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Not possible. No crime in this town. City leaders say so. #1 city.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Not possible. No crime in this town. City leaders say so. #1 city.

It was over the phone...

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Phone in town. You in town.  Town has no crime. Here, there, anywhere.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Unreal.  What has our nation come to?

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
no subject is safe to talk about any more..  fight over any thing... 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman