Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 518071 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Is this true or a joke?  Just wondering.  We should have kept Carlson and given him a chance. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I think it's a joke. Bears don't want him either. Just Lee jerking our chain. The special teams coach they had is gone. Story had it he liked messing with the kickers mechanics.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I wondered since there aren't many kickers that are good enough to hit a target like an upright 4 times in one game. 

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
:reporter; Agent: Vikings WR Thielen won't hold out for contract :Clap:

By Field Level Media Today at 1:16 p.m.

:coffee: ....
 Minnesota Vikings wide receiver Adam Thielen walks to the sidelines during the second quarter of the NFL Pro Bowl football game at Camping World Stadium Jan. 19. Reinhold Matay / USA TODAY Sports
Wide receiver Adam Thielen's $5.85 million salary for 2019 puts him among the lowest-paid No. 1 receivers on any team.

And with two years left on the four-year, $19.25 million contract he signed in 2017, the Minnesota Vikings might consider trying to extend the contract of the productive 28-year-old wideout. Or they could wait.

His agent, Blake Baratz, told SKOR North radio in the Twin Cities on Tuesday that Thielen will not hold out to force the Vikings to the negotiating table.

"Adam's not that type of person," Baratz said. "I would never condone a player to hold out or be disruptive if it wasn't for a very valid reason, and (what's not) a valid reason, to me, is both sides working in good faith to come to a conclusion that makes sense for everybody."

The Vikings signed Thielen, who played collegiately at Minnesota State, as an undrafted free agent in 2013. He has played in all 80 games (46 starts) over five seasons and has caught 293 passes for 3,897 yards and 19 touchdowns.

In 2018, he had career highs in receptions (113), yards (1,373) and TDs (nine). The Detroit Lakes, Minn., native is a two-time Pro Bowl selection.

"This team has a lot of really good things in place for it, and I know they want to take care of Adam and I know they want Adam there and I know they want to reward Adam," Baratz said.

"What exactly that looks like and when that happens, I can't speak to yet, but I'm cautiously optimistic that everyone will come around and do the right thing.

"There's not -- no one's being greedy. Everyone understands the situation and it's really in their court. He has a couple of years left on his deal, but he's earned a significant pay raise. Not to mention what he's done on the field, he might be one of the best people in the entire National Football League and represents the city and the organization and state and frankly, the entire region unbelievably." :Clap:
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
dats just da way us minnesodain born and raised fellers are. good hard workin honest fellers!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
there ya go.crop.dusting again.....
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
there ya go.crop.dusting again.....
awe go stick your head in the mailbox!!!!!!!!!!!! :moon: :moon: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: ya might just locate a few things!!!!!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :sleazy: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
dats just da way us minnesodain born and raised fellers are. good hard workin honest fellers!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Ya!!!! :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 I'd put those union pot stirrer's towards the bottom of my list.  :scratch: Chargin granny next door to blow her snow. :tut: :thumbs: :rolleyes: ;) :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I'd put those union pot stirrer's towards the bottom of my list.  :scratch: Chargin granny next door to blow her snow. :tut: :thumbs: :rolleyes: ;) :laugh:
:tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: granny........... :tut: :tut: not hardly............my kids are more then likely older then her!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ohh....so now going after the young stuff, are ya?     :tut:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Ohh....so now going after the young stuff, are ya?     :tut:
:nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :cool:

of legal age!!!!!!!!!!! oh and just being a good neighbor!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
And you talk about me and Ms. Hot 'n fluffy next door??!??!?!?    :mooning:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I see where ESPN's reporting that they announced the extension of Zimmer's contract another year yesterday at the combine.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
well he better have a winning season or he might be.lookin for.work
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
8-7-1 what more could we want? :rolleyes: :smiley:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
personally i think its a good move.......speilman on the other hand>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
It certainly is an interesting move.

Everyone was worried about Kubiak taking Stafanski's job away from him.  What if the real move was to have Kubiak on staff to take Zimmer's job, should the team under-perform for Zim again.

Zim's one year extension really doesn't constitute much extra job security.  AND Spielman and the Wilf's will have a year or two to evaluate Kubiak in-house.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The article I read said that just about all the HC's that enter the season on the final year of their contract aren't back the next year.  :scratch:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I see where Sendejo & Remmers have been released :happy1: & Barr is on his way to the NYJ. Not sure :scratch: but don't think they can actually sign anybody 'til tomorrow.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I liked Sendejo.   

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I thought he played OK too, must've thought it was goin to cost too much to sign him. :confused: He'll probably catch on somewhere else. Glad to see Remmers gone though, he hasn't played very good for the last 2 seasons but he's been hurt a lot too.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just read that Richardson may be going to the Browns.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
He played good for them IMO, was a 1 year deal, must be > $ to resign

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I thought they were going to want to keep him.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Hard to pay other players when your quarterback makes $84 Mil - guaranteed.

It looks like the formula for winning in the NFL is to...

A) Have Tom Brady
A1) Tank.
B) Draft a franchise rookie QB you can pay (relative) peanuts to.
C) Get good at all the other positions
D) Avoid "head case" players who sit out, demand trades, and only return pennies on the dollar when you finally have to dump them.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Totally agree on Cousins, Steve-O, he didn't come close to playing up to that contract. :thumbs: :pouty: However there are 8 others on the team making >$ 10 mil/per & 6 of those are on Zimm's defense.  :crazy: I think they had a down year as well & part of that was because they were on the field way too much. :sad:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Totally agree on Cousins, Steve-O, he didn't come close to playing up to that contract.

Still, I think it was a decent, high priced gamble that is mitigated by Cousins' relatively short contract duration.  It is hard to know how much of Cousins' deficiencies were of his own doing, weak offensive line/running game play, or ineffective offensive coordinator leadership.
  • Cousins can be second guessed because he really isn't any more effective for us than he was for Washington; good numbers, but few wins.
  • Zim can be second guessed because he can't get the offensive coordinator to be on the same page as him.*
  • Spielman can be second guessed because he could have rolled with Keenum one more year and waited for someone like Nick Foles or someone else to become available this year.
Still, if Cousins/Stefanski/Kubiak can work together to make Cousins more successful, if Spielman can somehow shore up the offensive line, and if Zim can coach up replacements for the defenders he is losing, I like our chances...

But its too bad 'cause I like da' Bears chances even better than ours.   :blues brothers:

* It will also be interesting to see how DeFilippo does for the Jaguars next season.
« Last Edit: March 03/12/19, 12:00:00 PM by Steve-o »

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Totally agree on Cousins, Steve-O, he didn't come close to playing up to that contract.

Still, I think it was a decent, high priced gamble that is mitigated by Cousins' relatively short contract duration.  It is hard to know how much of Cousins' deficiencies were of his own doing, weak offensive line/running game play, or ineffective offensive coordinator leadership.
  • Cousins can be second guessed because he really isn't any more effective for us than he was for Washington; good numbers, but few wins.
  • Zim can be second guessed because he can't get the offensive coordinator to be on the same page as him.*
  • Spielman can be second guessed because he could have rolled with Keenum one more year and waited for someone like Nick Fowls or someone else to become available this year.
Still, if Cousins/Stefanski/Kubiak can work together to make Cousins more successful, if Spielman can somehow shore up the offensive line, and if Zim can coach up replacements for the defenders he is losing, I like our chances...

But its too bad 'cause I like da' Bears chances even better than ours.   :blues brothers:

* It will also be interesting to see how DeFilippo does for the Jaguars next season.

Now there's a man dat's in touch wit reality! :bow:
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman