Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 517808 times)

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Vikings will win back the division.  Chicago has a good team but it will falter this year.  Still a strong chance for no. 2 with the cheese heads no. 3.  Detroit has a way's to go yet.  SKOL!!!!  good luck.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Vikings will win back the division.  Chicago has a good team but it will falter this year.  Still a strong chance for no. 2 with the cheese heads no. 3.  Detroit has a way's to go yet.  SKOL!!!!  good luck.

:sorry: butttttt ... :bs:
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Well I hope I'm right.  The question mark will be our offensive line.  Some improvement with the draft and we will see if they can make a difference this season.  We have one of the best defenses in the NFL plus the best two recievers in the NFL as well.  I'll give the bears credit for a great season last year though.  Cousins had his first year with the Vikings and it's hard to step in and succeed as much as the fans would have wanted until he gets used to the offense.  Still he had great numbers.  good luck.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup I agree RH.  The D line is going to be awesome I think.  The O line has to be an upgrade.   Gonna be a great season.  Got some great draft picks.   :happy1: :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup I agree RH.  The D line is going to be awesome I think.  The O line has to be an upgrade.   Gonna be a great season.  Got some great draft picks.   :happy1: :happy1:
Got to agree, guys, they've got to be able to protect him & give the WR's a chance to get open. A better running game wouldn't hurt as they weren't very good at that last year either.
« Last Edit: June 06/01/19, 07:54:52 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Kubiak being there should make a difference too.  He's been there done that. 

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes, lets hope Kubiak and Stefanski and Zimmer are all on the same page and it is also the right page.

2 of the past 3 years this has not been the case.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Exactly Snow.  Lots of egos there.  Hope they put them aside and kick some ass on the field. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Try this out for a fun Vikes game.    https://youtu.be/QSwTH8gCJHY

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
https://youtu.be/Z690_JNJQdk  This  was one of my favorite seasons.  Favre was great and the team loved him. 

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
That was a great game.  Still think Favre was the best in the game even though I am a Viking game.  good luck.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
This is the one with Brett fooling around before his second game with us.  That is what got the team on the same level as him.  He made it fun.  https://youtu.be/do311h7D_B0

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Time to get it together, guys..............

EAGAN — Mike Zimmer looked on with exasperation during Wednesday’s Minnesota Vikings practice as the offense did pretty much whatever it wanted against his vaunted defense.

Whether it was because Kyle Rudolph tip-toed a touchdown reception in the back of the end zone or Adam Thielen caught one wide open, Zimmer was none too pleased with the overall effort of the D.

Less than a week into full practices it has become an alarming trend for Zimmer and instead of letting it fester, he took to the podium after Thursday’s walkthrough to voice his discontent.

“We need to play a lot better,” the Vikings’ head coach said. “I feel like the offense has got a lot of grit and fight, and I haven’t seen much out of the defense yet. That’s my major concern at this point.”

Maybe it shouldn’t come as a surprise that the offense has operated with more attention to detail. There are a lot of moving parts on that side of the ball, especially with offensive coordinator Kevin Stefanski and adviser Gary Kubiak teaching a new scheme. For the offense, there’s no time for messing around with so much to learn and Week 1 a little more than a month away.

The defense, on the other hand, has been roughly the same thing for the past six years. Add in the fact that Minnesota finished in the Top 5 of total yards allowed for three straight years and switching it to autopilot from time to time seems understandable.

“As I’ve told a few of them, they’ve been together for quite a while now, and they think they’re pretty good, so maybe they just go out and practice and there’s no intensity level,” Zimmer said.

“They aren’t making mistakes because they’ve been in the same defense for six years now; it’s just a little bit of, maybe, complacency, like, ‘Hey. We are in the Top 5 in defense every year.’ ”

In the interest of fairness, the defense isn’t allowed to tackle during training camp, meaning the offense probably has at least a couple of extra seconds to work with on any given play.

There’s also the fact competition is scarce with most of the starters know exactly where they stand, whether it’s Linval Joseph at nose tackle, Everson Griffen and Danielle Hunter at defensive end, Eric Kendricks or Anthony Barr at linebacker, or Harrison Smith, Xavier Rhodes and Trae Waynes in the secondary.

“I just think they need to get more competitive,” he said. “We need to come out here and compete every day. In all the situations, the offense has won every time, so if they want to be great on defense, they’ve got to play with a chip on their shoulder. I haven’t really seen that yet.”

His players took the comments to heart, performing much better during Thursday’s practice, and owning their previous mishaps afterward.

“If he says we’ve got to step it up, we’ve got to step it up,” Rhodes said. “There were some things we needed to correct. We had some errors in some situations and periods of the practice.”

“He knows what it looks like when it’s right,” Smith added. “I think he was talking about a mentality and I think we’re going to get that right.”

🏈

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Zimmer wants a Super Bowl win bad.  He said to a reporter that some coach will win a super bowl here and I want that coach to be me.  He has the staff now, coaches now, and better players now.  Can't afford to lose the close games we lost the last couple of years. good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Time to knuckle down and play every game like it's the last. No more of this chokin' and boo-boo's crap.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
i know all you auld pharts where more then likely in bed already :rotflmao: :rotflmao: but after the 10 pm news i watched on channel 4 a vikings training camp segment.

they interviewed Cousins, SPielman and Hunter. holy moly is that Hunter built like a freight train. no way would i wanna get tangled up with that dude.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
there first preseason game is this friday night a 7 pm.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks for the reminder Glen!! good luck.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
i know all you auld pharts where more then likely in bed already :rotflmao: :rotflmao: but after the 10 pm news i watched on channel 4 a vikings training camp segment.

they interviewed Cousins, SPielman and Hunter. holy moly is that Hunter built like a freight train. no way would i wanna get tangled up with that dude.
Seen it too, but it was Sunday morning. Probably before you were awake though :scratch:, 9 maybe 10.  ;) :laugh:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Vikes vs Saints. Predic: Ho-hum game.  :coffee:  🏈

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Seen it too, but it was Sunday morning. Probably before you were awake though :scratch:, 9 maybe 10.  ;) :laugh:
:tut: :tut: :tut: oh i was awake...........just not running at full capacity at that point!!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Vikes vs Saints. Predic: Ho-hum game.  :coffee:  🏈
so  :tut: :tut: its football!!!!!!!!!!! :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :rocker; :rocker; :happybounce: :happybounce:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
What are you babbling about now?!  :confused:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

It didn't say replay in real small letters up in the righthand corner, did it?  :doah: :rolleyes: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: August 08/05/19, 11:40:07 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

It didn't say replay in real small letters up in the righthand corner, did it?  :doah: :rolleyes: :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: nope!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I heard a reporter last year say that his body is like a Greek God. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Jimmy the Greek?  :scratch: Musta been all that Jamaican food.......

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 08/05/19, 01:17:46 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Jimmy the Greek?  :scratch: Musta been all that Jamaican food.......
HE's got a ways to go to catch me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dancinred: :rocker; :super smiley: :super smiley: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :doah: :confused:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Sleepin....................er dreamin while @ work again, huh? :rolleyes: :laugh: