Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Deer and Wheelers  (Read 3988 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
My wheeler is parked outside the window of the shed.  The deer didn't seem to mind as they continued to browse past the wheeler.  Makes you think twice about walking that last quarter mile to your stand. 

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
There isn't a gun or bow case on the wheeler.  They are very smart. :rotflmao:
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
The only wildlife I get to see down here plays hip-hop, shoots people, and robs stores.  :angry:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
The only wildlife I get to see down here plays hip-hop, shoots people, and robs stores.  :angry:

say what???  I thought you only had to next door for the wild life!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Don't you have some meatballs to roll around or something?  :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!

say what???  I thought you only had to next door for the wild life!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
:super smiley: :super smiley: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't you have some meatballs to roll around or something?  :rotflmao:

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

:oops1: :oops1: :offtopic: :offtopic:

nice pictures deadeye........................ :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
My wheeler is parked outside the window of the shed.  The deer didn't seem to mind as they continued to browse past the wheeler.  Makes you think twice about walking that last quarter mile to your stand. 

Probably don't bother the tamed yard Deer as they hear-see you putten in and out all the time.   But that big 10 point by the far back swamp, may not hang around long. ;)
« Last Edit: September 09/20/18, 04:57:20 PM by Leech~~ »
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Leech,
That may well be so but if the does stay around, the bucks will eventually show up.  Last year my brother in law shot this nice 11 point on the field where our cabin is located.  However, you are correct, most of the big fellas will not be hanging out by the shed or cabin.  It is nice to know you can co-exist with the general deer population without too much worry about driving them away.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Leech,
That may well be so but if the does stay around, the bucks will eventually show up.  Last year my brother in law shot this nice 11 point on the field where our cabin is located.  However, you are correct, most of the big fellas will not be hanging out by the shed or cabin.  It is nice to know you can co-exist with the general deer population without too much worry about driving them away.

Geez, we had a guy like that in our Deer camp. Sat up a highline close enough to see the parked trucks and smoke sigs all day like a chimney and shot 2 nice 10's cutting across the highline?  :doah:

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
a few years ago me and the greek took a wheeler out. We parked and walked to a double stand about 2 blocks away. he shot a nice 10 pointer and it came from where the wheeler was parked ?
Cookie's on Upper Red Lake
e-mail: cookie16@paulbunyan.net

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I took this picture from my stand last fall.  I had the wheeler parked under the tree.  This 8 point was about 20 yards away and closing when I shot it.  I don't usually park under a stand when bow hunting but with the rifle I assume that if I want to shoot a deer I can do it long before it sees the ATV. 

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
I took this picture from my stand last fall.  I had the wheeler parked under the tree.  This 8 point was about 20 yards away and closing when I shot it.  I don't usually park under a stand when bow hunting but with the rifle I assume that if I want to shoot a deer I can do it long before it sees the ATV. 

During the Rut, Bucks no think to good!  :bonk:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

During the Rut, Bucks no think to good!  :bonk:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: leech i actually see nthat happen to an archery target. set up a camera and the deer must of had enough!!!!!!! :pouty: