Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 513118 times)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
So where's the Gunner Vikings Replay Wrapup?   :scratch:
I wasn't able to see the whole game. ;) :drinking: :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
That'll teach ya...
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
It apparently didn't do much good!! :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: Piffle!! ;) :smiley: Just EARLY pre-season, most of the minutes played were by guys who won't be around at the end or will end up on other teams. :mooning:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Friday Football Feast on KFAN now.  Good stuff with the roster changes.  Game at noon tomorrow.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
:tut: Piffle!! ;) :smiley: Just EARLY pre-season, most of the minutes played were by guys who won't be around at the end or will end up on other teams. :mooning:

Mike Tirico had an interesting idea he shared on the radio this morning.

Two preseason games is enough to prepare the teams with game speed action.

For the other two weeks...

Since teams are doing more and more organized scrimmages with other teams - formalize the process.  Host one three day scrimmage at one city, then your team travels to another city for the second week.  You have two days of closed practice and then you open up your home stadium to fans for the third day of organized practice.  Charge them $10 and let them buy all the overpriced beer and concessions they want.  Since it is practice, the QBs will be wearing red shirts and won't get hit, but at least you'll get to see them play/practice - unlike most preseason games where the started see little or no playing time.  Then, if you really want to practice at game speed, play a 30 minute real-time game using the backups to evaluate the back half of the roster.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya preseason is sort of fun to see other players but let's play football....   SO I just looked and we play 5 of our last 9 games of the season at 8 pm. That is BS!!!  Big time.  Has any other team ever had to do that at???

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
On the above post regarding the couple getting murdered, I see that the son has been arrested in Mexico.  On the game this Saturday, the Vikings won again but it was won by the QB who I think could be a starter on most NFL teams.  Kyle Sloter.  The guy just gets the team going and makes great plays.  Love watching the guy. Ya he come's in late in the game but always has great numbers.  This kid is going to be a star in time.  Cousins sucked and so did Manion his no. 2.  good luck.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I agree 100% RH.  Noone looked like they were even having fun with Cousins out there.  Mannion not any better.  BUT when Sloter gets on the field everyone's heads are up and they have fun.  That leads to points.  PLUS I have never heard a starting QB apologize for bad play during a preseason game like Cousins did.  Too bad Zimmer is so hard on Sloter.  Just like he treated Carlson the kicker last year who went on to kick 16 of 17 for Oakland after we fired him.  Maybe Zim needs to get his head out of his azz. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
the town of Long Prairie is taking that man's death hard, he was a very loved and admired man here... 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sad deal Mike.  They talk all about the man but don't say anything about his wife. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
she was a quiet lady, always nice but quiet..  they raised their family and then adopted 2 kids..  and now you know then rest of the story..  it will be a larget funeral for sure..

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
On a lighter note, anybody else hear the news outta the Redskins camp. :scratch: Their hotshot #1 pick from Ohio St. got beat out for the starting QB job by Case Keenum. I thought he kind of got a raw deal after the year he had. It was easy to tell Zimmer wasn't a fan of his & I'm not sure why. :confused:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
yrah that case keenum deal ill nevernunderstand...took us all that way to be dumped
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
And we have the Redskins in Week 8!   :happy1:

The NFL is funny that way.  Guys like Matt Cassel, Brian Hoyer, and Jimmy Garoppolo get handed the starting jobs with big $$$ contracts just because they had a couple of good games playing for the Patriots.

I think coaches like Zimm don't like QBs like Keenum because they have too much gunslinger in them - despite demonstrating that they can win games in the NFL.  That is also the reason I think Sloter will get cut.  Sloter might have some of the "It Factor," but Mannion's past experience will carry the day.

I think coaches and GMs are more comfortable going with the "consensus best" quarterback, i.e. Cousins.  That way if things don't work our, its easier to say, "It ain't our fault.  EVERYONE was wrong on this guy."

Actually, I get it that Teddy Bridgewater was a big gamble coming off his leg injury, but I'd take Teddy compared to what I've seen out of Cousins so far.  Cousins strikes me as Christian Ponder 2.0.  'I need to play better.  We won't win if I don't play better.  We'll look at the film and correct the mistakes."  It was a pre-season game for cripes sakes!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I do drink the Purple Kool Aid.  Love the Vikes and don't miss a game.  People don't call me during the game neither.  LOL  My wife is just as big of fan as I am and that makes it twice as much fun.  We both got actual jerseys last year.  A 19 and a 22 for each of us.  Cool to see which one we each pick for game.  BUT I am not looking forward to Cousins at all.  I feel like he is someone elses QB playing for us to help out.  I don't want him to help out.  He ain't going to get us there so let's work on a QB that we may have for a few years is Zim's ego doesn't ruin that too.  As in Sloter. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
HEY!!!  It just dawned on me.  Our new QB next year is Andrew Luck!!!!   We can slog through this season with something to look forward to.  Luck is tired of being hurt and rehabilitating.  SO he gets a year to rest and get better.  Our O line gets a chance to improve.  THEN next year we do a Favre like move and announce that Luck is just landing on Ziggy's jet and he is a MN Viking!!!!  You can all congratulate me next year.  Yes Thank You in advance.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Purple koolaid appears to be heavily spiked!! :doofus: :tequila; :drinking: :tequila; :drinking: :tequila; :drinking: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds just like every year...."Just wait 'til next year"...

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
HEY!!!  It just dawned on me.  Our new QB next year is Andrew Luck!!!!   We can slog through this season with something to look forward to.  Luck is tired of being hurt and rehabilitating.  SO he gets a year to rest and get better.  Our O line gets a chance to improve.  THEN next year we do a Favre like move and announce that Luck is just landing on Ziggy's jet and he is a MN Viking!!!!  You can all congratulate me next year.  Yes Thank You in advance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX3ll_cCkqg
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

And only in Minnesota do you hear "just wait 'til next year..." BEFORE this year even starts!
 :crazy:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

And only in Minnesota do you hear "just wait 'til next year..." BEFORE this year even starts!
:tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: DA SUPER BOWL all da way this year................................. :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :blues brothers: :blues brothers: :rocker; :rocker; :rocker; :rocker;

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
I think Zimmer has a contract through2020 and so has Spielman.  This season is a get it done or your out season for them.  They have good coaches and a great defense.  Last year to be fair to Cousins, it was his first with the team and the getting used to part, but he had great numbers even with the terrible O line.  So as my favorite president always says "We will see what happens".  Every year I am one of those "this is the year" couch potato experts.  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

:tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: DA SUPER BOWL all da way this year................................. :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :blues brothers: :blues brothers: :rocker; :rocker; :rocker; :rocker;

Ya....

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Been seein a lot of reports of this USWNT member kickin a 55 yd field goal in a tryout for the Eagles & that she is now considerin trying it as she's had quite a few teams show some interest. What do you guys think? :scratch: A female soccer player kicking FG's for the Vikes.  :crazy: Yes? No?

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
maybe??????????? :rotflmao: :rotflmao: its one thing kicking field goals on a practice field. somehow i think its a bit different when you got 11 guys running at ya!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: August 08/28/19, 08:24:23 AM by glenn57 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It's gonna happen sooner or later.  I'm not sure if I want that much change.  Will we get to see her in her underwear in the locker room just like they show the guys????   :sleazy:  I mean really.  There are some issues that may need to get smoothed out.