Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 517597 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

Nope.  Nothing other than more inane blathering.  ;)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service

Vikings' Kentrell Brothers returns from suspension, laments 'dumb decisions' :bonk:

:coffee: ,,,,,
EAGAN, Minn. — Linebacker Kentrell Brothers returned to the Vikings poorer by $148,235.
That's how much money Brothers lost while serving a four-game NFL suspension for violating the NFL's policy on performance-enhancing substances. He rejoined the team this week.

:mad1: .....
"The only thing I have learned is don't make dumb decisions because those situations, they hurt," Brothers said Wednesday before his first-regular season practice. "Not only am I hurt mentally but financially. I lose four game checks." :banghead:

Brothers, a three-year veteran with a 2018 base salary of $630,000, had to stay away from the team during his suspension. He spent time in his native Oklahoma and working out in Arizona.

:popcorn: ....
"That's all I could do is work out," he said. "I could do some recovery and watch the games and try to decipher the plays. But I didn't get to take my (team) iPad with me."
The Vikings have a roster exception on Brothers until Monday. If they want to activate him for Sunday's game at Philadelphia, they will need to make a roster move to create room.
Head coach Mike Zimmer said the decision to activate Brothers will come down to how he looks in practice. Brothers played just nine snaps from scrimmage in his first two seasons but has been a valuable contributor on special teams.

"It's been a tough four weeks for me, but I'm back now and I'm happy to help wherever they need me," Brothers said.

Cook out:

Running back Dalvin Cook, who said Monday his hamstring injury is "still healing,'' did not participate in Wednesday's practice. He sat out a 27-6 loss to Buffalo on Sept. 23 before returning for last Thursday's 38-31 loss against the Rams at Los Angeles Coliseum, where he carried 10 times for 20 yards, all in the first half.

Also sitting out Wednesday: corner-back Trae Waynes, who suffered a concussion against the Rams, and defensive end Everson Griffen, away from the team for personal reasons. He will miss his third straight game on Sunday. :doah:

Returning to practice on a limited basis was cornerback Marcus Sherels, who missed the past two games with a rib injury. Also limited were nose tackle Linval Joseph (shoulder) and defensive end Tashawn Bower (ankle). Tom Johnson (ankle) and safety Anthony Harris (hamstring), who sat out against the Rams, were full participants.
Sendejo appeals
Safety Andrew Sendejo said he appealed the $53,482 fine he was assessed for a Sept. 16 hit  on Green Bay wide receiver Davante Adams, which drew a flag for unnecessary roughness. training-087

"I was surprised by it," said Sendejo, who added he doesn't think the hit deserved a penalty. :cry:

Last season, Sendejo served a one-game suspension for a hit and was fined for another. He latest fine was so big because he was dubbed a repeat offender.

Anthony Barr and Linval Joseph were also both fined by the NFL. Barr, a linebacker, was fined $20,054 for a horse collar tackle and $10,026 for a facemask penalty in a 27-6 loss to Buffalo on Sept. 23. Joseph, a nose tackle, was fined $20,054 for in the same game getting a personal foul for lowering his helmet. :doah:

Briefly:

Tackle Aviante Collins, out for the season after undergoing surgery Sept. 12 to repair a torn right biceps, is back at the TCO Performance Center rehabbing. "It's extremely frustrating, knowing where I would be at on this team," said Collins, expected to be the swing tackle this season. He said his "freak injury" occurred while blocking in a Sept. 6 practice.

Minnesota Vikings linebacker Kentrell Brothers (40) against the New Orleans Saints in the NFC Divisional Playoff football game at U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis on Jan. 14, 2018.

:Photography:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Will be good to have Hunter back in there.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Is it just me or?????

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
JOSEPH RUNNIN LIKE GLENN TO THE COUCH!!!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Man I get tired of listening to Aikman..

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Man I get tired of listening to Aikman..
yea especially since he has never been a vikes believer.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It's Joe Buck that make me ill...

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Romo & Nance about made me :puke: the last Vikes game they did too. Think the way they played(Buffalo) started it but their commentary about finshed me off. :bonk: ;) ;D
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
 :reporter;....
Does Vikings coach Mike Zimmer think safety Andrew Sendejo is getting a reputation among NFL referees?

"Yeah," Zimmer said Monday, Oct. 8. "Probably." :taz:

:doah: ...
Sendejo was penalized under the NFL's targeting rules for the second time in five games this season late in the Vikings' 23-21 victory over the Eagles in Philadelphia. Identified as a "repeat offender," Sendejo could be suspended for Sunday's noon kickoff against the Arizona Cardinals at U.S. Bank Stadium.

Asked Monday if he expected a suspension, Sendejo said, "Uh, no." :shocked:

:popcorn: ....
Sendejo was suspended one game last season after a hit on then-Baltimore Ravens receiver Mike Wallace, his second such penalty that season. He also was fined $24,309 for a helmet hit on Tampa Bay tight end Cameron Brate in Week 3.

"These officials watch tape, too," Zimmer said. "I was talking to a lot of them before the (Eagles) game, and we were talking about some of the things the other team does, and I said, 'Do you have anything about us?' He said, 'Yeah, your one guy does this a lot.' It wasn't Sendejo, but it was someone else. So, they watch tape, too."

There's no question Sendejo is on the NFL's radar, and not just for his tackling style. During an Aug. 3 training camp practice, Sendejo wore a baseball cap featuring the motto, "Make football violent again." It was the same day the NFL had on-field officials address the new rules with Vikings players at TCO Performance Center.

Asked if he feels he's being targeted by officials, Sendejo said, "I don't know. I'm just out there playing ball."

Zimmer didn't think much about Sunday's penalty, assessed after Sendejo hit tight end Zach Ertz from behind after an incompletion in the end zone on Philadelphia's final drive.
"That wasn't, I mean, you can't, I don't know," Zimmer said Monday. :confused:
Vikings' Andrew Sendejo back in NFL's cross hairs after second targeting penalty.

:coffee: ...
The NFL beefed up its rules on tackling during owners meetings in August. According to the 2018 NFL Rules book, "It is a foul if a player lowers his head to initiate and make contact with his helmet against an opponent." On Sunday, Sendejo did initiate helmet-to-helmet contact on Ertz.

The penalty, officially for unnecessary roughness, set the Eagles up first-and-goal from the 7-yard line, and Ertz caught a touchdown pass on the next play.
George Iloka didn't think much of the call, either. A six-year veteran who started 76 games with Cincinnati before signing a free-agent deal with Minnesota in August, Iloka said defensive players don't even talk about the new rules anymore.
"Why? Can't change it, why talk about it?" the 28-year-old safety said Monday. "What are you going to do?"

The NFL defines the defenseless player rule as "if a player initiates unnecessary contact against a player who is in a defenseless posture."
"I told Sendejo, 'I would do the same thing. Maybe hit him harder, if I could,' " Iloka said. "What are you going to do different? You're not going to let him catch the ball in front of you because of the rules.

"In situations like that, we're going to do what we're trained to do and do what comes naturally in this game of football. And if the refs want to make a call like that, I feel like it's not what football should be. That's on them, and we'll let fans keep complaining and hopefully they'll change it a little bit."

Sendejo was fined $53,482 for a penalized hit on Green Bay wide receiver Davante Adams in Week 2, double his previous fine from 2017. That could escalate again.
Said Sendejo: "All you can do is try to play by the rules and do the best you can." :banghead:
« Last Edit: October 10/09/18, 09:06:11 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
YUP  what a bunch of BS!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
At the rate they are going basketball is going to be more violent then football.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
:reporter;....
Sendejo was fined $53,482 for a penalized hit on Green Bay wide receiver Davante Adams in Week 2

Well, I can see a fine of $53,480. But $53,482 is just a bit much!  :mad1:

How do they even come up with these crazy numbers?  :confused:    :crazy:
« Last Edit: October 10/09/18, 03:07:13 PM by Leech~~ »
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
They pull it out of their  :mooning:.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well that truly sux. news has it Hughes has a torn ACL and is out for the season!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pouty: :bonk: :bonk:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya darn it.  So another first round draft pick that won't be on the field for us.  What is with all of these ACL's.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
What is with all of these ACL's.

Bigger, stronger, faster.

I think with football stronger players training harder year round you end up with more repetitive stress on knee joints, which leads to more  injuries.  Besides Teddy, I think there have been a couple of other guys who have pulled up with non-contact knee injuries as well.

I think you see it with baseball pitchers too.  They all throw so hard all the time that their elbow tendons blow out.  One Tommy John surgery later and they are better than they were before.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
 :popcorn: Jews boys "aint's gunna beat da (5-1) Saints next week" Dat's when you'll play a real football team fur a change :doah: :moon: :rotflmao:

Dat's when you'll get a real........... :rotflmao:

:oops1:

(click photo ta activate)

« Last Edit: October 10/22/18, 01:29:32 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: kinda like what happened to dem bears yesterday??????? kinda sounded like the Pats wanted to give the game away!!!!!!!!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

morning LEE!!!!!!!!!! :nerd:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Good news for the vikes. Bad news for da bears.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good for Griffin.  I didn't expect to ever see him back.  Hope it all goes well.   

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
I also hope things go well fer him. Da true test fur him will be dealing wit da future loss to "DA BEARS"  :blues brothers:

« Last Edit: October 10/26/18, 10:50:32 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
I also hope things go well fer him. Da true test fur him will be dealing wit da future loss to "DA BEARS"  :blues brothers:

You do mean the "Last Place" Bears correct!  :mooning: :mooning: :moon: :moon:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman

You do mean the "Last Place" Bears correct!  :mooning: :mooning: :moon: :moon:

Check back wit me on Sunday Night Leech ..... :rotflmao:

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
And all dis time I thought he was yakkin' about DIS Bear's team....... :confused: