Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 517923 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
   Packers bolster defense with edge rusher Za'Darius Smith, safety Adrian Amos

Figured I'd post dis on da Vikes thread just ta piss off da Viking fans! :rotflmao:

GREEN BAY – Waiting until the first wave of free agency rolled through the NFL on Monday, Green Bay Packers general manager Brian Gutekunst jumped in with both feet, signing a pair of defensive starters Tuesday.

Baltimore edge rusher Za’Darius Smith and Chicago safety Adrian Amos agreed to terms on contracts with the Packers on Tuesday morning.

Both signings were reported first by NFL Network and the PackersNews.com confirmed Amos’ signing.

The Packers are counting on Smith to start at outside linebacker in either Clay Matthews' or Nick Perry’s spot. Matthews is an unrestricted free agent and the Packers are expected to release Perry later in the week.

Smith, 26, bounced back from a pair of unremarkable seasons to finish with 8½ sacks for the Ravens in a contract year. The 2015 fourth-round selection had 5½ sacks his rookie year but just 4½ the next two.

In 2018, he had a breakout season, leading the Ravens in sacks, quarterback hits (25, including sacks) and finishing second in tackles for loss (10). He finished tied for sixth in tackles.

The Packers need the 6-4, 274-pound Smith to be more than just a pass rusher, although hitting quarterbacks will be his No. 1 duty. At the combine four years ago, he ran an impressive 40-yard dash in 4.83 seconds and benched 225 pounds 23 times.

Defensive coordinator Mike Pettine will have to find out whether Smith can help him at outside linebacker or simply as an edge rusher in nickel situations. Smith was a defensive end in college at Kentucky.

The signing means that Gutekunst doesn’t necessarily have to draft an edge rusher with the No. 12 pick in the 2019 draft. It’s very possible there will be a pass rusher available at that pick and Gutekunst probably wouldn’t pass on him, but he has the option of taking the best player available and waiting until later to take another pass rusher.

In Amos, the Packers are getting a mid-level starter who started all 16 games last year and had 73 tackles, a sack and two interceptions. He also had nine pass break-ups and a forced fumble.

At the combine in 2015, the 6-foot, 218-pound Amos ran the 40-yard dash in 4.56 seconds and registered a 35 1/2 -inch vertical leap.

Amos, a fifth-round pick, played second fiddle to safety Eddie Jackson on the Bears’ outstanding defense. Jackson made more big plays than Amos, who in four years has just three interceptions.

The Packers will expect him to start, but they are still going to have to make another move at the position because they do not have an established ballhawk in the deep middle. It’s possible they’ll move cornerback Josh Jackson to safety, but he would need a lot of training.

It’s unclear whether the Packers have submitted a restricted free agent tender on safety Kentrell Brice, who has battled ankle injuries the last two seasons. Brice would make $2.025 million if the tender is made and so with this signing it’s possible the Packers will take a pass.

Josh Jones, a second-round pick in 2017, remains an option at safety, too. Pettine also could keep cornerback Tramon Williams at safety after the veteran bailed him out last year when injuries struck the position.

This article originally appeared on Packers News: Packers bolster defense with edge rusher Za'Darius Smith, safety Adrian Amos

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 03/12/19, 12:16:31 PM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
... and waited for someone like Nick Foles or someone else to become available this year.

The cost of quarterbacking is going up...  Nick got $88 Mil with incentives going to $102 Mil over 4 years with $50 Mil guaranteed to play for the Jags.

...And Aaron Rodgers and Matt Ryan will both make more than Foles and Cousins to resign with their teams.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I will be sticking pins in my Trubisky doll... :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Just seen Barr is sticking with the Vikings, not signing with the Jets. Look out baby tubby. :sleazy:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
IMO if we don't do a major OL upgrade we're doomed for a repeat. :thumbs: :pouty: FA's or draft :scratch:, probably need help from both. :sad:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Right on Gunner.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I seen 1 report that it wasn't until Barr heard that the NYJ planned to use him as an edge rusher that he changed his mind. Another said him leavin was just a ploy to get a better deal with the Vikings & that is why none of the details of his deal with them were ever released. :confused: Think they used up most, if not all, of their cap space to sign him so it'll be interesting to see how they go about the OL issues.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i heard he took less money to stay with the vikings???????????

suxs to hear murray left!!!!!!!!!! :confused: :confused: liked him as a running back.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep, and Murray was a good interview on the radio; very well spoken and candid.

