Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 517740 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya I have been waiting for him to rub it in. 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yah, I was starting to think the same thing.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya I have been waiting for him to rub it in. 
Was thinking the same thing  :shocked:, almost before the Vikes game was over. Hope he's OK. :confused:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Two football fans were talkin bout Da Bears/Vikes game on Sunday. Da Vikes fan (in red) tells Da Bears Fan (in black)..."I wonder how I'll feel after da game if my Vikes loose" Da bears fan says: "dat's easy.... I'll show ya!"
:blues brothers:
Click on photo....

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 12/25/18, 06:52:57 AM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
 :doah:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
OOHH!  Lee you are back in action.  I woke up this morning thinking it was Sunday and I was trying to remember if the game was a noon or 3.  Then I remembered it is not today.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
OOHH!  Lee you are back in action.  I woke up this morning thinking it was Sunday and I was trying to remember if the game was a noon or 3.  Then I remembered it is not today.

Not ta worry my friend :tut:  I have a list of meds dat just about covers everything. I hope ya are covered by medicare :scratch:

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
He prolly had too much rum in the 'nog last nite, Lee.   ;)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good to see ya back Lee!!

too much rum???  no way!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
good to see ya back Lee!!

too much rum???  no way!!!

Oh? Tell us more...... :evil:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Who Me???    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Not you! Mike! I wanna know how much he spiked someone's 'nog...... ;)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Bet my owls weren't the ONLY thing hootin' last nite!!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
don't drink rum, I was helping LPS!!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Great job Mike. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Well I see a three peat the next 5 days.
Vikings over da bears
Wild over da Blackhawks, and
Da Timberwolves over the bulls!!! :happy1: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn the Greek!   ;)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Well I see a three peat the next 5 days.
Vikings over da bears
Wild over da Blackhawks, and
Da Timberwolves over the bulls!!! :happy1: :happy1:

And once again.....I see dat "Glenn has lost his mind" :doofus:

Poor Glenn  :doah: Once again he's out chasing dat darn banana :rolleyes:

Enlarge photo for best viewing :rotflmao:

« Last Edit: December 12/27/18, 10:24:12 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  Week 17 Game preview: Bears vs. Vikings

The regular season finale has plenty of story lines and isn’t the end of the season story for the Bears

For the first time since I took over writing these game previews a couple of years ago, I don’t have to write a short eulogy on the season and include phrases like ‘last Bears game until September’ or ‘enjoy it because a long off season will start Monday.’

That’s right, there will be a postseason run to talk about. The stress level will be higher and there will be no guarantee of a next week but this will be fun.

But there is still the matter of Sunday’s game to talk about. The Vikings are playing for their own playoff life and the Bears have seeding implications at play.

There’s a lot of will-they, won’t-they talk surrounding the Bears are far as how hard the team will play or how much the starters will play. It’s tough to say but it sounds like there’s a good chance that we’ll see the starters for at least a half of the game.

Minnesota Vikings

SB Nation site: Daily Norseman

Game day/time/TV: Sunday, 3:25 p.m. CT, FOX

Record: 8-6-1

Last week: 27-9 win over Detroit

Bears all-time record against: 53-60-2 (including postseason)

Historical match ups: The last time the Bears won in Minnesota, it was also the last game of the season.

Back in Week 17 of 2011, Josh McCown started for the injured Jay Cutler and the ineffective Caleb Hanie. Just weeks after patrolling the sideline of a high school as a coach, he led the Bears from down 10-0 early to hit Roy Williams for a touchdown.

A Charles Tillman pick six and a Robbie Gould field goal were all the Bears needed to eek out a 17-13 win.

Last meeting: Just over a month ago, on Sunday Night Football, fans were talking about the Bears finally having their shot at a winning football team and a shot to establish themselves as a true contending playoff team. They beat the Vikings 25-20, but it wasn’t even that close.

The Vikings scored twice after the Bears were already up 22-6 to get it close.

Offense: Minnesota enters Week 17 with 16th ranked offense in terms of points and 17th in terms of yards.

Their passing offense ranks 10th in passing yards and fifth in attempts, led by Kirk Cousins (70.7 pct. cmp./4,166 yds./29 TD/10 INT) throwing to dangerous weapons like Adam Thielen (110 rec./1,335 yds./9 TD), Stefon Diggs (94/974/8) and Aldrick Robinson (17/231/5).

They account for 22 of Cousins’ 29 TD passes, the others belong to TE Kyle Rudolph (60/615/4), WR Laquon Treadwell (34/295/1) and RB Dalvin Cook (36/284/2).

Speaking of Cook, he is arguably their best offensive weapon, but certainly their most versatile. The Vikings rank 30th in rushing yards, 27th in rushing TDs and 26th in attempts, but Cook is an effective back when he’s healthy.

His numbers (122 att./576 yds./2 TD) work out to 4.7 yards per carry and his 5.4 yards per touch are a testament to his versatile game.

He actually is second on the team in rushing to Latavius Murray (138/560/6) but that’s mostly due to missing five games.

Defense: The Vikings defense is fierce, every bit as good as the Bears. They come in ranked seventh in points allowed and third in yards allowed.

They rank third in pass yards allowed, first in touchdown passes allowed but are 16th in interceptions.

Their rushing defense ranks 11th in yards allowed and sixth in touchdowns allowed.

Overall they rank 15th in terms of turnovers with 20, so average, which is surprising with the playmakers and their unit ranks overall.

Up front they boast Danielle Hunter (14.5 sacks/21 TFL/19 QBH), Everson Griffin (5.5 sk./5 TFL/13 QBH), Sheldon RIchardson (4.5 sk./6 TFL/16 QBH) and their version of Eddie Goldman in Linval Joseph (1 sk/4 TFL/3QBH/1 FF).

Their linebackers are good too with Anthony Barr (3 sk./2 PD/1 FF/8 TFL) and Eric Kendricks (108 tkl/3 TFL/2 INT/7 PD/1 FF) making plays all over the place.

The secondary is no slouch either with S Harrison Smith (3 INT/6 PD/1 FF/8 TFL), Trae Waynes (8 PD/1 INT), Xavier Rhodes (7 PD/1 INT), Mackensie Alexander (9 PD/4 sk./7 TFL) and Anthony Harris (3 INT/6 PD) all making plays.

They have 16 players with at least half a sack, a testament to the amount of different looks and blitzes they like to throw at their opponents.

Injury report: The Vikings listed eight players on their Wednesday injury report:

Full participation: LB Anthony Barr (shoulder), TE David Morgan (knee)

Limited: FB C.J. Ham (elbow), DT Linval Joseph (knee), LB Eric Kendricks (hamstring), G Mike Remmers (low back), CB Xavier Rhodes (groin), Marcus Sherels (foot)

Key match ups: The front seven against Mitch Trubisky looms large here, will Trubisky be able to recognize where the pressure will come from while keeping his eyes downfield and find where the open receiver is?

Picking apart the tough secondary of the Vikings will be difficult, Trubisky struggled during the first meeting, throwing two picks and leading the offense to just one touchdown. What did he learn from that game?

On defense, I think the match up is the Bears’ front four getting pressure on Kirk Cousins is the biggest key. Sure, I think that shutting down Dalvin Cook is important because he has the speed and the skillset to burn the defense, but Cousins makes the whole thing work.

Cousins’ struggles against winning teams and big moments is well documented. If the Bears can rattle him, like they did in the first game, then he should turn the ball over.

What to watch for: Playoff seeding; will the Bears truly go all out to keep a division rival out of the postseason or will they simply just do enough to put up a fight in the first half and then cruise in the second?

There are some really intriguing things at play.

Key stats: Cousins’ pass attempts have dropped a bit since the team fired John DeFilippo, going from 37.4 attempts per game to 24.5

The Vikings have also gotten Murray and Cook a combined 29.5 rushing attempts per game since changing coordinators.

The Vikings are 0-4-1 when they lose the turnover margin, they’ve only won the turn over margin four times

Kirk Cousins is number two in the NFL with three pick sixes thrown, just one behind Josh Rosen

Cousins is also tied for fourth with nine fumbles this year

The pick: Vikings 28, Bears 23 - Ultimately, I don’t think many Bears starters will finish this game and I think the Vikings pull it out in the end to make the playoffs. To see my analysis of the game against the spread and the total, click here to read my piece on Sports Bet Collective.

What do you think the Bears need to do to win Sunday? :scratch: Will they try? :confused:

« Last Edit: December 12/27/18, 11:12:04 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :doofus: :pouty: :pouty: :pouty: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: wrong thread!!!!!!!!!! :tut: :tut: :tut: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I think the bears can win with their second team.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I think he is off his rocker.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Gonna be a good game......................I hope.  :rolleyes:

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
I think he is off his rocker.

Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Game face?

;)

« Last Edit: December 12/28/18, 08:35:34 AM by Rebel SS »