Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 518305 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Terrible game.  I can't even look at Cousins anymore.  Disgusting QB.  Looked scared to death out there.  He is partly why the line is so bad.  We kicked ass last year with a worse QB and a worse OL.  We are stuck with him for 2 more years.  Things have gone haywire in the locker room since Zim got here.  I think he needs to take a look at himself.  Funny as heck that Carlson is doing so well now that he got out of Zim land. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
i dont think the place kicker issue is Zimmer.............its the special teams coach. on the radio one day they talked about this.....apparently this coach likes to mess with the kickers mechanics.

out OF coordinator needs to go away!!!!!! :confused: :confused:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
That's me walking next to the horse...

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Terrible game.  I can't even look at Cousins anymore.  Disgusting QB.  Looked scared to death out there.  He is partly why the line is so bad.  We kicked ass last year with a worse QB and a worse OL.  We are stuck with him for 2 more years.  Things have gone haywire in the locker room since Zim got here.  I think he needs to take a look at himself.  Funny as heck that Carlson is doing so well now that he got out of Zim land.

I have said many times that we should have kept Keenum. I think we would have been better off. I do like Zim though and Flip needs to go. I think we did better last year because of Shurmur being the OC.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
X2 about flip needing to go. I would have had him cleaning out his desk this morning if i had any say in it.
mm

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
X2 about flip needing to go. I would have had him cleaning out his desk this morning if i had any say in it.

I'd really like the inside story on why things aren't clicking for the offense.  Based on the product I see on the field, I'm not qualified to say if it is the players not executing or the coaches putting the players in the wrong spot to be successful.

You see teams make scores on the goal line all the time - either bull rush the pile forward, or use some other play fake or deception to get guys wide open in the end zone.  Why can't we seem to do either?

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
its glenns fault
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

I'd really like the inside story on why things aren't clicking for the offense.  Based on the product I see on the field, I'm not qualified to say if it is the players not executing or the coaches putting the players in the wrong spot to be successful.

You see teams make scores on the goal line all the time - either bull rush the pile forward, or use some other play fake or deception to get guys wide open in the end zone.  Why can't we seem to do either?

Becuz we're the ViQueens, silly!!!  :doah:  :doofus:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Flip fired Stefanski promoted to OC.   :happy1: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Flip fired Stefanski promoted to OC.   :happy1: :happy1:
:Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: December 12/11/18, 01:02:17 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe Tony Dungy and Jon Gruden will come out of retirement.... ;)

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Everyone was wondering why Coach Zim would call out his offensive coordinator in public like he did a week ago.

Well, I guess we know now!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
hire McCarthy, he neexs a job!
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe Tony Dungy and Jon Gruden will come out of retirement.... ;)
:crazy: :crazy: gruden is head coach of oakland!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oakland IS a retirement job, knockwurst! Oakie's californy kooks! Don't you have some liddle fish to stuff in jars anyway?  You know; union stuff!  :moon:
« Last Edit: December 12/11/18, 02:34:29 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
That's a retirement job, knockwurst! Oakie's californy kooks! Don't you have some liddle fish to stuff in jars?  :moon:
:bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: yepper did that last nite!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: :mooning:

and i'd say his retirement job aint fairing to well!!!!!!!

oh and retirement is discribed as not gainfully employed ya bologna brain!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: December 12/11/18, 02:37:51 PM by glenn57 »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
hire McCarthy, he neexs a job!

Or better yet...

DeFilippo to the Packers as their next head coach.  Aren't they looking for a green head coach who Rodgers can push around?

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
and i'd say his retirement job ain't fairing to well!!!!!!!

Chuckie is right on course.  Tank for two years, acquire good draft choices, cut payroll.  Who cares what happens in Oakland?

Then draft, spend, and build when they get to Vegas.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe they'll draft a couple of 'em for the Twinkies.   :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I think McCarthy may intimidate Zimbo. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
EAGAN, Minn. (AP) — When the Minnesota Vikings went all-in on Kirk Cousins as their long-sought franchise player last spring, they paired him with a new offensive coordinator considered to be part of the current wave of up-and-coming quarterback developers and innovative play-callers putting a strong imprint on the NFL.

The partnership with John DeFilippo that had so much potential lasted nine months.

Cousins and his Vikings teammates were doused this week with the cold shower of coach Mike Zimmer's decision to fire DeFilippo after just 13 regular-season games, the latest dose of the reality of this cutthroat league as well as a sobering reminder that their lagging performance ultimately cost him the job.

"It's the hard part of this business, and it was tough news," Cousins said before practice on Wednesday. "I hate seeing it happen."

Pro football's furnace of fan-driven angst over a struggling offense had been directed over the past month toward DeFilippo and his in-game decision-making, with Zimmer's public second-guessing of the play-calling only adding to the heat.

Cousins, in the first season of his fully guaranteed, three-year, $84 million contract, joined DeFilippo over the past month on the firing line.

The Vikings (6-6-1) have lost three of their past four games, with Cousins posting three of his five lowest passer ratings in those games, all on the road against postseason-bound teams.

"One of the things I did communicate to coach Flip yesterday was, 'I believe with the ball in my hand, had I played at my fullest potential play-in and play-out, we're probably not having this conversation right now,'" Cousins said.

"That's something I take personally and is certainly tough for me and keeps you up at night. But at the same time, all you can do now is go forward."

Cousins complimented DeFilippo for his "very classy and very gracious" conversation with him on Tuesday after the dismissal.

"I have a lot of respect for him as a coach. I have a lot of respect for him as a person. And I believe that his best days in this league are ahead of him," Cousins said. "I think he's a very good coach, and I think he'll be a coordinator again. I think he's head coach material, as well."

Zimmer made the move about 12 hours after Minnesota's 21-7 loss at Seattle on Monday, when the offense didn't score until 70 seconds remained in the game.

With the Vikings still, somehow, in control of the second wild-card spot in the top-heavy NFC, Zimmer decided to fire DeFilippo and make quarterbacks coach Kevin Stefanski the offensive coordinator for the remainder of the season in a last-ditch attempt to create a spark for a sputtering unit.

"It may work. It may not work. You get feelings and you trust your gut," Zimmer said. "It's no different than, it's fourth-and-8, you've got to call the blitz, you meet it head on, and you go. Now are we going to talk about Miami? Or are we going to keep talking about this?"

Ah, yes, the Dolphins (7-6), who are due in Minnesota on Sunday afternoon. They're tied for third in the NFL with 25 takeaways, a dangerous trend for Cousins and his 16 turnovers that are tied with New York Jets rookie Sam Darnold for the most in the league.

"I'd be the first one to say if I had played at a higher level, we're probably not talking about the things we're talking about," Cousins said.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
At least he manned up & admitted that his play has been a big part of it. Kind of a tough deal knowin your play was a big part of someone losing their job. It's the nature of the beast though & I'm pretty sure De Filippo won't be out of work that long. The O line has been awfully shaky the last 3-4 games too, I think. See how the new OC handles it, hope he figures out a way to get everybody settled down & in the flow to start the game.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Lets hope something good comes happens from this.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Now I am excited to watch the next game.  I really lost some Vikings fire after that Seattle mess.  I hope Stefanski does great.  He has coached here for 12 years I think.  He deserves this shot and the guys know him and like him. 

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
 :happy1:

[attachment deleted by admin]
78.50"

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
dats funny!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey had anyone heard from our pal Lee??? I figured after da Vikings downfall and his bears beating the Rams he'd be strutin like a banty rooster??? Hope all is well with him!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that is a good question...  he would have been all over that...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!