Cook better be healthy and productive this year.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
AND the fact that he is a good interview makes me like him even better.  Intelligent fellow.  On the other hand Treadwell can't hardly read and write, or talk with much correct grammar.  That worries me.  And it should worry him too.  Get back to school Laquon. 

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
On the other hand Treadwell ...

I posted Cordarelle Patterson's receiving stats over on the Bears' thread.  Cordarelle was no world beater, but compared to Laquon...

Treadwell:

2016, Vikings, 1 catch, 15 yards, catch percentage 33.3%
2017, Vikings, 20 catch, 200 yards, catch percentage 51.7%
2018, Vikings, 35 catch, 302 yards, catch percentage 66.0%

The only difference between Treadwell and Patterson, is that Treadwell's numbers are trending up.

That and Treadwell is cheap.  Laquon is still on his rookie deal and Patterson just signed for $10 Mil wit' 'da Bears.   :blues brothers:  Good luck.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
i heard he took less money to stay with the vikings???????????

suxs to hear murray left!!!!!!!!!! :confused: :confused: liked him as a running back.
I never heard any #'s on the NYJ's offer, I see now they're reporting it was for $14-$15/ per. His new deal with the Vikes could be worth $77.5 mil after incentives. Might be a longer deal now or more guaranteed too. Havta agree on Murray. :sad:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
They must not of wanted Murray back :pouty: :thumbs: as I did some checking, he made $5 mil last season & signed for $14.4 for 4 with the Saints. Saints lost Ingram though too, sure that played into it.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
holy moley...........the vikings now have 1 offensive lineman that has a total of like 361 snaps of experience in the NFL on there roster.......... easton and compton signed elsewhere. hope cousins has good medical coverage. :doofus: :doofus: :doofus: :doofus:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I hadn't heard that but I'm not real surprised as I'm not sure they really wanted them back. Especially with the amount of $'s it was going to take to sign 'em. Reiff & Elflein were by far the best on the OL last season anyway. Not sure :scratch: they can get enough help, as you need some depth too, in the draft & with FA's, hope so or 8-7-1 might look good to us next season. :pouty: :thumbs:
« Last Edit: March 03/18/19, 06:30:38 PM by Gunner55 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Easton was hurt a lot last season, I see where he signed a 4 year deal with the Saints.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I heard they finally drafted a new kicker, with what the budget allowed.....

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well.................while you guyz are making fun of da vikings kickers............i'll report real news. :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: seen where they signed a running back from detroit?? sounded like he was in minnesota once, i dont remember dat?????????

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: March 03/19/19, 11:04:40 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Abdullah started last season on Detroit's team and played in 3 games.  He had 1 rush for 1 yard and 3 catches for 38 yards.

Vikes picked him up and he played in 7 games.  He had 1 catch for 10 yards.

He also returned 14 punts total for both teams last year.

He should get a chance to play more for the Vikes now that Latavius Murray has moved on.

But he - or Cook - won't have a chance unless Spielman figures out how to rebuild the O line through the draft and what is left of their salary cap money.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
 :reporter; Breaking News!...Breaking News!..Breaking News!...Breaking News!

Da Chicago Bears are considering purchasing Da Minnesota Vikings. Da plan is ta use da vikes as a practice squad. It seems dat Da Bears have been spending a lot of money replacing all of der exploding tackling  dummies. Day figured it would be much cheaper just ta use  da X Vikings players fur practice.  Dis way day kin just tro um away after a few tackles!

"Da Bears" :blues brothers:

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
And awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay we go....................................

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We need to get the phone number of those party girls for Lee.   :sleazy:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Ya, Bertha Butt ....one of the Butt sisters.    :censored:

https://youtu.be/BCV6paTXyCU
« Last Edit: March 03/19/19, 04:00:26 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: March 03/21/19, 08:01:49 PM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Seen that to. Really suxs!

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman

Ya, Bertha Butt ....one of the Butt sisters.    :censored:

https://youtu.be/BCV6paTXyCU

Very thoughtful of jews guys! :doah:

Fortunately I have my own stable of ladies dat outclass yer scroungy offerings! :happy1:

Many BWCA Reports

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Sherel's leaving........ :doah:

https://www.kaaltv.com/sports/rochester-minnesota-native-marcus-sherels-leaving-the-vikings-for-the-new-orleans-saints-nfl-football/5287709/?cat=10151
Wondered :scratch: if he might not be after they re-signed Abdullah as that was his main duty last season when Sherels was hurt. I agree, hate to see him go, he did a good job, hardly fumbled, & was a Rochester native. Wasn't he? :scratch: