Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What next?!  (Read 242415 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that is one heck of a record!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Todays goofs from my favorite station!  So....do they need to be bare to go in the pool?   :scratch:

KAAL-TV
 February 21, 2020 08:12 AM
ABC 6 News) - President Donald's Trump new international travel ban goes into effect today.

The president says it is necessary for the safety of the United States. Immigrants from countries including Myanmar, Nigeria, Sudan and Tanzania are now bared from entering the country.

The Trump administration claims these countries do a pool job of sharing terrorist, criminal or identity information with U.S. authorities and therefore immigration from these countries could be dangerous to U.S. citizens.

« Last Edit: February 02/21/20, 09:18:15 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
They want more diversity in the courtroom, even though it's already full of it.

It's becuz she was found incompetent, and sent to "treatment". Now since she's allegedly "competent", she goes back to court.  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: February 02/21/20, 10:03:33 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
... these countries do a pool job ...

I don't know... sounds like it might be fun in a place like France or Italy.  Just sayin'
 :sleazy:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Ayup................

https://www.kaaltv.com/rochester-minnesota-news/rochester-mn-farhiyo-abdullahi-going-back-to-court/5652189/?cat=10151

So they don't want to report WHY she is going back to court?

five counts of attempted first degree murder and 5 counts of child abuse or endangerment.   Can't have a trial of someone that is crazy so you have to get them un-crazy and then have the trial.   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm all for it.............. :happy1:

Springing ahead for good? Minnesota lawmakers consider a move to permanent daylight saving time

State Capitol

ST. PAUL — As Minnesotans prepare to spring forward for daylight saving time next week, lawmakers are taking up a proposal to keep Minnesota on that time zone for good.

Members of the Senate Committee on Local Government on Tuesday, Feb. 25, on a voice vote advanced a proposal to make Minnesota's official time zone advanced standard time. The move would put the state on permanent daylight saving time if the federal government approved the shift.

Sen. Mary Kiffmeyer, R-Big Lake, brought the bill and said it would help reduce health issues related to the twice-yearly change to move an hour forward in the spring and fall back an hour in the autumn.

"I think the public health and public safety issues that come with these one-hour changes in the fall, that seems to upset people more than anything," Kiffmeyer said. "And the only way we can get to having that consistent year-round time with the gentle movement that the sun gives us in the daylight and how that shifts is by adapting to daylight saving time when the federal government should pass that."

Democrats in the Minnesota House of Representatives have put forth a similar proposal. Leaders in both chambers of the divided government have said they're open to the change.

Kiffmeyer said she would also check with Minnesota's surrounding states to see whether they'd take up similar proposals. Iowa is weighing a similar plan and South Dakota's House of Representatives voted down a proposal to permanently adopt daylight saving time earlier this month. North Dakota last year rejected a proposal to permanently put the state on the Central Time Zone.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I would just a soon have it stay one way I guess.  The staying daylight savings time keeps it light later in the day.  I read that about 16 other states may do it too. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I agree with you guys....

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yupper. Leave it one way or the other, allowing that some businesses, schools, etc., may opt to adjust their hours during the winter months so that stumbling around in the dark isn't a potential dealbreaker. With the multiple methods of communication at our disposal these days it should be relatively easy to figure it out if they do. I certainly am not looking forward to turning that clock ahead a week from Sunday tho. Doing chores in the dark again all the sudden sucks. "But, but, but, you have that extra hour at night!" the DST diehards say. Ya, and if it's light out I'm generally outside working. Eff that! Leave the damn clocks alone!  :angry: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
A week from Sunday we change? 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
get it done!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

Springing ahead for good? Minnesota lawmakers consider a move to permanent daylight saving time

State Capitol

ST. PAUL — As Minnesotans prepare to spring forward for daylight saving time next week, lawmakers are taking up a proposal to keep Minnesota on that time zone for good.

Members of the Senate Committee on Local Government on Tuesday, Feb. 25, on a voice vote advanced a proposal to make Minnesota's official time zone advanced standard time. The move would put the state on permanent daylight saving time if the federal government approved the shift.

Sen. Mary Kiffmeyer, R-Big Lake, brought the bill and said it would help reduce health issues related to the twice-yearly change to move an hour forward in the spring and fall back an hour in the autumn.

"I think the public health and public safety issues that come with these one-hour changes in the fall, that seems to upset people more than anything," Kiffmeyer said. "And the only way we can get to having that consistent year-round time with the gentle movement that the sun gives us in the daylight and how that shifts is by adapting to daylight saving time when the federal government should pass that."

Democrats in the Minnesota House of Representatives have put forth a similar proposal. Leaders in both chambers of the divided government have said they're open to the change.

Kiffmeyer said she would also check with Minnesota's surrounding states to see whether they'd take up similar proposals. Iowa is weighing a similar plan and South Dakota's House of Representatives voted down a proposal to permanently adopt daylight saving time earlier this month. North Dakota last year rejected a proposal to permanently put the state on the Central Time Zone.

I remember that back during the crisis years of the Jimmmauh Carter administration along with drive 55.   I hated it.  Absolutely hated it.   

Seemed like it didnt get light until mid morning....  Well, like 830 or so... Stars filled the sky on the way to work.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Meh. Don't care. :pouty: :surrender:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I love DST.  Regular time sucked when you worked 6:00 PM to 6:00 AM in the winter, ya never saw light. Make DST Regular time.
« Last Edit: February 02/25/20, 08:20:32 PM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I like DST actually.  Regular time sucked when you worked 6:00 PM to 6:00 AM in the winter, ya never saw light. Make DST Regular time.
but your retired now,why would you care?? :scratch: other than to instigate more trouble. :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Say what? At least I didn't say "Meh, who cares!" Cuz I LIKE DST!  I LIKE it lighter late at nite! The car shows can go until 9:00 PM, when the hotties come out!  Look, the moon!  :mooning:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I like DST actually.  Regular time sucked when you worked 6:00 PM to 6:00 AM in the winter, ya never saw light. Make DST Regular time.
but your retired now,why would you care?? :scratch: other than to instigate more trouble. :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao:

Besides, ya won't run into those rabid possums at yer beddy-bye time, either!  :rotflmao:  :rotflmao:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I say pick one and leave it. Or split the difference and leave it there.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman

State Capitol

I remember that back during the crisis years of the Jimmmauh Carter administration along with drive 55.   I hated it.  Absolutely hated it.   

Seemed like it didnt get light until mid morning....  Well, like 830 or so... Stars filled the sky on the way to work.
I'm pretty sure the nationwide 55 mph was put into law during the Nixon/Ford administration and ended during Reagan's presidency. I remember my dad carrying a couple gas cans in the trunk during the years of really long lines at the gas stations.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

I'm pretty sure the nationwide 55 mph was put into law during the Nixon/Ford administration and ended during Reagan's presidency. I remember my dad carrying a couple gas cans in the trunk during the years of really long lines at the gas stations.
[/quote]

Correct.

January 4, 1975
The 55 mph (90 km/h) National Maximum Speed Limit was made permanent when Congress enacted and President Gerald Ford signed into law the Federal-Aid Highway ed like it didnt get light until mid morning....  Well, like 830 or so... Stars filled the sky on the way to work.Amendments of 1974 on January 4, 1975.
« Last Edit: February 02/26/20, 10:26:24 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry, guess it was cuz Carter took over a year later, with his sweaters and malaise.   And getting his advice from his 12 year old daughter that I associated the 55 with him.   

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Two years later and ur just messed up.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Two years later and ur just messed up.
He was elected in 76 and took office in Jan of 77.

OK, two years.   Carter sure didn't do anything about it.   Didn't like him at all.  Had high hopes but they were dashed...
Got the last 8% mortgage, more or less the last anyway, in 76 in Rochester.  Figured I would refi.   Rates only went up from there.   

I wish I would have had cash to buy those 18% 30 year treasuries...

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman